Thanks to CA - Page 2

Thanks to CA

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: Thanks to CA

Post by CarRepairer »

CA has voices and your commander mech is piloted by a hot chick. Nuff said.
DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

That is the thing.
There are always things to add unless you say,ok we have a goal, we are going to reach it and have a finished product.
Than start work on version 2
With huge changes and so on.
But you cant just keep developing it endlessly without releasing some stable balanced version with some finished gameplay.
Question is:does CA team has a plan as to how exactly do they want Ca to play?for example were the latest bomber changes envisined earlier?or is that just a random addon that now needs to somehow fit into the gameplay postfactum.
If CA will continue to be a mass of cool addons stiched together it wont ever have a finished and smooth gameplay.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

well if you pay attention to the chat in #ca

CA's goal is to remove all TA IP

This is going to take a while cause a whole load of new models/textures would be needed. CA is based on TA it made it alot easier to start work on but eventually it will be loosely based on TA and will be different

in the future of CA arm and core wont exist they will be 2 different factions (of which both will resemeble either arm or core but not be identical)

also to recreate all models and textures to have TA with different looks would suck wouldnt it ?. So CA will change stuff whilst were at it units we feel have no puporse or can be scrapped from ota will be replaced there will be new factories and new units and ideas thats the direction CA is heading to not be reliant on TA IP but still be somewhat based on TA.

Laser Bombers was evil's idea based on saks concept of the new arm race relying on focused beams of energy for bombing rather than conventional bombs (which will be a core thing aswell as flamey stuff)

So overall CA is heading to be a totally different game rite now you can just say its BA with shiny fx and a different balance but in a year hopefully it will be way different heres hoping :D

the CA storyline + concept art is being worked on atm then our team of modellers/texturers will work on units based on the concept and unit ideas.

so CA isnt just gonna be another *A hopefully sooner rather than l8r :}
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

too bad CA has been sucking really really badly.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Why? Is it the loadscreens? ;)
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Machiosabre wrote:too bad CA has been sucking really really badly.
i see and you came to that conclusion how

if it has to do with its not BA your just another one of those "People" that have no reason to flame CA but just to cause your bored
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

i could give reasons, but you'd just say all the stats you pulled out of a hat are great and I'm playing it wrong, so I'd rather just say it sucks.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

if it has to do with balance (i have my whine about that to) theres some stuff i really dont like how its balanced and i got some changes that i want made im waiting on sakoth for that
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Well right now balance boss is Saktoth so we cannot change any stats. But feel free to whine about specific stuff. I do it all the time myself, but right now im not aware of any gamebreaking problem.

Its probably best to make ticket on caspring.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

CA is not closed project and it runs on consensus so its actually easy to influence the path of development. But only if you can be specific and can put some real arguments on the table.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Otherside wrote:i see and you came to that conclusion how

if it has to do with its not BA your just another one of those "People" that have no reason to flame CA but just to cause your bored
The supporters of mods that aren't BA are the main reason I don't like supporting them.
kiki

Post by kiki »

go away, you live in the past. :cry:
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

XT annihilation (XTA returns)
Thats retarded, Xta never left, just keep acting like it dosent exist plz.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

lol its a joke timeline :P of alphabet soup spanning years lol dont take it seriously i dont think anyone would have after emmanuel annihilation
Scikar

Post by Scikar »

Otherside wrote:lol its a joke timeline :P of alphabet soup spanning years lol dont take it seriously i dont think anyone would have after emmanuel annihilation
Actually I can't wait for EA:decapitor genocide autonomous warcrim edition !!!

\/ \/ Fixed.
Last edited by Scikar on 11 Jan 2008, 11:02, edited 2 times in total.
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

decapitorbot* not decapitator D:.
Boirunner
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by Boirunner »

To come back to the OP:
Scratch wrote: I like BA and just like I thought, if I want to play against the more challenging players I guess it's CA then.
I opened a 1 on 1 BA game yesterday. It filled up within seconds, and every opponent I played was very skilled. This happens every time I do that, sometimes I actually wish there were more players on my level so I could win from time to time. I can see - possibly - a problem if you only enjoy huge games, but to claim lacking competition in BA you need to be seriously good.
PRO_rANDY

Post by PRO_rANDY »

no competition in ANY mod! :p
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

andy: you need to train some then :twisted:
Boirunner
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by Boirunner »