Expansion of the spring site.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Should the SY's do as I propose?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 17

[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

All these side projects have no decent places to collect and organise there works, and then someone mentioned infrastructure and I instantly thought about what PA and TAU do with subdomains.

Might be an idea for you SY's to hire out subdomains to certain individuals or groups to organise those side projects.

For example...

http://modelremake.clan-sy.com
http://tasmec.clan-sy.com

etc etc.
Ace07

Post by Ace07 »

linuxport.clan-sy.com

8)

It has a nice ring to it. Either way, I doubt we really care. Our wiki is our centralized information server. The most I could ask is that they link to it somewhere on this site.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I think it would be nice if the SY's could facilitate a bit more interaction between groups, or 3rd parties. For example, you'd expect there to be news posts on Gnome's AI or the new maps, but only people who visit the forums would know about them...
But really, it isn't up to them; I'd rather they spend their time working on Spring itself...
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

What's sad is that of all the works like Benito's texture cleaner, the varied more detailed units, new maps, evOTA, never were implemented in Spring official release. They do know about all these, they just seem to entirely disregard.

Having all side projects hidden away on subsites doesn't sound to me like the best way.
zero0ne

Post by zero0ne »

what i would propose is something along the lines of this structure:

a general name like spring.com

then at spring.com you have combined news from all the other subdomains, such as ai.spring.com and modeldesign.spring.com...

so when the coders/etc decide to post a news update on ai.spring.com it will ALSO be posted on the main site at http://www.spring.com

so you go to http://www.spring.com and can see the news posts from all the other sites there too :)

also then this can be taken a step farther and you can have a centralized forum at forum.spring.com with different sections for each subdomain(aka project)
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Except some IT recruiting company is squatting on the domain... curse them...
Ace07

Post by Ace07 »

SinbadEV wrote:Except some IT recruiting company is squatting on the domain... curse them...
What about spring.org? We are an organization more or less. We don't do this for commercial gains. (get it, hoho)
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

Still something along the lines of what zero0ne is sugesting is a good idea I think.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

.org is taken by a cybersquatting/email service group...
.info is still available...
.net seems to be some guys blog... or something else equally poopy...
.se is something relatively pretty but it's swedish and I don't speak swedish... I think it's a restaurant.
.int would be good because it's a international project... but I'm not sure that's what int means anyways
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

spring.info is inactive but taken by a "Fin Lemonde" from the US.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

why not take taspring.x
or ta-spring.x
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Its better not to have TA in it, just incase.

Return to “General Discussion”