A reason for rage quit - Page 4

A reason for rage quit

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

det

Post by det »

KDR_11k wrote:OTA nuke bombers took three shots for a com (or a krog or a fusion... special damages are fun).
OTA had nuke bombers? Do you mean UH? BA nuke bombers take 2 shots, but if you aim just in front of the commander the impulse will finish him off.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

They weren't in vanilla OTA but they were available as downloadable units (yes, plural, there used to be a Core version) of course. I downloaded them back in the day, the Liche was really nasty mostly because of its cloaking. The missiles were set to interceptable, I guess that made them great for emptying enemy antinukes.
manored

Post by manored »

hrmph wrote:
the-middleman wrote: Orakios masterplan to hold the frontline with no mexes, 2 LLTs and 80 DTs
http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben ... 393535.jpg
rofl.... just.... rofl...
Arti :)
kiki

Post by kiki »

nuke bomber = strategic bomber right? Core has one in BA iirc
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Isn't strat bomber just the T2 bomber from OTA? The Core nuke bomber was stealthy and dropped a missile with huge AOE.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

No, the Nuke Bomber does not Equal the Strat Bomber.
kiki

Post by kiki »

That needs to be fixed :(
manored

Post by manored »

The "strategic" from the arm bomber doesnt really means anything special, he is just like the core bomber...
kiki

Post by kiki »

I sense a discrepency here.

Okay, if a strategic missile is a nuke, and a strategic bomb is a nuke, then what in the world could a strategic bomber possibly refer to? Some game devs must of screwed up. Especially if a nuke plane is for arm and not core. (That last bit was imo spam)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Let me break it down for you - these are rough estimates of power per plane, from lowest to highest.
T1 Bomber
Seaplane Bomber
T2 Arm Bomber
T2 Core Bomber
Liche

However, in terms of power for cost, lowest power to highest...
Liche
T1 Bomber
T2 Core Bomber
T2 Arm Bomber
Seaplane Bomber
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Seaplanes were rebalanced.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

They're still quite powerful, and while they may have slipped a step down, they're still up there.
kiki

Post by kiki »

thanks alot :)
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

lbctech wrote:I sense a discrepency here.

Okay, if a strategic missile is a nuke, and a strategic bomb is a nuke, then what in the world could a strategic bomber possibly refer to? Some game devs must of screwed up. Especially if a nuke plane is for arm and not core. (That last bit was imo spam)
So a strategy is a huge mushroom cloud? Sorry but strategic refers to the range and power (i.e. scale). The B2 is a strategic bomber but it usually doesn't carry nuclear payload.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Precisely. What is your point :lol:
manored

Post by manored »

Ba unit descriptions arent always accurate... :)

Example: Levelers are anti-swarm units, but are described as "riot tank". Why not make it simpler and call it "anti-swarm tank"? The term riot is not used anywhere else in the mod as far as I know so it doesnt really helps you understanding what the unit does...
Orakio

Re: A reason for rage quit

Post by Orakio »

Not to sure how this has morphed into a conversation about the names/roles or units, perhaps the forum has LUA. Anyway I've noticed that my DT seems to be a subject of some amusement. At the time I can't really say I was paying that much attention :)

So I thought I might make a compilation of some of the amusing/interesting things that people have done. If anyone wants to send me some replays, send to replays.spring.nospam@orakio.net

Also anyone got any idea of an easy way to fix a replay? There's a really good one I have of someone's com getting killed by weasals but someone desynced. I can't be bothered to run through the code so if anyone knows how to fix that would be good. I would guess that if I hex edit it, it would probably have some command for number of frames/commands or whatever and then each command, if I just set that number to lower if it exists or something similar would that work given that the error probably isn't at the beginning? Would the file need to be truncated still?

On other thing, I need some help making a musical track for spring, can anyone help?

Thanks.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Orakio wrote:Anyway I've noticed that my DT seems to be a subject of some amusement. At the time I can't really say I was paying that much attention :)
How does not paying attention lead to 3 lines of DTs??? Did you not notice how you moved your mouse or what?
manored

Post by manored »

I think that "not paying much attention" means "semi-conscient"... :)
Orakio

Post by Orakio »

Well yeh I just sort of slapped the wall out without much thought although I did have the general idea of making it a pain for the enemy to send a con to reclaim. also makes a good psychological barrier. I don't think I spent more than 2 seconds on it. I almost forgot about it until I had the chance to check on my com. Then because the enemy also expanded and I spotted the undefended enemy vcs I went to dgun but because of the two issues of having to take my vehicle con of building power and assisting plant to making mexes even though everyones metal bars were full or filling up, also I fps dgun I couldn't shoot accurately with the new effects that I'm not used to and my e ran out which was just really annoying. That with the bad start of my com's build orders suddenly disappearing you can imagine the ridiculous cascade of bad luck.

Return to “General Discussion”