Im seriously pissed - Page 2

Im seriously pissed

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

BattleMonk

Re: Im seriously pissed

Post by BattleMonk »

dekster is so infamous. i remember when i wiped him clean out with 1 combomb on his front line and 1 comdrop into his base. and bob why dont you just quit? all you do in games is tell everyone what to do when you are a huge noob yourself. You are the only person i know who thinks having 10 hlts cramped together is a good idea.
bobbelurman

Post by bobbelurman »

all you do in games is tell everyone what to do when you are a huge noob yourself. You are the only person i know who thinks having 10 hlts cramped together is a good idea.
i know i yell at nubs. However, please show me just ONE replay when i built ten HLTs cramped together. Or five for that matter. Show me just one replay where I do this!
BattleMonk

Post by BattleMonk »

im glad you asked cos i have a perfect replay of you making about 10 HLTS on front line against me i was amazed at how you got the metal for all that but i realised after watching the replay that you took someone. I didnt even bother to make defence cos a knew HLT appeared every time i made an llt so i just teched up you didnt even attack or nothing then I owned you with my T2.

I could also give you about 8 replays of you yelling at noobs to do exactly what you want sometimes so much so that you dont even bother to watch your own base you just spent the entire match drawing orders and insults in other peoples bases.
bobbelurman

Post by bobbelurman »

im glad you asked cos i have a perfect replay of you making about 10 HLTS on front line against me i was amazed at how you got the metal for all that but i realised after watching the replay that you took someone. I didnt even bother to make defence cos a knew HLT appeared every time i made an llt so i just teched up you didnt even attack or nothing then I owned you with my T2.

I could also give you about 8 replays of you yelling at noobs to do exactly what you want sometimes so much so that you dont even bother to watch your own base you just spent the entire match drawing orders and insults in other peoples bases.

well upload the damn replay, i can't remember that game specifically but it must've been something special if i built 10 hlts i don't usually do that. We all play this game our own way, i am aware of the fact that I tend to spend a little much res on static defenses. But why on EARTH do you have to start running your mouth at me in this thread, what did I do to offend you so much that you have to start critizing my playing. I never claimed to be uber, i was merely venting frustration on how this community turned out! Damn hater!
Scikar

Post by Scikar »

TradeMark wrote:
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:too many autohosts?
whats WRONG with there being large numbers of battlerooms people can use if they lack hosting abilities? nobody is forcing you to use any of them if you dont want to.
it makes it harder to find games if thres billion rooms, and billion-1 empty rooms, now try to find that room which isnt empty...

they just makes it harder to find real games going on
Filters.
smoth

Post by smoth »

no one likes epeen wagging bob. You probably are a newb. Whoopty do, past this thread I didn't know who you are and now you seem like a whiny bitch.

Just get over yourself. I don't know what the point of coming on here to publicly complain about a bunch of people fucking with you, talk the the guys who run the auto hosts. There are some many other more annoying things that happen in spring. And if the hosts kick you it is possibly that they are tired of the whining. Dude, just don't play on the servers if you really HAVE to play on the servers contact the hosts or talk to the guys with wrenches on the server, they are the moderators.

What do the rest of us care? I don't I host games or ask someone else I know to host the game. Can you host? no, then try and figure out why not. PROBLEM SOLVED AND MOVING ON. I can tell you right now tons of more annoying griefing and rage quitting happens on the server and it is lame. We care more about that. Even if the moderators ban the people abusing the autoservers they can rename and proxy around ip bans.

this whole issue should just be taken up with the mods. christ!

I don't care if you have shit base building skills or micro. No one else does either, the only one who does is you and even then you should get over yourself man.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Scikar wrote:
TradeMark wrote:
whats WRONG with there being large numbers of battlerooms people can use if they lack hosting abilities? nobody is forcing you to use any of them if you dont want to.
it makes it harder to find games if thres billion rooms, and billion-1 empty rooms, now try to find that room which isnt empty...

Filters.
TradeMark wrote:i agree, too fucking many autohosts, thats why i use filters and filter rooms which have no players in
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i'm admin on bogans, i have no problem unbanning you

as far as autohosts go, my router is about 20 years old, pretty much cathode ray tube territory, i can't host a game from behind it, which is why i often use autohosts. [bogans]Autohost is pretty much there as a favour to me from mephistos, which im very happy about and grateful for, because otherwise i would have no way of getting a game going.

it's unfortunate that there are standing lifetime bans, especially when they arent really necessary (because most of the time people are banned for rage, and NOBODY rages 100% of the time.) this problem increases when there are people wanting to play, there's only one game open, and some people are banned from the host.

i've banned three people as an admin (they were temp) and probably unbanned 10x the number. did i unban questionable players ever? yes, i did. why? because i feel sorry for people who want to play and are unable to. as far as griefers like knobhead go, he asked me politely to unban him, i talked to mephistos about it, and we both agreed an unban was the way to go. most players, this isnt even an issue, just ask me for an unban and that's fine, i figure if someone is willing to apologize, then fine, let them play.

in a perfect world, nobody would be banned, because nobody would bitch and moan and complain and screw up games and cause drama.

not making this post against you by any means bob, i don't really know the backstory to any of it so it's not my business, just explaining why i like having an autohost and why i will continue to support its existance. i will re-state it here :

if anyone was banned from a host i'm an admin on, PM me on the lobby, there's a 99% chance i will unban you without questioning. the last thing i want to do is hurt spring by not allowing people to play.
BattleMonk

Post by BattleMonk »

im proud to say ive never been banned on [bogans]autohost or mephistos_lair even though people seem to think of me as the evil horrifying game wrecker i never actually do anything bad.
Masure

Post by Masure »

KaiserJ wrote:as far as autohosts go, my router is about 20 years old, pretty much cathode ray tube territory, i can't host a game from behind it, which is why i often use autohosts.
Joining a human hosted game is an option too.

- There are too many autohosts for nothing more than "Hey guys I have my autohost too"
- Autohosts are a democracy for nothing. It's often a mess.
- Autohosts are sometimes set up to kick specs. There is absolutely no good reason to kick specs. As I'm a pro speccer I can't bear that.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

im proud i can host my own games
BattleMonk

Post by BattleMonk »

every human hosted game i join people are flooding commands at it like "!balance ... omfg this bot is a peice of crap it dont even work"
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

-There are too many autohosts for nothing more than "Hey guys I have my autohost too"

i can agree with you there; i've had problems with certain autohosts, bobs earlier mention of the 10+ players on DsD glitch comes to mind... i think some people are overzealous with it, setting up a 16 player autohost on a computer that can barely even handle half as much. autohosts should be configured to run within their own capacity of bandwidth and processing power for sure.

- Autohosts are a democracy for nothing. It's often a mess.

have you ever come to bogans? :mrgreen: we're notoriously tight with our commands, if you want to do anything other than votemap, votekick or ring... (anything that lags or spams the host)... the gestapo will show up at your house in the middle of the night.

- Autohosts are sometimes set up to kick specs. There is absolutely no good reason to kick specs. As I'm a pro speccer I can't bear that

i can agree with you there. AFAIK, bogans allows specs; i am also a pro speccer. bandwidth is not really a concern there.
smoth

Post by smoth »

BattleMonk wrote:every human hosted game i join people are flooding commands at it like "!balance ... omfg this bot is a peice of crap it dont even work"
Then the host can kick the whining loser. I would. I don't know what is wrong with your host but what do you care you can just save your raeg for in game.

see bob, if you would just ask the host. KaiserJ thanks for demonstrating how nice many of the hosts are.
Masure

Post by Masure »

TradeMark wrote:im proud i can host my own games
Each game I host starts in less than 3mn (assuming BA + DSD + playhour but thats not the point). Each time I join an autohost, it takes ages to start. When people drop 3 times in a row, nobody kicks him in a sec to make this start fast.

A human host is responsible of his game and surely manage it to be played in good conditions.

In autohosted games, everybody is responsible <=> nobody really cares. Always loling, saying shits, spamming orders, ...

Moreover, human hosters don't host as much now as before cause people join crappy autohosts without thinking to feed the crap.

And I won't talk about fake open games status which is a f***ing nonsense.
Masure

Post by Masure »

KaiserJ wrote:- Autohosts are a democracy for nothing. It's often a mess.

have you ever come to bogans? :mrgreen: we're notoriously tight with our commands, if you want to do anything other than votemap, votekick or ring... (anything that lags or spams the host)... the gestapo will show up at your house in the middle of the night.
No I didn't AFAIK.

But this would mean that a boss is there to manage. In a human hosted game, there is always a boss and a single one.

This is my point on democracy concern in spring hosting...
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Yes, I yelled at you, in exactly the same way you were yelling at other players moments before. At least I wasn't the one combombing allies in that game...
too many autohosts?
whats WRONG with there being large numbers of battlerooms people can use if they lack hosting abilities?
It gives real people less incentive to host as all the players are already in an autohost, often with absent admins so the game isn't properly managed.
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

I read this thread through twice.

Keep up the good work. Bobbelurman needs to post more.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

TradeMark wrote:

here's how I do it:

I enter an empty autohost. You see the autohost with a player in it and join, some more people who are waiting for something to happen join. A few minutes later we play the game.

You'd be surprised :roll:
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Yeah sometimes i join autohosts, usually i try to avoid them...
BattleMonk wrote:every human hosted game i join people are flooding commands at it like "!balance ... omfg this bot is a peice of crap it dont even work"
yeah lol, 70% of people thinks im autohost when im hosting, since i dont usually watch the chat so much...

Return to “General Discussion”