Updated media page

Updated media page

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Updated media page

Post by Fnordia »

Since I've received some new artwork from Roflcopter I have created an updated version of the Media page, which can be seen here. It's not quite finished yet, but I think it is close enough that it could be useful with some feedback.

What remains that I have planned to fix is mostly support for splitting content over several pages, but right now everything fits on one page anyway.

After this is finished I guess we could start opening up for posting of new screenshots and videos as well.
smoth

Re: Updated media page

Post by smoth »

Neat!
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

looks good to me :-)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Nice but a few improvements:

Separate screenshots and videos into two sections inside their own boxes like the one at the side

I would also put a little extra box at the side with a tiny snippet linking to another wiki page with details on how to contribute more images. It should have the same header as the media page and should be short concise and full of images
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

I really suggest to change development to development/modding and then giving a menu with 3 choises, Dev, modding and Lua.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

No because modding == content development, we don't want to just confuse everybody with a long winded menu entry
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

then add another tab for that, space enough.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

I think it looks great, the site is just getting better and better :D
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I'd agree with keeping videos and screenshots separate by default.
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

Ok, I've committed the first version. Not quite sure how you think the videos and screenshots should be separated. Just having the default link be this, or create some sort of tabs? If we split the keyword boxes into two there will be duplicates, and it would be more difficult to just display all images and videos for a particular game for example. But perhaps that's not all that useful..
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Those things on the right with the text in them, yes they're boxes. Now see those things on the left? They're not inside boxes are they? Put them into boxes and hey presto, video box image box yay!

stating the obvious ftw!

Return to “General Discussion”