Complete Annihilation Campaign Thread - Page 2

Complete Annihilation Campaign Thread

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Complicated

Re: Complete Annihilation Campaign Thread

Post by Complicated »

RavingManiac wrote:
Complicated wrote: Core

After the Catastrophy suffered at the hands of the Arm Rebellion. The Core Regrouped and back to Core Prime's Nearest Planet. The Planet a Terribally De-terrained and volitile waters. Using a small team with several Revival bots they began to rebuild the Empire and started Searching for the Abandoned Factory where a Prototype Mark II Commander Laid.
I suggest this:
Before Arm forces had launched their invasion on Core Prime, a new prototype commander was being built within a massive gantry buried within the side of a dormant volcano. At first, the Core had intended the prototype to be the first of a new generation of commanders that would supplant the current, fitted with more advanced technology and weapons. However, as the Arm assaulted the planet and defeat became imminent, it became the last remaining hope for the Core and all that it stood for. Thus the then partially operational prototype was hastily fitted with weapons and a nanolathe and, moments before the gantry was overrun by the Arm, launched abroad a shuttle into the depths of space.
Or that.

Cabbage, I have your first big duty for CA:Campaign :]

How about a trailer?

The trailer must have a custom clip of the battle for the Core beacon, you can impliment a Beacon Model into CA for this. A nice battle on a white tundra with the CORE Commander exploding.. at the end of the first act, have a transport with an outlaw flying off in an valkerie towards the horizon with the ARM Commander watching..

Then have possible clips of the Campaign such as epic battles, task forces, small units teams moving through mountains etc..

:]

I suggest either Requim of a dream (modern one by LOTR) or Immediate - Serenata (choir one) or if you find one that may suit it. Up to you.

The King Out...
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

You know we are (eventually) going to totally re-write the fiction to be cavedog-IP free, when we re-do the units, right?

Good. Just letting you know.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

Yeah and? Who says it can't relate? ;]

EG, Star trek mods contain their own ships and don't get penalized for them. ^^ even if it's an offshoot of the real game. :]
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Complicated wrote:Yeah and? Who says it can't relate? ;]

EG, Star trek mods contain their own ships and don't get penalized for them. ^^ even if it's an offshoot of the real game. :]
wtf has that got to do with the fact that CA's eventual goal is to move to a completely different unitset with a completely different back story. the post-core contingincy video wont make sense in the context of CA at all. it would be like showing the intro to a Need For Speed game as the start movie.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

You noobs have to get over the different mods before you can create this video. I'm getting sick of hearing 'but it should be based on CA for this reason' or the same for any other mod, you guys are losing the big picture here, honestly no one gives a flying ass about which mods used so long as the video kicks ass.

You gotta think from Joe Blows perspective here, the guy who watches it on YouTube and says to himself 'wow, that game looks kickass, i'm checking out that website.'

pick the most badass units out of each mod and put them in the video. I recently watched War Of The Worlds and am reminded why Spielberg is a renown director:

- His scenes are shocking and make the viewer afraid
- They do this by creating such a horrifying scene that you cannot help but wonder what kind of evil has come upon the earth.
- They are not liberally thrown around. They come by surprise and throw the viewer for a whirl.

Just look at 300, it was all about the unspoken words and scenes that made the movie.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

My practical opinion is that we should have at least two videos submitted and vote on the better one.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

uhhmm... the video is for the CA Campaign... so it would make sense for it to feature CA units...

Return to “General Discussion”