Comentated tournaments and real live tourney broadcasts. - Page 2

Comentated tournaments and real live tourney broadcasts.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Gota

Re: Comentated tournaments and real live tourney broadcasts.

Post by Gota »

all this side chatter is pointless.
Anyone will comment whatever mod they want and all the community would be grateful for anyone who would do it.
the fact we have people to commentate and people to watch was clear before this thread started and i pointed it out just so there wouldn't be any unnecessary posting.

What is important is if any of this is possible,technically.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

We've been doing it for the past week or so, of course its possible.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I'm talking about the topic of this thread which is "Commentated tournaments and real live tourney broadcasts."
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

Gota, could you answer the questions i asked earlier, please ?
Gota

Post by Gota »

adin_panther wrote:Gota, could you answer the questions i asked earlier, please ?
Gota wrote: Any thoughts by spring devs,lobby devs,people with bandwidth,devs of spring related file hosting websites or anyone else?
Day

Post by Day »

i am not noize
pintle

Post by pintle »

Day wrote:Small games (1v1/2v2) with professional players are so hard to find in the lobby, it's damn near impossible

I'm always online!
And you never respond to my pms asking for 1v1.

Reason I aint logged in in about a week is that the only people who would 1v1 me (outside of RoXers and a few other XTA chaps) were Det and Basic. I got really bored of all the "pros" failing to grow a pair and play a 1v1 when im spamming #main with "anyone 1v1 me any mod".

There is no real competitive community left in spring. Last "decent" tourney I played in was an SA one, and ShoX defaulted me on the finals of that.

I am not implying that i am ubarleeet pwnzor. I am a decent, not amazing player (when sober) but I have grown increasingly frustrated with the lack of competitive play/1v1s
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

Gota wrote:
adin_panther wrote:Gota, could you answer the questions i asked earlier, please ?
Gota wrote: Any thoughts by spring devs,lobby devs,people with bandwidth,devs of spring related file hosting websites or anyone else?
Ok then: People with bandwidth think they have bandwidth. >.<

Could you please ask some specific question ? What kind of help do you need ? Do you need help implementing, or do you have worries about legal issues, or something else ....... ?
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

pintle wrote:
Day wrote:Small games (1v1/2v2) with professional players are so hard to find in the lobby, it's damn near impossible

I'm always online!
And you never respond to my pms asking for 1v1.

Reason I aint logged in in about a week is that the only people who would 1v1 me (outside of RoXers and a few other XTA chaps) were Det and Basic. I got really bored of all the "pros" failing to grow a pair and play a 1v1 when im spamming #main with "anyone 1v1 me any mod".

There is no real competitive community left in spring. Last "decent" tourney I played in was an SA one, and ShoX defaulted me on the finals of that.

I am not implying that i am ubarleeet pwnzor. I am a decent, not amazing player (when sober) but I have grown increasingly frustrated with the lack of competitive play/1v1s
I'll give you a 2v2, and if you rub me the right way i might give you a 1v1. I need to learn some LEET SKILLS
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

is caydr actually dead? i mean, seriously?
smoth

Post by smoth »

no, just busy struggling with that little problem of getting by
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Haven't checked my currently-registered email address in a bit. Someone who knows my current email address told me there was a rumour I was dead. Not so.

But Smoth pretty much got it on the nose, I'm struggling to get by... global recession and all... and I work in the manufacturing industry in Ontario, which is the worst-hit in all of Canada afaik.

There I go making broad statements again, I'm going to get myself into trouble.

Anyways, not really much going on that I want to talk about. I still have wild fantasies of finishing a mod at some point but it just seems more trouble than it's worth. I do enjoy modding, but I have to set priorities. If I do finish a mod, it won't be in any way similar to anything I've done before, I'm tired of playing the same game with a different paint coat, I want to make something really original.

Oh, I updated my website:

http://www.caydr.com

I'll try to add anything new as I'm able.

Also I guess there's still concern that I'm going to find and kill Noize for "stealing" my mod, but again, not so. I'm glad someone's carrying the torch and I'm sure Noize (and co?) is/are doing so competently. I don't know what's been going on with it, this is the first time I've visited the forum in... mmm... since my last post.

Aha! My last post, I think that one was a doozy wasn't it? I don't recall what I said, it probably got deleted though. Probably concerned Smoth. Smoth, in case you were offended, I've never actually played Gundam nor have I ever watched an episode from any series. Just messing around. Trolling, really. Ah, youth.

Also, AF, I've been using Vista for years now, I just complained about it to get a rise out of you. I actually had to set up a dual-boot for the purpose of being able to show myself using XP so nobody would call bullshit. :)

Bought a car.

So, what's new around here? Don't put too much effort into it, there's a good chance I won't remember to come back. I was really tempted to make a L4D thread when it came out, I can think of a few people I know here who are probably big fans.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

More Left 4 Dead. Friend us. Look around, we have a thread with steam IDs.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Smoth was stalking caydr O_O
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Caydr post! quick, Swift, sticky it! :P
smoth

Post by smoth »

@swift:
Not really, last time he was here he expressed some frustration over his job and pulling too man hours. I just drew the logical conclusion that he was just too damn busy. My dad was a machinist and I used to work in the shop with him, so I know how long the hours can be.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

Lots of people play Left 4 Dead here, i for one have slowed my gaming on it for spring again :]
[LBF]Vache

Post by [LBF]Vache »

That's mostly BS, at least for BA (I can't talk for XTA) . I just spent all the day on spring, and played almost only competitive games.

I know your level at BA, and around this level or better there is still a whole lot of people.

Also a crowd of guys enjoy playing a lots of 1V1 lately, including me, some pink guys, steve and llama, some Piros, and i'm forgetting some, but all in all they must be like 25 very decent 1V1 players, wich is a lot more than 1 year ago.

I totally second Basic's proposal. I can offer bandwith, but not that much, around 10 GB / month . And i'm not very aware of the issues of live broadcasting, even if i know my php/html/whatever

Talk about that to bibim for example, try to unite a team of competent guys, just asking on the forum probably wont cut it
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I'll play 1v1 again and am willing to commentate for tourneys.

Return to “General Discussion”