Complete annihilations terrain raising is great...

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

You are a genius.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

working as intended..
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

ic ant see shit
manored

Post by manored »

Problem of such terrain modification power is that since you couldnt chop down the pillar due to engine limitations you would have to bring it all down to get the unit atop it...
quantum

Post by quantum »

It takes much, much less time to restore than to terraform in CA. Undefended terraformation can keep you untouchable for a very brief time.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Good use of Terraform. Its a very useful feature isnt it?
manored

Post by manored »

Yeah... Altored mountains are too high for your BB to shot over? Make our own mountain and let the shots fly! :)
overkill

Post by overkill »

Actualyy that happened one game, but the guy took down the mountain :lol: .
manored

Re: Complete annihilations terrain raising is great...

Post by manored »

If things keep like this nukes will become a essential part of ever game, since they are the only units with trully insuperable attack angle... :)
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

If things keep like this nukes will become a essential part of ever game, since they are the only units with trully insuperable attack angle... :)
Nope, you can build a wall to block nukes. Try it. The wall needs to be fairly close to your base, diagonally between you and the launcher, and it's required height depends on how far the nuke launcher is. :) On a map with high terrain hardness, this even works for a long time.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Of course with such a wall you're not going to get OUT either. Your opponent will just have to level the wall with his own cons after blasting everything outside of the wall.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

KDR_11k wrote:Of course with such a wall you're not going to get OUT either. Your opponent will just have to level the wall with his own cons after blasting everything outside of the wall.
nah, it doesnt need to be complete. If you scout the nuke, it can just be a line.
manored

Post by manored »

BaNa wrote:
KDR_11k wrote:Of course with such a wall you're not going to get OUT either. Your opponent will just have to level the wall with his own cons after blasting everything outside of the wall.
nah, it doesnt need to be complete. If you scout the nuke, it can just be a line.
I think that if the enemy saw a hypermassive pilar in front of your base he would aim a little to the left or right... :)

And its true that even nukes can be blocked by walls but it would require such a insane amount of work that I think that anything else would be more worthwhile...
clumsy_culhane

Post by clumsy_culhane »

lol its not much work, just draw out where u want the wall with a couple of lvl1 aircons, then set on repeat,
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

You can actually block planes with a wall. Yes, im serious. You can build a wall so high they cant fly over it (gunships can, though).

Its not hard to knock down a terraform wall with restore terrain though. He might not be able to shoot over it, but nor can you. Yes, you can block berthas and nukes using terraform walls- but you can do it with antinukes and shields anyway.

I suspect we'll add a slightly higher cost to terraforming (something closer to DT costs) in the future. But right now, i think its good to encourage rampant exploitation of this awesome feature. It adds so many new tactical options
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I like making wall or ditches with the mound terraforming so I can use my kbots but they can't use their tanks. It's also really good at hiding t2 econ from berthas. Also for hiding the new CA guardians.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Yes, I am a kbot user in a vehicle world, and it works pretty well most of the time.
manored

Post by manored »

Saktoth wrote:He might not be able to shoot over it, but nor can you.
You can if you make your arti attop the wall... :) Tough some arti would be unable to shot anything but very far away stuff from the wall due to angle limitations (guardians, toasters and tremors wouldnt have that problem tough)
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Google_Frog wrote:I like making wall or ditches with the mound terraforming so I can use my kbots but they can't use their tanks. It's also really good at hiding t2 econ from berthas. Also for hiding the new CA guardians.
Mounds and ditches have been removed, you only have the straight up-and-down blocks, now. But kbots can cross them anyway.

Return to “General Discussion”