Spring Drama - Page 2

Spring Drama

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

hunterw

Re: Spring Drama

Post by hunterw »

too bad server bans dont stick in tasclient
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Moderation in the current spring lobby is pretty much sprinting on a treadmill. I've lost many of my best moderators because they're sick of it, and I'm pretty much at the same ends myself. I don't really want to appoint 100 moderators that won't be needed as soon as we get a sane system in place. I'm kind of at a loss for what's really the best way to approach the problem.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Man im celebrity ^^ anyway, day before this ffa game you was whining on main about smurfs how bad they are, and they should be gased or anything (probably just some smurf have beat you). next day you join game with 1st rank account... sorry, i cant stand hipocrits ^^

Second thing - show me any other proofs that im troll... looks like you have tons of them so it shouldnt be problem ^^

Third - 'So, to test this, I decided I would combomb as many players as possible to see if I would get banned or not' - thats the childish way of thinking, gj ^^ comboming players in normal-team game should be bannable: you give enemy metal, allies got 1 player less... so your 'experiment' fails terribly.

gj jaz ^^ if you got more issues about combombing/me/god or anything, just say, i didnt want to read whole this post :'
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

[07:10:54 PM] <Com> It's Wombat
[07:11:01 PM] <Com> He does it all the time
[07:12:08 PM] <Com> Not to mention he's been kicked from the server dozens of times for the names he registers with
[07:12:37 PM] <[LCC]quantum[CA]> Wombat only has 8 minutes
[07:12:45 PM] <[LCC]quantum[CA]> his smurfs have 0
[07:12:56 PM] <Com> Ingame time?
[07:13:00 PM] <Com> MortalWombat
[07:13:29 PM] <[LCC]quantum[CA]> aha
[07:13:36 PM] <Com> Sorry, I thought you knew Wombat, nvm :D
[07:13:36 PM] <[LCC]quantum[CA]> Tesata
[07:13:40 PM] <[LCC]quantum[CA]> familiar name
[07:13:42 PM] <Com> He's one of the community trolls
[07:14:09 PM] <Com> He was trolling on the account "VaginatorT1000" too
[07:14:26 PM] <Com> He's got loads of smurfs and trolls constantly...

hahaha just found this XD so...
'[07:11:01 PM] <Com> He does it all the time' - proofs plz proofs... however i combomb in ffa knob and CptBomba all the time but i dont rly belive someone has anything against it :D
'[07:12:08 PM] <Com> Not to mention he's been kicked from the server dozens of times for the names he registers with' - hehe i have to agree i had 1 account which was banned and i was trolling, yes... anyway it didnt influence game in any way so... you kinda fail again... also vaginator is not bad, vagina is word used during biology lessons, but looks like you didnt have it yet.

so... im waiting on any proofs im some 'one of community trolls'... dont worry, no need to be hurry, i can w8... fact is i never combombed anyone in team game at start, as long as his name wasnt 'knob' :d

oh and btw i got 3 accs, 1 vet, 1 gold star, and 1... this one before silver star... JAZ FAILS AGAIN
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I would reply to each and every one of your points, some I agree with, some not.

I don't smurf very often, and when I do, I don't specifically troll on it so I don't get banned on my main account. Yes I'm a hypocrite, but it's nice to bash it into some peoples skulls how bad smurfing is.

If you had combombed me say, 5 minutes-10 mins later, I wouldn't of minded so much at all. Anyways, I was just using this case as an example, I have nothing against you personally as I know you wouldn't do it if you would get an instant ban every time you did it. If you wish to keep arguing about it feel free to rant on. I'm more concerned about the more general issues.

Oh and I believe Neddie kicked you from the server for "VaginatorT1000" or something similar and Neddie's the most dramatical, over knowing human here :P

As much as I love you Wombat, this isn't about you.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It's obvious just looking at the opinions in this thread that some people think combombing is ok, a tactic and others think it should be a bannable offense.

If FatController ends up reading this, I'd like to ask if he could someone how stop combombing happening within the first 3 minutes or so in BA. This is a BIG change and so would need a lot of thought but something definitely needs to be done about intentional game ruining.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

1st - i wouldnt call it argue but conversation. especially i give decent explenations/reasons. Also, i dont think im 'community troll'.

2nd - yes neddie kicked me, but he done this only once, after i gave him same argument like here. Still, he replied that 'there are also shootings at schools', what is probably most stupid argument ever. It means my nick has nothing to do with trolling and neddie shouldnt have kicked me (but ok, thats my opinion, tho i had decent argument, what i said is truth and Vaginator is nothing insulting + ppl like this nick ^^)

According to this 'anti-combomb' thing - i think that smth like 50 E usage while keeping com in trans could be good idea. This wont stop combombs but early com drops would be more risky. Small step but still better than disabling trans :D
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Wombat wrote:1st - i wouldnt call it argue but conversation. especially i give decent explenations/reasons. Also, i dont think im 'community troll'.
It is an argument, no doubt about that :D
And no, you're not a community troll, but more int hat group of people that I can't really give a name :D You know the group, Yourself, Bomber, Knob etc :D
Wombat wrote:2nd - yes neddie kicked me, but he done this only once, after i gave him same argument like here. Still, he replied that 'there are also shootings at schools', what is probably most stupid argument ever. It means my nick has nothing to do with trolling and neddie shouldnt have kicked me (but ok, thats my opinion, tho i had decent argument, what i said is truth and Vaginator is nothing insulting + ppl like this nick ^^)
Yeh, Neddie kicked you cause of that name, then you logged straight back on with the same name and he never kicked you again :D
I'm fine with you using those names, it's just when a mod kicks you from the server for it, then you log back on with the same name and get away with it :P
Wombat wrote:According to this 'anti-combomb' thing - i think that smth like 50 E usage while keeping com in trans could be good idea. This wont stop combombs but early com drops would be more risky. Small step but still better than disabling trans :D
I think maybe, combombs explosion should be bigger or smaller depending on how much E you have? For example, if you combomb whilst E stalling, it would make a very very small explosion. If you combombed would full E, it would make a normal explosion maybe?

I like the fact CA has taken Com explosions off completely but it's pretty boring. I think what's needed is somewhere between the full BA explosion and CA's pitiful flinch. Preferably something that wouldn't kill another Com when it blew up.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

You call bomba troll just coz he was trolling you while applying to pink so as long as its the only reason to call him so he is not real troll. also comparing me or bomba to knob is kinda abuse - im not dgunning/napping or doing anything else to allies.
You still didnt give any reason why i should be called troll or someone between regular player and troll. As long as i can remember i didnt 'kill' any game. Your issues right now are only about ffa game, what doesnt matter coz u was my enemy.

If neddie kicked me, after that i logged back in and told him why my nick is nothing bad and he didnt kick me again means i was right and it wasnt matter of' getting away with it'.

usually when someone comdrops at the very beginning of the game he aims enemy com so explosion radius doesnt matter (own com radius + enemy). i think comdrops are bigger problem and only in team games - in ffa u are my enemy so i can do whatever i want ^^

In the end im wondering why u report me on forum not knob, regret, flatter or any pyb. if i combomb you on exe ffa report it to exe ( fact is they dont care about it coz i combomb enemy, so they wouldnt agree with you anyway). ill forsee your thoughts - im not any way scared or smth coz im right ;)
Also dont think i took this topic too serious - if u report me as troll on forum, expect me to defend myself on forum ;)

And now best part - you cant even whine about my smurfing - on exe and spads im set always on vet, no matter what account im using ^^ (some gay spads feature :D) jaz fails again *burn*

'I don't smurf very often,' - hipocriteeeeeeee - what about your [Com] pseudo clan ? i called it pseudo just coz it was clan of smurfs ^^ *burn*

Im still w8n for you to explain that - 'Wombat is a troll, and a game ruiner'... if you cant give any proof ( and you cant ^^) dont say that, be mature and say sorry ^^ right now you are crying about 1 'ruined' ffa game (ruined just for you lol)
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

if someone is a game ruiner in an autohost game, you contact the autohost owner and request they be banned

if your hosting the game, boot + ban

if they do the same in a game hosted by someone else, the host assumably boots them and bans them from future games. if the host thinks its AOK then dont join that host anymore.

if the griefer is the host, you do not join their games in future

I dont really see why you need moderators to whale in for ingame confrontations like this
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

" Wombat is a troll, and a game ruiner. This is known by most players who have played with him. He doesn't do it all the time, but every now and then, he'll deliberately ruin the game for someone. There is plenty of proof of this." - looks like im so dangerous i had to be reported on public... so, jaz... still w8n for proofs :D
"Apparently he's done nothing wrong and won't get banned for it." - he reported it here coz he expect mod to ban me - i wont get banned on autohost coz admins dont see anything wrong in combombing enemies (how could they ?!)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Wombat wrote:You call bomba troll just coz he was trolling you while applying to pink so as long as its the only reason to call him so he is not real troll. also comparing me or bomba to knob is kinda abuse - im not dgunning/napping or doing anything else to allies.
You still didnt give any reason why i should be called troll or someone between regular player and troll. As long as i can remember i didnt 'kill' any game. Your issues right now are only about ffa game, what doesnt matter coz u was my enemy.
I said "group of people that I can't really give a name"

When I said you were a troll to begin with, I used the wrong word. And yeh, you're right, Bomber isn't that bad.
Wombat wrote:usually when someone comdrops at the very beginning of the game he aims enemy com so explosion radius doesnt matter (own com radius + enemy). i think comdrops are bigger problem and only in team games - in ffa u are my enemy so i can do whatever i want ^^
You know full well what you were doing and you just wanted to ruin the game for me cause I was smurfing... Just drop this issue dude, you're getting too emotional about it. I couldn't care less about this issue right now.
Wombat wrote:In the end im wondering why u report me on forum not knob, regret, flatter or any pyb.
I report them when they do something to me. If they go and ruin the game for someone else, I'm not gonna go crying about it.
Wombat wrote:'I don't smurf very often,' - hipocriteeeeeeee - what about your [Com] pseudo clan ?
Yeh there's one more smurf I made a few months ago. Congratz, you make a new one almost every day.
Wombat wrote: Im still w8n for you to explain that - 'Wombat is a troll, and a game ruiner'... if you cant give any proof ( and you cant ^^) dont say that, be mature and say sorry ^^ right now you are crying about 1 'ruined' ffa game (ruined just for you lol)
I'm not crying about anything. As I've said a few posts before, I don't care about this issue as I'm just using it as an example. There are hundreds of issues like this that happen all the time, sometimes people get banned for them, other times they don't. What I'm saying here is we need to draw a line in the sand to mark out what we can a cannot do.

I can give proof but that means digging through shitloads of replays and finding the right ones. I'm not saying you do it all the time, but recently, you're just being annoying like Knob ¬_¬

Forget this FFA game, forget combombing, forget yourself. I say again, I couldn't care less about this small issue. Try reading some of the general points about moderation etc ;)
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

'Yeh there's one more smurf I made a few months ago. Congratz, you make a new one almost every day.' i RENAME every day, so u fail again about my smurfing.

'Just drop this issue dude, you're getting too emotional about it. I couldn't care less about this issue right now.' - like i said before, i forseed your thoughts :D i think you are the one who took it too emotional :D

Like i expected, you can only flame without giving any decent proofs/arguments. If you start flaming someone, if you start topic finish it... Right now you behave like little kid whose toy was taken :< get some ballz, have some real conversation if you start one. Now i feel like talking with little kid.
Day

Post by Day »

imo you're both idiots, ban plz
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

*pwnd* *wombocombed* :X
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

10 years in this same subject and still the same ... people cry about it ~_~

If you dont like this shit, put a rank limit in yo games =)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Some people find your nickname offensive, hence why I kicked you, and that kick was justified. Your argument had nothing to do with my lack of further action - I could force you to change names by kicking you repeatedly, but as the only consistently active lobby moderator, I have much better things to do with my time. If you choose an idiotic name like TesticalMasticator or Shitstomp, according to policy that is as much your problem as ours - but interestingly enough, nobody can legitimately pass judgment upon the community through the actions of such an utterly unimportant person.

My response, that you see shootings in school and it doesn't make them right, was a direct logical analog to your justification. It was not intended as a serious response, it was intended as humour - all the more so because it is true.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:if someone is a game ruiner in an autohost game, you contact the autohost owner and request they be banned

if your hosting the game, boot + ban

if they do the same in a game hosted by someone else, the host assumably boots them and bans them from future games. if the host thinks its AOK then dont join that host anymore.

if the griefer is the host, you do not join their games in future

I dont really see why you need moderators to whale in for ingame confrontations like this
ACK.
See also http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 95#p361695
There was also once a EMP BA. But no one really used it.

FFAs are always chaotic. There are many ways to ruin it for one player.
In that game there was an idle com in south. Send some flash, reclaim, huge metal advantage. Isn't that ruin the game, too?
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

methinks a new jazcash guide : how to prevent getting combowned in the first 5.

or even better : dealing with and protecting yourself from trolls!

and for the record, wombat is a troll, and very proud of it, but isn't a game ruiner, he's a mood ruiner. if you screw something up in the game, he makes sure to let you know about it, and tries to make you cry XD

as far as combombing as a game element goes, i dont mind that idea of the transport costing E to move the commander, in fact the more i think about it, the more sense it makes.

as much of a "problem" as combombs are (especially early game ones where the bomber gains nothing) it's still a game element; same thing as with counterstrike, i remember being in tons of servers where people got shot with the AWP and had a nervous breakdown; if you don't like it, you can always host a game with t1 trans disabled... from the perspective of someone who has been combombed over and over again, you just have to suck it up and carry on.

was this your first FFA game against a troll? i seem to remember when neurope was released, there was a long period where knobhead and wombat would always fly into my base and explode for the lulz. it forced me to play more intelligently, and i thank them for it.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

IMO, remove Admin ability from every single player that currently has it, in any capacity. Period.

Start up a POLL and make everyone vote in who they want to be a Lobby moderator.

Don't give the choice to those that want it most, let the players pick who they want to be in charge of lobby bans and moderation.

It may really piss some people off, but when Mods aren't doing their job, and making the players suffer for their lack of judgement, they have no right to any power over any player, good or bad.

For every time a player gets special privileges over another for no reason other than he's part of "***" clan or he's buddies with "xxx" whatever, its bullshit and needs to fkn end.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

the mods I encounter in my GMT - neddy, deci, lurk, braindamage, quantum- do just fine- who are the mod(s) that are causing such rage to you guize?
Last edited by 1v0ry_k1ng on 10 Jul 2009, 22:14, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion”