Immaturity and attacks on games (ruining games)

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Otherside

Post by Otherside »

In the past 3-4 days i know this is a problem in many an rts or online gaming as a whole but ive never had the problem in spring its pretty much a form of rage quitting

Every1 who does it seems to be under 16 they join games (mainly CA) and intentionally ruin games com nap allies write crap with terraform just to ruin the game with no reasoning whats so ever except CA sucks and you ask them why and they say cos its not BA

this is very bad reasoning and you can tell its coming from immature kids the thing is its putting people off spring as a whole i know its hard to control but 3-4 games have been ruined in the past 2 days with people leaving because these people persist on being idiots and it gives a bad image of the community

i think these are ban worthy offenses (i know im not a mod) but people just ruining games for no reason is stupid if you dont like a mod dont play it, its that simple dont just join games and ruin it

Flopflop did it and all of the TS clan just ruined a game after spamming up another game

its stupid and ruining the community and its hard to ban from all hosts.. seeing as smurfing is easy

/end rant

Idiots ruining games ftl
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Hmmmm.

Well, all people are immature when they start life. Some people just never get rid of it.
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

Some people leaves the life exactly as they arrive, crying and kicking :lol: :lol: :lol:
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

I was in that game, a 5v5 on Tabula (sorry about having to leave, by the way). I was on the other team from Flop. After watching the replay, it appears he tried to terraform "CA IS GAY". Then the demo crashed. By the 7-minute mark or so, one person on my team (BunnyEars) had been AFK the whole game up to that point, another had randomly self-ded and quit (blobber), almost killing my comm in the process, and we had lost a comm to Flash. I wanted a re, but the other people refused, so the game continued. After that, two people on the other team and [LCC]KingRaptor dropped or left, I don't know which. Finally, I had to leave due to other commitments. Also, Ruben desynced.

Did that game ever finish, by the way? Who won (not that it really matters, but I'm curious)?
Last edited by Evil4Zerggin on 28 Nov 2007, 01:08, edited 2 times in total.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

You should try playing some 4v4 random team ladder in wc3 where 2 of the 8 players are usually teamkillers, and 1-2 will altqq as soon as the game starts.
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

Why do you think I don't play WC3 any more, with its median game length of about 10 seconds (40 if you count the time it takes for the inevitable lagger to drop out)?
MightySheep

Post by MightySheep »

another had randomly self-ded and quit (blobber)

That was me :P
smoth

Post by smoth »

Smurfing should be stopped. I almost wish the user's accounts were linked to the forum account. At least that would make smurfing a bit more tedious.

I don't know, I hate smurfing and think it is not cool.
lurker

Re: Immaturity and attacks on games (ruining games)

Post by lurker »

Otherside wrote:all of the TS clan just ruined a game after spamming up another game
There is no TS clan, and I can't see most of the people with the [TS] tag doing that... how many is 'all'?
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

mmm 5-6 most of the people with the tag seem to be immature it seems to be easy to stereotype them since most of them are the ones causing problems with there spam and raging
MightySheep

Post by MightySheep »

lurker wrote:
Otherside wrote:all of the TS clan just ruined a game after spamming up another game
There is no TS clan, and I can't see most of the people with the [TS] tag doing that... how many is 'all'?
omg are you joking everyone in TS is so stupid. sefidel, farleshadow aka. lollocide, orakio, iamacup, lordspawn all love to ruin games and combomb and things like that. they are complete idiots and when you join teamspeak they keep switching your channel round back and forth so that you get that annoying voice saying "you have switched channel".
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Otherside wrote:rabble rabble rabble
Periods, motherfucker! Do you use them?
nemppu

Post by nemppu »

Otherside wrote:..no reasoning whats so ever except CA sucks and you ask them why and they say cos its not BA..
I think it's a valid reason =D
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

They can still swarm the lobby. They mess with CA, and where would they go if not for alphabet soup? They would interfere with everything else hosted.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

It is up to you to exclude undesirable elements from your games. I am sympathetic to your plight, and know those responsible, but it is not within the jurisdiction of lobby or forum moderation to limit ingame expression.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Does ingame expression cover teamkilling in addition to writing 'CA IS GAY'?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Honestly, I'm not sure. I want to prevent these sorts of issues, but it is not within my jurisdiction.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Just play speedball, games ends so fast that you stop caring how they ends :-)
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

*tosses some rotten meat at nemppu*

not suposed to feed trolls but if u die from food poisoning the world will be a better place :D

but meh the smurfing thing is the real problem why its hard to stop people doing this
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Otherside wrote:*tosses some rotten meat at nemppu*

not suposed to feed trolls but if u die from food poisoning the world will be a better place :D

but meh the smurfing thing is the real problem why its hard to stop people doing this
Nothing wrong with smurfing, there's lots of reasons to have duplicate accounts from the same IP without having malicious intent.

Return to “General Discussion”