Immaturity and attacks on games (ruining games) - Page 4

Immaturity and attacks on games (ruining games)

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

kiki

Post by kiki »

I cant remember who it was, but I think it was imacup who was in a game, but ruined it by not doing anything but dgunning in circles and not building anything.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Wait a moment... using an allied commander against the enemy is now an offense to the team?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

The solution seems obvious. Comm-nap and terraform-write BEFORE THEM!
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

neddiedrow wrote:Wait a moment... using an allied commander against the enemy is now an offense to the team?
If that ally didn't want his commander taken, yes.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

neddiedrow wrote:Wait a moment... using an allied commander against the enemy is now an offense to the team?
metal for the enemy ;)
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

Ummm... yes? I'll ask for transport if I wan't to suicide my comm okthx.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

You do realize that sometimes that is the most damage a player ever does?

I don't do it myself, but I have to play Devil's Advocate on this one. Too delicious to pass up.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

drolito wrote:
Complicated wrote:I second magus. He did the same in my most recent game.
I left it because some other noob called "djmasakra" started beside me in a 3v3 on tropic on the left flank.
djmasakra fuck a game last day : he doesn't succes to push the ready button :D
Yeah he started next to me and tried to dgun, my com dodged and dguned back :/

And yes Neddie, it is impolite. Using someone else's com for your own use without permission is called "Stealing"
Neddie, how'd you feel if someone's com went and captured all your mexes? Wouldn't like that now would you? Not very nice is it? Touch├â┬®
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Hey, if they want to lose, they can do that. I'm not obsessed with victory.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

"They" and "Teamcomnapper" are completely different "people"
benthemeek

coming in late...

Post by benthemeek »

I am coming in late on this discussion but I wanted to ask all "pros":) to not kick a [TS] on sight just because two or maybe three of them have been ruining games. I appreciate complicated speaking out on our behalf. I and three of my friends(Kr0n0s, Jeistd, and Krezerj) play fairly often and I don't think you will find any of us screwing around in games. We are all 24 and up IT-Professionals. The only reason why we even have the tag is just so the lobby will auto balance us to the correct teams. So hopefully the losers who screwed up your game get sorted out, but don't take it out on the rest of us please...
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Complicated wrote:Using someone else's com for your own use without permission is called "Stealing"
Indeed, better to .kick and .take if they're noob or explain the situation if they're pro.
[XIII]Roxas

Post by [XIII]Roxas »

Com-napping your allies is only to be done with their explicit consent. Failing that, all you do is sow discord and confusion. Comnapping your enemy is a completely acceptable move.

Or, that's my doctrine.

Smurfs are difficult to detect, yes.
Sefidel2

Your all idiots

Post by Sefidel2 »

I thought i would throw some comments in here, since everyone who SHOULDNT have an opinion has.

1) if you get comnapped, either by your ally or your enemy it is 100% your fault. No bullshit, its all your bad. Deal with it, and watch your boy. Anyone decent has their eyes on the boy the whole time. You should have moved or payed attention

2) Targeting the TS group in particular is retarded. Your all just bitching about stupid issues, because FOR THE LAST TIME, WE ARE NOT A CLAN. We just use it for autobalance. Anyone can be a TS and i havnt even ever talked to half of them. Holding a grudge against us as a group is just stereotying us.

3)As my point above is that TS can be added by ANYONE, and is used by even players that never come on, you cannot hold us responsible for anyones actions. But i will tell you this, if Shadow and Spawn ruined your game then
A) stop crying about it you twit
B) it was for the lols.
C) get over it.

4) There is not a single spring player who hasnt comnapped an ally, dgunned an ally, combombed, or ruined a game. Ive ruined 3 today, for the lols. Its a game, so grow up and move on. If you know that a player does sketchy things, then dont let him play. As a host or a player the responsibility is on you.

5)Just because you dont have microphones, dont be haters.

6) For the Record:
A) Complicated is no longer a TS because of arguments he had with other admins. So his opinion is slightly unreliable
B) MIGHTYSHEEP is really TS Baladin, no matter what he says, and he has also been kicked from TS for causeing problems. Your culprit is most likely mighysheep.
C) We have also been smurfed on numerous occassions by manyplayers.

7) Posting stupid ally chat dosnt help. Every allychat makes everyone look like a dumbass. so Stfu and get over it.

In conclusion, to those complaining, i didnt realize you had experimental surgery to have your balls removed. My Bad.

Sefidel

PS: STFU.
lurker

Post by lurker »

epic troll is epic.
I'm not going to address all the really bad points, but I do have a rebuttal to this one: "if you get comnapped, either by your ally or your enemy it is 100% your fault. No bullshit, its all your bad. Deal with it, and watch your boy. Anyone decent has their eyes on the boy the whole time. You should have moved or payed attention "
Yeah, sorry, If I have my boy radar jammed, cloaked, under a plasma deflector, and surrounded by piles of anti-air near the core of my base, there is no reason for me to constantly watch him so that he can dodge friendly planes.
DemO

Post by DemO »

I suppose none of you have realised that if an ally tries to nap your com you have to RUN YOUR BOY CONSTANTLY FOR THE REST OF THE GAME to avoid being napped, since he won't shoot down a friendly atlas it will continue to chase him indefinitely...
drolito

Post by drolito »

DemO wrote:I suppose none of you have realised that if an ally tries to nap your com you have to RUN YOUR BOY CONSTANTLY FOR THE REST OF THE GAME to avoid being napped, since he won't shoot down a friendly atlas it will continue to chase him indefinitely...
No ... the last time one guy decided to do that i have put an army in his base and give to ennemy and after i have give an AA to ennemy for destroy the valkyrie and capture the AA after ...
But the game was fucked and we have replayed one ... :'(
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Running away from enemies is feasible, AA will take them down. Running from allies is neither feasible nor acceptable. They're supposed to fight WITH you, not take what might be your most important unit or a significant part of your attention. Team games are about teamwork, the team is supposed to be working TOGETHER. Someone who fights his own team is a failure and should relegate himself to games without any teams.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

KDR_11k wrote:Running away from enemies is feasible, AA will take them down. Running from allies is neither feasible nor acceptable. They're supposed to fight WITH you, not take what might be your most important unit or a significant part of your attention. Team games are about teamwork, the team is supposed to be working TOGETHER. Someone who fights his own team is a failure and should relegate himself to games without any teams.
+1 You shouldn't have to watch your com if he is somewhere in your back base assisting a lab with sufficient AA around him.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Sefidel, I'll just say that if more people played purely "for the lols", there wouldn't be a game to play.

Return to “General Discussion”