New video

New video

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

PRO_rANDY

New video

Post by PRO_rANDY »

I made a new video

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XNDKDWP

to dl off this site type the 3 character code in at the top of the page, then wait for the countdown to go from 45 to 0, it will then be replaced by the free download link.

Thanks to Tobi: http://buildbot.no-ip.org/~tvo/Invevita ... lation.wmv (right click, save as)

hope u like

bit jumpy in parts due to my computer not being strong enough

EDIT: I tried to upload to UF but it took ages and then timed out, would someone with a better con upload it for me? ty

EDIT 2: All my videos can be found here http://hosted.filefront.com/PROrANDY/

EDIT 3:
For those who dont like downloading you can now stream it: http://www.stage6.com/user/PRO_rANDY/vi ... nihilation
Last edited by PRO_rANDY on 30 Jan 2008, 23:43, edited 5 times in total.
LordMatt

Re: New video

Post by LordMatt »

Why not use UF?

Edit: that is by far the best spring video I ever saw.
Silencer

Post by Silencer »

did u see the last one? it had some great clips + music in, but the carpet nuking made me prefer this one :P
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Silencer wrote:did u see the last one? it had some great clips + music in, but the carpet nuking made me prefer this one :P
-_- you put that into teh vid?
I'll go and hide somewhere.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Disabling healthbars (F9), /clock, and as much GUI as possible makes for prettier movies.

Interrupting the action with panel of white on black text went out of style somewhere around 1930. Get on with the times! Though at least there was action to watch during the credits, kudos for that.

I like how you alternated between close ups and RTSy view. And how sequences were long enough to grasp what's going on, but short enough to not bore. However, try to keep that map edge out of the view. Also, make sure to not zoom out too much, video compression removes lots of details, and it's useless to see the expense of flat land around the action.

Play a pimpier mod, that ArmCom was so poly, and those nukes so anticlimaxics!
PRO_rANDY

Post by PRO_rANDY »

zwzsg wrote:Play a pimpier mod, that ArmCom was so poly, and those nukes so anticlimaxics!
lol the day I pick a mod based on looks omg shoot me
carbon

Post by carbon »

OMG you need your own tv channel! I'd watch...

Awesome video! More plz!

I liked it when you had the ShowAllCommands widget enabled. That a way we could see all your wicked micro!
PRO_Muffy

Post by PRO_Muffy »

Andy. Fantastic vid.

As for zwzsg's suggestions, tbh it's all Spring. That video wasn't about looks. It was about gameplay. And how else were you supposed to notice rANDY's comm getting down to 40 health? Tbh for me the best bit of it was the fight at the end in the credits. Icon wars, but you didnt have to see the units for it to be entertaining.

Keep them coming! :D And the vids too! :P
Last edited by PRO_Muffy on 07 Jan 2008, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

upload somewhere plx! megaupload hates me.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Tip for getting higher FPS for vids.

Record demos with spring slowed to 0.5 speed, than use your video editing software to speed up the recorded video. If your vid card could only handle 20 FPS in spring, it effectively gives you a video FPS of 40, which is quite tolerable.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Silencer wrote:did u see the last one? it had some great clips + music in, but the carpet nuking made me prefer this one :P
No is it hosted somewhere?
PRO_rANDY

Post by PRO_rANDY »

LordMatt wrote:
No is it hosted somewhere?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11680&p=214359&hilit=video#p214359
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

thanks Tobi.

cool movie, but could use some hints what to look at, since there were quite many things happening at once in some places.
smoth

Post by smoth »

it started really good, but got really long, towards the end I was bored. In the future, make it shorter, that was too long.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Smoth tells lies. Moar Plx!

I enjoyed this movie alot. The icon wars was cool because it looked like the right side was loosing until they had some air, and then that attack on the left guy's base from the north totally killed him. Wow, that nuking was really embarassing for the other folks.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Oh I guess I did see the previous one already. ;)
kiki

Post by kiki »

oh ya, me too. Are flash tanks really that good or did the other guys not know how to use core? Because it appeared that the other guy had almost done nothing, while you made 50-100 flashes.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Awesome movie, this is what BA is about ~~
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Maybe it could be put on some youtube sites to promote spring.

Return to “General Discussion”