Free, licenseless mods? - Page 4

Free, licenseless mods?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Gah, I usually work alone or with a few people donating some of their work in the Project, only Maestro has been a permanent co-leader of my project WD so far, I really don't like having my own imagination restricted by someone else's view and i'm sure it swings the other way as well.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

NOiZE wrote:A while ago i mailed M3G if i could port TLL and he said he was okay with it so i ported it...
Could you e-mail him "again" (since you already had contact with him) and ask him for something like releasing it under GPL explaining the objective of having a free from copyrights mod in Spring?

Once, zw said that there wasn't dozens of third party unit but, instead, thousands. I guess there are probably more than enough good original units to create one or more races.
I wonder how hard it would be to create a mod from a compilation of a bunch of those units. I can see it as beeing hard searching for them (is there any central place where most of them are?), trying to figure out who owned each unit and asking them to GPL it or something.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

http://www.unituniverse.com has quite a lot units
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

NOiZE wrote:www.unituniverse.com has quite a lot units
That site is really cool and has loads of ... everything. Really cool races could be made entirely out of there.

However, i don't find any info on the site saying that all art is GPL or something nor do i see any way to contact the authors...

Return to “General Discussion”