Replays

Replays

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Min3mat

Replays

Post by Min3mat »

Post here if you have a new replay in the public section of FU. this is a tempory measure until a replays section is in place :( :
I have 2:
0.51b1OTAN00BWHOPPING- what more can be said?
0.51b1OTAMin3matvsMrDeBrrr- I lose :( a gg vs two amateurs (he said i was better than average :D) who love swarming rushing and in general micro and having fun. I think the turning point was when i built a AirPlant instead of kbots but it was still a good game
:twisted: YOU WILL NOT STOP ME FU PPL :twisted: hehe
munch

Re: Replays

Post by munch »

Min3mat wrote:Post here if you have a new replay...
Whoa there horsey. You can record and replay spring games?? I'd assumed that the only way to record was to make an avi (since there seem to be so many posted). How do you replay (and record) spring games?

TIA

Munch
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

TIA= Thanks In Advance?
rename the test.sdf in your TASpring Directory to whatever. Test.sdf = a replay of your last game.
Select 'Spring.exe' in TASpring. Choose not to be Server. Type the name of the replay eg. Min3matvsNoiZe.sdf then watch! :D download one of mine and rate it please :) :twisted: feel free to post if you upload a new replay! :D FU ppl :P You can't stop me!!! :twisted: hehehe
*is generally power-crazed* :D
mongus

Post by mongus »

munch

FAQ

Post by munch »

D'oh! thanks guys =) I d/l your demo MM, but I don't have the map... yet =)

A couple o' things though,

1. it would be really useful to have the spring version number included in the title, incase the format changes

2. would it be possible to zip these in the future? It roughly halves the d/l size - think of us poor dialup users =)

Cheers

Munch

PS yes TIA = Thanks In Advance
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

i have 56k its what 400kB??? on mine thats ~4-5secs in my latest rep it does have BOTH version of Spring AND mod (OTA)
8)
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

If you're going to upload demos...

Map name, Spring version number, and mod used must be included in the filename!
Storm

Post by Storm »

I'd say map name should be included into comments or the name becomes so damn long...
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

yeah in the future i'm putting it in comments. Reviews would be nice! also more ppl uploading their games so i can review them! :D
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Min3mat, I have a strange feeling that your not actually on 56k judging from what you've told em about your downlaod rates and fuzzy knowledge about that particular area. My guess is you have something like 512 or 1MB ADSL
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

:shock: WOW sweet! damn i can't moan about ppl moaning about filesizes now :evil: oh well im happy :P
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

OK i now have two reviews (the OTA one better by FAR):
Jonnykc's first win!:http://www.fileuniverse.com/?page=showitem&ID=1016
Shitty ffa (MOnGvstheuhmvsFiremaN) on shitty map(Desert Dunes) with shitty mod (xta)
Sorry about language but i'm angry!!! :evil: i want decent (OTA) replays to review! PLEASE I BEESECH YOU! THE HANDFULL OF OTA PLAYERS PLEASE!!!
munch

script.txt

Post by munch »

Storm wrote:I'd say map name should be included into comments or the name becomes so damn long...
I thought that it would be good to include the script.txt file along side the replay file? I've included an example script.txt below - I think it's what get's created when you're in the battle room preparing for a game that tells the engine what to do when the game actually starts. Anyway, there is a lot of useful info in there, including what map is being used. Both of 'em could be stuck into a .zip file together, (zipping replays halves the file size roughly).

Cheers

Munch

Code: Select all

[GAME]
{
	Mapname=Small Divide.sm2;
	StartMetal=1000;
	StartEnergy=1000;
	MaxUnits=500;
	StartPosType=0;
	hostip=127.0.0.1;
	hostport=8452;
	MyPlayerNum=0;
	NumPlayers=4;
	NumTeams=3;
	NumAllyTeams=2;
	[PLAYER3]
	{
		name=NICOSOFT;
		Spectator=0;
		team=0;
	}
	[PLAYER2]
	{
		name=Agiel;
		Spectator=0;
		team=1;
	}
	[PLAYER1]
	{
		name=HUNTERKILLER;
		Spectator=0;
		team=1;
	}
	[PLAYER0]
	{
		name=Munchgreeble;
		Spectator=0;
		team=2;
	}
	[TEAM0]
	{
		TeamLeader=3;
		AllyTeam=0;
		Color=3;
		Side=Arm;
		Handicap=0;
	}
	[TEAM1]
	{
		TeamLeader=2;
		AllyTeam=1;
		Color=2;
		Side=Arm;
		Handicap=0;
	}
	[TEAM2]
	{
		TeamLeader=0;
		AllyTeam=0;
		Color=0;
		Side=Core;
		Handicap=0;
	}
	[ALLYTEAM0]
	{
		NumAllies=0;
	}
	[ALLYTEAM1]
	{
		NumAllies=0;
	}
	NumRestrictions=0;
	[RESTRICT]
	{
	}
}
mongus

Post by mongus »

min3mat why in your childish dirty opinion is that replay shitty?
Have you looked at it?

i have not seen any of your games, so i cant tell how good you or bad you do youself.

the reaplys i have uploaded are not the best thing but are fun, or interesting to watch.

and stop insulting anyone and anything that you child mind doesnt like.

you spam all this forums with barely understandable comments, insolent requests, and comments that barely fit into anything, think once at least b4 you post.

also, btw, that space is NOT YOURS, but public.
and untill you publish some decent review of a replay you should be more humble about other ppl games.

e: it was a nice game, only that, i dont think it sux.. action starts at minute 13.
Last edited by mongus on 22 Jun 2005, 04:37, edited 1 time in total.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Shitty ffa (MOnGvstheuhmvsFiremaN) on shitty map(Desert Dunes) with shitty mod (xta)
I can admit that that was a crap replay, having just spent 10 mins waiting for them to do ... anything. But you can remove the words
shitty map(Desert Dunes)
Becasue that map is not "shitty" as you put it.
It is infact just a patch of desert, which is actully very plenent looking. And has a cool metal map. Sure its a bot bland but it was not designed to be an intresting map to play on. It was made because some one said... I want a map that has dunes like these... and people said... It cant be done... and so i made one.

And I thought I got on so well with you... till that blasphoms map calling.

I bet an OTA game on there would be intresting anyway...

aGorm
Storm

Post by Storm »

Sorry about language but i'm angry!!! i want decent (OTA) replays to review! PLEASE I BEESECH YOU! THE HANDFULL OF OTA PLAYERS PLEASE!!!
Worthless point. Be encouraging, or just don't bother.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

Yeah the maps fine it just doesn't compare with your kingoftherock in any mean shape or form. that map is a god
WeaZ

Post by WeaZ »

lol Min3mat wait for this game to develop a lil... ur rushing things... I think... cause personally the last thing on my mind is to go and rename a file just to show poeple my recordings... Im very busy...
im 15...
I work with my dad about 6-8 hours a day
then I have chores
Then I have my g/f to talk to
Then I have games to play (still gotta be a kid)
Then I have friends who still wanna do stuff...
Then I have family who wanna still stay close....
Then I have girls who want me (im not tryin to be cocky)
Then I have stuff to check out and make my website...
Then I have People to help
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Wait... what?

A g/f? Lucky.... ¬_¬

LOL..

At any rate I have yet to get a replay to work. Just a black screen... :(

-Buggi
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

from now on any rep which is bigger than a 2v2 i will not review in depth...it takes too long, hell reviewing a 2v2 properly can take hours as it is!

Return to “General Discussion”