WTF - Page 2

WTF

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Tobi
Spring Developer

Re: WTF

Post by Tobi »

Watch the replay of those games to see how they did it :-)

Cheats which give people more resources or units really aren't possible unless the host issues the '/cheat' command.
grey666

Post by grey666 »

I mean even you hackers have to appreciate a normal game once in a while, it's simply too much fun to not acknowledge.

It's better than wow, lol, so why ruin it? What's the point?
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

The cheats you talk about aren't possible.

Watch replay to see how they got those units.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

grey666 wrote: P.S. What a piece of shit, for so much work... lol. It's like taking 100 years to build the great wall, but only building it 1 foot high.
It's more of a 100 Foot wall made out of paper mache that's taken 10 years to build. The higher we build it, the more unstable it becomes.
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

grey666 wrote:And where is the lvl caps? I don't wanna play with you asshats, I wanna play with nubs - it's so easy to block ranks, except nubs can't block you?

This game needs an asshat limit, so that nubs can play without your cheating and hacking....

TA released in 1993? And it's 10 times more fun than this game... get a clue.
This game is NOT TA. You are not wanted because you want this game to be TA.

DUMBASS
grey666

Post by grey666 »

Yea FU, I hear you... but I had 3 really great games, really really fun... like big time fun.

Then 6 hours of bullshit... map can't be downloaded, mod can't be downloaded, getting booted from server "Noobs welcome, training grounds" then get booted cuz I'm a nub... then more more BS, followed by more BS...

You know it doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out you won't have competition if nubs can't learn the game... the game will die without nubs... there will be like the same 10 dudes over and over and over and over and over.... and eventually the dudes will stop playing cuz there is no new competition and it's the same shit....

So, if you have an ounce of self preservation about you, I'd suggest you take a new attitude.... and help some nubs, or else go find a new game. You do understand self-preservation don't you?
grey666

Post by grey666 »

Listen you moron, without nubs your game will die, you do understand this basic principal right? It's not that complicated.... your game with wither and die without nubs, whY? cuz there is no players... I just feel like I should explain this shit to you.

Tribulex wrote:
grey666 wrote:And where is the lvl caps? I don't wanna play with you asshats, I wanna play with nubs - it's so easy to block ranks, except nubs can't block you?

This game needs an asshat limit, so that nubs can play without your cheating and hacking....

TA released in 1993? And it's 10 times more fun than this game... get a clue.
This game is NOT TA. You are not wanted because you want this game to be TA.

DUMBASS
grey666

Post by grey666 »

Let me just explain the history of online games to you morons who don't fucking get it... without players, the game dies... there, I've explained it.
Tribulexrenamed

Learn 2 read.

First of all, go to spring.jobjol.nl. THEN click the LINK that says search. THEN type in the name of the mod or map. THEN press ENTER. Then select a file and select a mirror and save it to the appropriate directory OR use archivemover to move it to the correct directory. Also, spectate a few games to learn to play so people dont kick you.
Tribulexrenamed

there i helped
Strategia

Post by Strategia »

-Remember the names of the asshats, and stay away from them.
-Get to know people and determine who you prefer to play with.
-Don't use the integrated SpringLobby downloader, go to http://spring.jobjol.nl and download from there.
-Try new stuff, different mods and different maps.
-Don't let the game get to you. It's only a game.
-Don't let the jerks get to you. Ignore them and avoid them.
-It might help if you lose some of that pissed-off genericising my-way-is-the-right-way attitude you have going. It's causing a lot of kneejerk reactions and you're only alienating people.
Tribulexrenamed

I am an asshat. STAY AWAY
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Get it through your head please... Spring is an ENGINE.

That means when you install spring, you can't play anything because there is no GAME for it yet.

The things that the lobby calls "Mods" are not modifications, "Mods" stands for "Modules", or in other words, games.

So if the mod is Balanced Annihilation then you should be yelling at the creators of that Module. If you are playing Evolution RTS then you should be yelling at me. If you are playing Gundam RTS then you should be yelling at smoth.

Also, as trib pointed out, spectate several games. You'll learn a lot. Games like BA in spring are extremely competitive, and people spend months learning how to make things happen the most quickly. For example, t2 bots in 8 minutes.

AA was the predecessor to BA, and in AA I had it down to where I could be producing t2 and protecting myself nicely in 6 minutes (The fact that ak's were so powerful in AA helped a lot :-)).

Edit: This guy reminds me of people that buy l4d then immediately try to play versus mode and whine and bitch about people cheating. L4d versus is also extremely competitive and if you happen to be pubbing it's pretty annoying to have to play with some jackass that didn't even bother loading up any of the campaigns first.
Last edited by Forboding Angel on 21 Jun 2009, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Maybe you were playing on speedmetal? You get a ton of resources and it's pretty easy to get lots of stuff very quickly.
Tribulexrenamed

Forboding Angel wrote:AA was the predecessor to BA, and in AA I had it down to where I could be producing t2 and protecting myself nicely in 6 minutes (The fact that ak's were so powerful in AA helped a lot :-)).
AA was from the time when Spring didnt have Aids or Cancer.

Also, everyone should be yelling at Smoth. If you say his name out loud, you will know what i mean.
grey666

Post by grey666 »

woops, didn't know that...

I have no idea how mods work, I've only been able to install and play 1 mod... thought it was all spring.

My bad.

It's fucking impossible to install new mods, so that's why I'm assuming all this shit is spring... if it were actually possible to install a new mod, then I would think - hrm, maybe this isn't spring. But it's impossible, so ....

I have had some fun games, really fun games actually - more fun than the original TA.... and there are some really cool ppl here. Just 1 bad apple in every game...

I had like 3 games this morning that were way more awesome than the original TA... way more awesome. Everyone was cool, noone cheated, everyone helped, it was wicked...

So, why the fuck would you trash that?

Listen to what I'm saying....
Tribulexrenamed

Let me break it down for you.

Go to website, search, click, download.

If you cant put it in the right directory, there is a program called ARCHIVE MOVER THAT WILL DO IT FOR YOU.

If you dont want to play with certain people, get better and join a clan. Then you will always be in the same team as your clan.'

EDIT: Maybe its impossible for idiots to install mods, which is a built in feature of the game in order to keep out people like yourself.
grey666

Post by grey666 »

Yea I did that, I put the shit in the map directory, but the game still says I don't have the maps....
grey666

Post by grey666 »

Why don't you try it genius? Download a fucking map fro the map link, copy it into c:\program files\spring\maps" and then try to join a game... "Map not found".
Tribulexrenamed

grey666 wrote:Why don't you try it genius? Download a fucking map fro the map link, copy it into c:\program files\spring\maps" and then try to join a game... "Map not found".
Lol... maybe try reloading your maps? If that doesnt work, then you downloaded the wrong one lol. Try again.

lollies

Return to “General Discussion”