Getting pissed. - Page 3

Getting pissed.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

dojeh_

Re: Getting pissed.

Post by dojeh_ »

no ZellSF its not your fault, ur just 1 of 12 BA games i played were i got combombed @ start :(
btw my lab was still up when i got combombed and i had 4 flashes in base but i didnt cared anymore, i just raged, i was to frustrated cuz of combomb <_<

IT HURTS MY HEART IF SOME1 BOMBS MY GOD!!! ;-;

but still no fun, btw you can start in back make combomb and have prepared 5 aircons to suck the metal so enemy isnt able to get these :) fair? ;P

the more funneyer thing is that the side who combombs has best chances to get metal :P
if you dgun a com your own com flys back to the direction of your base :) and the other com just on same spot were it died :) so the guy who 1st dguns has better chances :P
caldera

Post by caldera »

i took ba 661 and changed the following:
- comms no longer transportable
- comm wreck worth only 1800 metal

I'll put it up on stalag this evening, perhaps some people like to test it...
Gota

Post by Gota »

Non transportable coms means less options during the game cause you cant tran your com out of danger and you cant move him around fast...It's less flexible(it's a secret but that is the reason why XTA's/OTA's AA that fires at ground targets is superior,cause you cant easily combomb since there is always AA everywhere).
caldera

Post by caldera »

Non transportable coms means less options during the game cause you cant tran your com out of danger and you cant move him around fast
i know, but i dont really care so much cause this is intended for larger battles where coms are well positioned over the battlefield so there is always one of them near if u need to dgun a krog for example. And due to dgun and cloak i think the com is still flexible enough.
dojeh_

Post by dojeh_ »

yeah and still most combombs are not via air, they happen on ground during start.
best if com corps cant be reclaimed :D or just 0 m wracks :P
dojeh_

Post by dojeh_ »

or another way to make people care more about coms would be 10 metal income for a com but decrease then start mex metal extractors :)
lurker

Post by lurker »

Yeah, if you could only rez comms that might be nice.
dojeh_

Post by dojeh_ »

1+
caldera

Post by caldera »

ground comboms are not really a problem to counter, they are too slow to walk into your base or defence unnoticed. two well positioned llts cant be dgunned without losing the commander. and if u see one com walking into your defence just walk your commie and stumpies back, let him explode and grab the m
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

dojeh_ wrote:no ZellSF its not your fault, ur just 1 of 12 BA games i played were i got combombed @ start :(
btw my lab was still up when i got combombed and i had 4 flashes in base but i didnt cared anymore, i just raged, i was to frustrated cuz of combomb <_<
If I wasn't 100% sure that lab was going down I wouldn't have combombed you, and I'm pretty sure the lab actually was destroyed before I combombed...
but still no fun, btw you can start in back make combomb and have prepared 5 aircons to suck the metal so enemy isnt able to get these :) fair? ;P
Yes, it is. Start using that tactic and see how fast counters to it show up.

In any case, there is already a solution to this problem, it's called commander ends...
Caradhras

Post by Caradhras »

very strange, never got combombed to often.

I like it the way it is atm @ba

btw: i hate ca for castrating the com at start, but it doenst matter for me, as i cant play ca anymore due to my slow pc.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

If you don't like the use of the commander as a bomb, I have some solutions for your predicament which have served me well for the years I've been involved with Spring.

1. Early Missile Turret
2. Map Awareness
3. Commander Ends/Lineage
4. Game With Friends
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

5. Threaten with banstick :mrgreen:
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

That doesn't work so well for me. I don't actually ban them, you see?
Wingflier

Post by Wingflier »

Wow you guys act like this is such a huge problem.

The BA Mod already has the solution for this.

1. No commander, no control.
+
2. Dgun limit: Enabled.

This way, the only way to "Comm Bomb" is to actually self-destruct your commander in the enemy base instead of DGUNNING everything in your path and possibly escaping (aka. REGRET).

Secondly, if you happen to die, you're out of the game.

Comm ends is also another solution to this problem.

Do you guys even think before making posts?

Wing
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

dojeh is on about xta
i left xta for this similar reason; its become all about compush and combomb, which is great if you like that kind of thing and shit if you dont

protip: play com ends
YHCIR

Post by YHCIR »

The thing with commbombing, on DSD porc/techfest the game usually comes down to how the south battle is played.
If you just play "normally" it gets boring, or you are the person getting his base dgunned. (by normally I mean you hold the middle with a few push pull battles and slowly tech up, middle ground becomes no-mans land because bertha and nukes, then someone makes 200 bombers and game ends)

If you are the person on the offensive from the start, you control the game.
dojeh_

Post by dojeh_ »

wingflier :D u still can combomb if " 2. Dgun limit: Enabled." :)
and "1. No commander, no control." --> enemy team still has the better chance to get com corps :)

And IK well y xta getts more combomb mod then maybe @ start but the worses moment of xta was with Nemesis :P, they loved to combombed, i just remember a victoria crater game were elbarto, i gues made a lab and combombed other guy, who was running away from barto lol and lost his whole base and com :D
then i kicked him from game and all were crying "BUUUUUUHHH, valid start" and quit the game and called me dictator lol <_<
dojeh_

Post by dojeh_ »

YHCIR wrote: If you are the person on the offensive from the start, you control the game.
or u get combombed cuz of expanding with com ;P
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Dealing with commbombing in BA:
1) When playing with Regret or another comnapper, or if you see any air, or in a large teamgame, always have at least 2 MTs at home base AND near your comm.
2) If you see a commdrop near your home base, cut all construction and start spamming LLTs like it's the end of the world. 1 LLT won't stop a comm, but a number of the will give him a very rough time.
3) If you can't win with LLTs, withdraw all your mobile units units and dgun him. Use your surviving cons to rebuild with your new super-duper-metal-patch.

That being said, comnapping is a stupid feature and should've been cut from BA a long time ago.
Last edited by Pxtl on 20 Jan 2009, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”