Give us replays!

Give us replays!

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Lupus

Give us replays!

Post by Lupus »

The first thing I wanted to do when I downloaded Spring was to watch some replay, to see how the game works. But guess what... There aren't any replays to download!...

There are like 10 replays on unknown files, but they don't work... they are for some old versions of spring, bla...

I'd upload some replays, but uploading on UnknownFiles just doesn't work... I tried, it just doesn't work (with firefox). Anyway, UnknownFiles isn't designed for storing replays. It would be great to have some provisional replay database, which would sort the replays, show their versions, length, players, maps/mods used etc...

And please give an option to define how we want to name our replays. I don't like how they are named.

And maybe, is it possible to support watching old replays? Without reinstalling the game. To keep necessary for playing old replays content of older spring versions in some subdirectories, and make old replays to run from that content. I can easily share some 200 MB of disc space for old files, but I want to watch that old replays.

Why?
I learned to play some best-rts-ever by watching replays. People like to watch replays. People want to watch replays. Noobs want to watch replays. Good players want to watch replays. Players who want to play better want to watch replays. Good players want to upload their replays. Players who played against good players want to upload that replays. IF SOMEGOBDY MADE BUZZZSASW!!!11 IN GAME IWANT TO WATCH TAHT TEPLAY1!!!111ELEVEN

So, anyway, to be serious, upload moar replays! ESPECIALLY WITH BUZZWAS!!11ONE.
hunterw

Re: Give us replays!

Post by hunterw »

we used to have an automatic replay uploader that would parse out all the teams and other interesting data from the demo file itself, but it looks like it's gone forever. pretty big shame since i'm sure it was quite a bit of work to make, and also because it worked so flawlessly.

we also used to have unknown-files working.

:|
I2:Isaacment_Day

Post by I2:Isaacment_Day »

no-one giuve him any replays
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

I2:Isaacment_Day wrote:no-one giuve him any replays
i dont think u have to worry about that thers no fucken way to do that nemore
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

Well i can provide fast web space and ftp upload if anyone want to make site for replays somwhere else (i just host files as i have no php support there)
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

I heard TradeMark is working on a new replay site.
PRO_rANDY

Post by PRO_rANDY »

picked out 8 of my favourite games from january and made a small 2mb replay pack:

http://www.yousendit.com/comments.php?a ... 181B033D32
Last edited by PRO_rANDY on 09 Feb 2008, 04:44, edited 2 times in total.
bernds

Post by bernds »

PRO_rANDY wrote:picked out 8 of my favourite games from january and made a small 2mb replay pack:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 181B033D32
The link seems broken. Can you make a tinyurl?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

How about a Learnin/Demoreplay packed into the Installer?
Lupus

Post by Lupus »

PicassoCT wrote:How about a Learnin/Demoreplay packed into the Installer?
Noooooo
A site full of replays!
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

PicassoCT wrote:How about a Learnin/Demoreplay packed into the Installer?
It's a good idea, but every new spring version breaks every old replay, so they would have to be remade every new release, which is work that I know I'm personally too lazy to do for one.
kiki

Post by kiki »

I actually made a buzzsaw once on dsd in a bertha + shield stalemate. It actually won the game, by softening those defenses so the tanks could get in. However, I had 3 fps, and only 2 when the buzzy was firing.

Sorry, that was not any help.
Day

Post by Day »

i made a BUZZSAW!!!111 with 3 mex spots on cometcatcher in 24 minutes.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

really really nice re's, thanks. You do appear to be a fucking scourge in those games, you know that right? Some of those comebacks...
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

BaNa wrote:You do appear to be a fucking scourge in those games, you know that right? Some of those comebacks...
Andy is really a noob. He just clicks lucky a lot. ;)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Andy plays a sick psych game. I remember watching a game vs ruben where ruben had a huge army of flash just outside his base that would have steamrolled him, but he accurately called that ruben would not attack immediately and built cons to spam faster instead of military forces. Which eventually allowed him the victory.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

PRO_rANDY wrote:picked out 8 of my favourite games from january and made a small 2mb replay pack:

http://www.yousendit.com/comments.php?a ... 181B033D32
Those replays are all really really nice.

Hmm, I wish we could get Maelstrom's replay site back up. It was nice being able to upload/download all the best games at one site.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Im on it. Its going to be awesome.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

hurry up with that plz

Return to “General Discussion”