Getting pissed. - Page 2

Getting pissed.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

ginekolog

Re: Getting pissed.

Post by ginekolog »

combombs rox as balancing tool. If someone pushes too far with com i ll surely commbomb him. Not his base though, i am not bastadro.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

its retarded really the com has no other use in BA + if u do it near ur own half thats 2.5k free metal (go go free tier 2) and 5k if u get the enemy com.

Theres no reason to keep your com alive (unless sum1 techs to krog)
Ashnal

Post by Ashnal »

I don't see why having less explosive commanders makes CA boring. What is gained from less commander centric games is more unit variety and tactical use of those units. You can't just commbomb your enemies' lines, you actually have to use artillery.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Regret wrote:
caldera wrote:usage has increased massively.
I'm so proud to be the main factor in this.
Dont be so happy about it, your not the main factor, the new borked AA missiles are.
lurker

Post by lurker »

It's called a skuttle. It cloaks, too.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

lurker wrote:It's called a skuttle. It cloaks, too.
Not transportable, slow, needs a jammer behind it.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Beherith wrote:Dont be so happy about it, your not the main factor, the new borked AA missiles are.
You keep thinking that :-)
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

According to my calculations, Defender missiles run out of fuel by the time they have traveled 550 distance :s
caldera

Post by caldera »

missiles indeed are fucked up, it shouldnt be possible to fly through the range of 2 defenders with a l1 transport
dojeh_

Post by dojeh_ »

btw mercury aa is now realy useless... they hit nothing. they cant hit now air radar dots. should be changed too...
smoth

Post by smoth »

sounds like these bitching session belong in the mod's thread rather than a general thread since this is pretty mod specific.
Regret

Post by Regret »

smoth wrote:sounds like these bitching session belong in the mod's thread rather than a general thread since this is pretty mod specific.
Actually it's about XTA and BA, so no.
smoth

Post by smoth »

spring isn't those two ta mods.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i too have felt the rage of the newly combombed.

early-game combombing seems to be more of a waste of resources than anything... taking your commander and blowing him up on the other side of the map amongst your enemies in the first few minutes is pretty much doomed to fail early in the game unless you have a plan to immediately recover the metal; and even if you do, as the owner of an air factory you will have very little buildpower early in the game without your com... 2500 M is all well and good, but if it takes you ages to spend it, you might as well have done something else with your time.

generally, when i see an ally get combombed within the first few minutes; he's lost his lab and his commander, but has 5k + metal sitting in his base; i always give the poor guy as many cons as i can... (and sometimes even my com if i feel i dont need it anymore) with 5k metal it's easy to catch up with the other players and surpass them in terms of forces and economy.

IMO, i would say the ONLY way that an early-game base combomb is really effective is if you get the person who you bombed to ragequit in frustration.

as far as later game commander shennanigans go (blasting a frontline to bits, or airdropping your commander into someones base who didnt make AA) it's just part of the game... you learn to not cluster your tanks on your frontline, to keep good care of your com, to defend your base, and to keep up a good standard of macromanagement in order to remove any weak spots. sometimes even just the threat of a combomb can win a game for you... fly your commander around near the enemy lines, they will freak out, and spend ridiculous amounts of M on AA that they never would have done otherwise; then just walk your tanks through and destroy them.

it sucks when people combomb over and over; but it's more like they are shooting themselves in the foot for the most part; if you combomb someone one game, dont expect it to be so easy the next, because they will be ready for you.

as far as multiple combombings go... rezing a com is a legitimate strategy, that's why there are rezbots... if you don't keep track of com wrecks or try to secure and reclaim them, then it's your own fault if zombie coms come back to haunt you.

TBH, i'd love to be able to make more coms (not fake ones, real ones) at the t3 gantry... not sure how you would balance it though.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

heheh... the giant com planes in gundam... you should give them a "crash into the ground and explode" option just to keep the theme of combombing consistent throughout spring ;)

(joking... or am i? muahharrr)
Regret

Post by Regret »

KaiserJ wrote:TBH, i'd love to be able to make more coms (not fake ones, real ones) at the t3 gantry... not sure how you would balance it though.
Best idea ever.
caldera

Post by caldera »

TBH, i'd love to be able to make more coms (not fake ones, real ones) at the t3 gantry... not sure how you would balance it though.
yea, time for RegretAnnihilation Mod...
smoth

Post by smoth »

KaiserJ wrote:heheh... the giant com planes in gundam... you should give them a "crash into the ground and explode" option just to keep the theme of combombing consistent throughout spring ;)

(joking... or am i? muahharrr)
they already do that LOL
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

This is my fault isn't it? :(

I'm going to guess this is about the game where I made a quick rush of 5 flash and wiped out Dojeh's factory from behind and combombed him because I knew he had no way to send support to retrieve the wreckage.

It wasn't about winning, it was fun. Very fun.
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

If combombing is effective, you either a) need to spread out more or b) are playing a porcy 8v8 clusterf*ck, where combombing is the least of problems in terms of fun gameplay. Imo. :P

Return to “General Discussion”