Thanks to CA - Page 4

Thanks to CA

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: Thanks to CA

Post by smoth »

Boirunner wrote:Wouldn't you say the unit mix is kind of dependent on the map, phase of game, and what your opponent is building?
he was building these....

Advise....?
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

You build that pink unit with a shield.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Complicated wrote:Hmm I wonder how many of the BA games were against AI or two newbies going at it for the first time, or maybe, speedmetal games? Hmm... :?
games with only one player (ie player vs AI) dont count iirc.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Complicated wrote:OOh I missed that part with CC :P

Although Flash/gator spam is very exagerated. I use a mixture of units, Weasel, Leveler and Slasher and come out with impressive wins from time to time.
My Traditional Battlegroup contains 40% Leveler, 40% Slasher and 20% Weasel.
I use weasels are they are exspendable in raids on enemy bases able to give me an up-to-date bearings on units, structures and so on. Proper use of roles of each units help on this.
My levelers have a roll-through role, basically rolling towards an enemy party of units and quickly disposing them having them aim in a line, then move on to each. Slashers are generally used for anti air and also against spammable llt.

In a raid against an hlt, Out of 4 levelers, 4 slashers and 2 weasels, all I'll lose is the weasels due to mistargetting of the hlt.

I see more Stumpy and Raider spam than flash or gator spam. Simple because flash/gator spam is easily countered.

But to back my previous statement I've seen quite a few uses of kbots. Kbots are great Microing units, as they are far more manuverable and able to change direction instead of looping around like vehicles or stand still turn.

Welcome to Theory annihilation.

In ba i usually start out with arm Kbots on comet catcher and mass peewees early on, using their quicker turn and aim rate to dance around my opponents flash, while peewees also cost less and are built faster i can afford to sacrifice peewees to raids and at the same time to protect my base, which gives me a huge advantage over my enemy.

I then proceed to build rockos and peewees, using the superior range to skirmish micro the said rockos to achieve a kill ratio of 15 flash; 1 rocko

I also use warriors as defence, coupled with hammers. and fleas on patrol provide information about enemy movements.

Also when i have 50% of the map in my control i rush out a t2 kbot lab and make mavericks fidos and snipers, and a small group of zeus.

This group then pushes through the enemy main line of defence while 30 banshees assasinate the enemy commander

with this strategy i always win

Aint theorycraft fun? i could speak bullshit all day
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

smoth wrote:Advise....?
XAMELPARTY!
Gota

Post by Gota »

Sleksa you noob.
I go air first on CC.
I rapidly expand due to my air cons that travel faster and can avoid
enemy land units.
I continue to build bladwings and a land lab.My bladewings stop enemy units and my land units finish them off.I obviously take control of most of the map with my air cons and than i go t2 and build a liche or a krow and gg.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Gota wrote:A prettymuch exact description of what Det does, replacing Bladewings for Banshees
DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

I have never seen Det start air on cc.
Plus,it was a joke.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

smoth wrote:
Boirunner wrote:Wouldn't you say the unit mix is kind of dependent on the map, phase of game, and what your opponent is building?

Advise....?
Is that one of my screenshots? From the Ambush Sodomy run?
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

neddiedrow wrote:
smoth wrote:

Advise....?
Is that one of my screenshots? From the Ambush Sodomy run?
It is a papparazzi photo of smoth shortly after being dropped off by an air transport limo, entering an L.A. tattoo parlor and yelling at the cameras to fudge off because they are the reason the courts took away his baby. Expert celebrity psychoanalysts are telling us it's a combination of schizophrenia and heavy drug use.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Gota wrote:Sleksa you noob.
I go air first on CC.
I rapidly expand due to my air cons that travel faster and can avoid
enemy land units.
I continue to build bladwings and a land lab.My bladewings stop enemy units and my land units finish them off.I obviously take control of most of the map with my air cons and than i go t2 and build a liche or a krow and gg.

and thus, my invincible strat becomes crushed
kiki

Post by kiki »

details plx? kthx
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

DZHIBRISH wrote:I have never seen Det start air on cc.
Plus,it was a joke.
I know, but det practically starts air- he goes vehicles, scares you with a few flash (People get suss if they dont see you for a while, when you start air), then reclaims and goes air. Its prettymuch an air start.

Then he does the air con thing, though mostly for reclaim. Then the liche for the gg.

So even though it was a joke its pretty close to what det does.
PRO_rANDY

Post by PRO_rANDY »

air first can be done on cc ;)
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

Flash/gators, banshees/reapers.

Common on CA en CC ¬¬

Return to “General Discussion”