The article contains part of an interview conducted with me towards the end of 2007, as well as some detailed explanations of our approach to game design and gameplay. We were pretty lucky in that they've approached the article from a serious perspective, and looked at what we've had to say and show from an equal standing point.
Here are two quick quotes:
...PCGamer wrote:We sometimes cover things in Mod News that we secretly suspect will never see the light of day. Some ideas are just too good to be true. But Star Wars Spring, a free, decent-looking Star Wars RTS, is actually a pretty safe bet.
PCGamer wrote:The rather chirpily named Spring engine is a free framework for making RTS games, most notably the loving Total Annihilation remake Spring:TA
If you're in the UK, I strongly suggest you pick up the latest PCGamer and check out the rest of the article :)
And while I've got your attention, don't forget to:
- Check out our forums, where we post regular art previews
- Help us out if you are interested in texturing, modelling, scripting, sound-mixing or scripting (cob or lua).
- Help us [url=hhttp://forums.imperialwinter.com/index.php?topic=23.0]voice[/url] our units. All you need is a microphone!
- Keep an eye on our forums for the beta announcement
- bug me to finally post the results of the commander competition
New site at http://www.imperialwinter.com !