Spring Drama - Page 5

Spring Drama

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Peet
Malcontent

Re: Spring Drama

Post by Peet »

Cup was the best moderator we ever had.
AlcariTheMad

Post by AlcariTheMad »

Peet wrote:Cup was the best moderator we ever had.
Only when he wasn't drunk, high, burning down his server farm, forgetting to pay the bills, and actually online, but yeah, he was great.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Cup was never a moderator.
AlcariTheMad

Post by AlcariTheMad »

neddiedrow wrote:Cup was never a moderator.
But he was an honorary member of The Organization!
pintle

Post by pintle »

They moderate for you petulant idiots in their spare time, this is recreational, stop looking for some bullshit conspiracy and stop QQing about cb

/thread
aegis

Post by aegis »

AF wrote:Peet/Aegis/AF/Lurker vs [1337] lasted years
er what?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Well, we can start by removing anyone who visits 4chan /b/ regularly from moderator status.

Which knocks out a few people, most noteably here, peet. Peet used to be a cool guy, but ever since smoth got him going to 4chan, the dude changed bigtime. Kinda pathetic tbh.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Small list of people I think would make decent moderators:

Beherith
Wisse
Pullapitko
SirArtturi
Llamadues
SteveZissou
Hoijui
Dizekat

There are probably a bunch more of guys who would make great mods, but I don't know them well enough to say. Pretty much most all the people in this list are mature and respected. I'd say they were all active, and a bunch of them have also made some epic content for the community.

If you want to suggest any more, go ahead.
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

Jaz, do you think the people on your list would even want to listen to random people whining of combombing - not to mention huge drama on the forums for their decisions - every day? :roll:
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Teutooni wrote:Jaz, do you think the people on your list would even want to listen to random people whining of combombing - not to mention huge drama on the forums for their decisions - every day? :roll:
If the points in my first post were followed, there wouldn't be whining and complaining because there would be rules and players would know exactly what is was they did wrong.

And yes, they'd probably enjoy it, I know getting someone upset can be quite fun ^_^
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Forboding Angel wrote:Well, we can start by removing anyone who visits 4chan /b/ regularly from moderator status.

Which knocks out a few people, most noteably here, peet. Peet used to be a cool guy, but ever since smoth got him going to 4chan, the dude changed bigtime. Kinda pathetic tbh.
Double spoilers: I am not a moderator.

Oh, and you fell out of my good books when I realized you were an arrogant douche. It had nothing to do with my browsing habits, you silly person.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I use super secret squirrel stuff to hide my feuding, though I dont feud, its the other person feuding, im just matter of fact about it all and like the giggles when other people make foobar, or I just argue my point because the other person is so up their own arse they cant admit it.

Yes AF for 2010!!!!

As for your list jazcash, I dont know about half the names in the list, however I thought beherith was already involved at some point.

Wisse
SirArtturi
Dizekat

They seem alright, not had any trouble or seen them have problems. Hoijui, I would whole heartedly agree. I don't know about what time he has, though I'd recommend him as moderator if only over the AI forums. He's reasonable and listens to rational arguments.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Peet wrote:
Forboding Angel wrote:Well, we can start by removing anyone who visits 4chan /b/ regularly from moderator status.

Oh, and you fell out of my good books when I realized you were an arrogant douche. It had nothing to do with my browsing habits, you silly person.
Because I stand up for myself when my opinion differs from yours or smoth's? I'll take that as a compliment.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

HAI GUYZ

toasting in epic bread here

just came back from portugal but im not gonna make a dumb post like dragon

so this is basically what i get from this thread

JAZCASH : BAW BAW BAW *insert over 9000 baw's* not enough mods play BA make more BA players mods.

Seriously all this drama for nothing.

If someone is griefing i thought that stuff should be pm'd and sorted out in private like ive been told many times b4 on other matters. No need to make a drama post about it because the game has a mechanic which can be abused to grief easilly/annoyingly.

Someone not building/afking or auto attacking could be considered griefing in other games in BA ally com bomb is easier/quicker and so its more annoying.

No need for more mods. Just stick to autohosts (theres already a fuckton) or with a host you know can kick the player or host yourself. If a player ruins enough games they will get banned so i dont see the problem. If a person just wants to piss you off well thats tough luck.

But this thread is full of lulz/flame and should be locked because its not getting anywere

/thread
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Forboding Angel wrote:
Peet wrote:

Because I stand up for myself when my opinion differs from yours or smoth's? I'll take that as a compliment.
+1
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I think a proper rules system should be drawn up using all the community. We should discuss issues like combombing, and once we've come to an agreement whether it should be allowed or not, we make it a rule. Otherwise, we get into the situation we are currently and have mods banning or their opinion instead of the public community opinion.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

JAZCASH wrote:I think a proper rules system should be drawn up using all the community. We should discuss issues like combombing, and once we've come to an agreement whether it should be allowed or not, we make it a rule. Otherwise, we get into the situation we are currently and have mods banning or their opinion instead of the public community opinion.

BA subforum then.

Combombing is BA specific (also possibly xta/sa)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

And then we shall debate other issues like smurfing, ban dodging etc and try and actually do something instead of coming up with solutions we cba to implement.
DavetheBrave

Post by DavetheBrave »

Actually, the plan for spring from the start has been a conspiracy(masterminded by 4chan) against AF.

The truth is that moderators play spring to have fun too. And we are all flawed, we are not paid, and this is our free time. I haven't ever seen any mod go on a powertrip. After the first few weeks of being a moderator, you learn that its more than a HUGE pain in the ass other than anything else. Because whenever you try to do your job your likely going to hit a wall of shit.

It is a flawed system, and I think if a new rule system was to be drafted up it would definitely be looked at. Threads like this quickly get derailed though :/
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

We don't need any more discussion of smurfing. Ban dodging doesn't really need to be discussed either.

Return to “General Discussion”