complaint - Page 2

complaint

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Unfortunality such ID functionality can easily be hacked around in an opensource program.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

jcnossen wrote:Unfortunality such ID functionality can easily be hacked around in an opensource program.
However, compiled with IP tracking it would make it a huge hassle to do so for all but the most dedicated. It's impossible to make it remotely invincible, but it is possible to make it alot more robust than it is currently.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

This sort of complicated ban enforcement is exactly where development effort should not go. It's a waste of effort and a solution in search of a problem, at least for this community.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

This from someone who hasn't had to deal with banning idiots who figured out they can just reset modem...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Or from someone who regularly gets banned...
heze

Post by heze »

What we really need is a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_of_trust style player fame system, so if I trust what MyFriend says about 3rdPlayer, my lobby client would show it (and automagically ban the player from games I hosted).

Then I can host a game that'll only let ppl in that are deemed "OK" but like max 3-4 steps from my own ratings.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

A fully enforced web of trust setup like you're talking about is WAAAAAAAY overkill. Besides, spring's shit isn't really distributed in terms of teh lobby.

and of course spring is not an important enough game that i really *care* about whether o not i am trusted, and to what degree, and it doesn't handle identity management at all. I can still spawn a bajillion different accounts, have thme trust each other, then have them trust my main account, and then beat the dilemma you've put me in.

Also you don't address the fact that there needs to be a point of entry into the trust system, so that new people can join games, otherwise newbies will have to go through the most bizarre setup procedure ever (here's list of random emails of trusted people in the spring community; be nice to them).

for the purposes of spring, a dsitributed trust system is just a bad idea. and a stupid one.

<did you read the git topic and misunderstand it?> :P
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

i think i said this before but why not insert a lobby command like ban that, for example, causes important .dll files spring needs to run delete or break themselves? if someone avoids ban gg spring
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

That doesn't really work in an open source context...
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:i think i said this before but why not insert a lobby command like ban that, for example, causes important .dll files spring needs to run delete or break themselves? if someone avoids ban gg spring
LOL, make spring a virus!
Hul

Post by Hul »

FFS swiftspear banned me again. he bans me for everything. no reason it just says [20:56:05] Login failed: You are banned from this server! (Reason: [not given]). Please contact server administrator. but im sure it was cos i said i would rape tsuyosa for annoying me but after i said only joking. its unfair cus someone else said something about grabbing women by the hair and raping them and he dint get banned. i hate swiftspear why did he ban me for a joke?! i dunno why i even play this stupid game i just spent all day trying to get in to a match with we always had to restart cos of sync errors and all that. spring is just a bad game. mods shouild just give up with it supcom alreayd pwns it and its just made of phail/
tombom

Post by tombom »

[20:47:13] <Ares[WARGOD]> woman these days *sigh* they need a good whipping and beating
[20:47:21] * Arsene has joined #main
[20:47:21] <[NECRO]Tsuyosa> su>_>
[20:47:28] <[BF][FNK]Michilus_> We're living in another world, people
[20:47:29] <PRO_BasiC> take it a step further?
[20:47:34] * [tN]blub has joined #main
[20:47:40] <[BF][FNK]Michilus_> the post-Pavarotti era
[20:47:48] * chlue has left #main (Quit: timeout)
[20:47:49] * MSNSN has joined #main
[20:47:56] <KDR_11k> The post-lunch era
[20:48:07] <[BF][FNK]Michilus_> we've lost a major gravity well
[20:48:11] <PRO_BasiC> we need to go back to "pulling a woman by the hair and dragging her to have sex" days
[20:48:20] <[BF][FNK]Michilus_> disaster ensues
[20:48:26] <Ares[WARGOD]> !kick [NECRO]Tsuyosa
[20:48:27] <ChanServ> Ares[WARGOD]: Channel #main is not registered!
[20:48:30] <Ares[WARGOD]> hmm
[20:48:36] <[NECRO]Tsuyosa> guess you are no mod either
[20:48:37] <Ares[WARGOD]> loil
[20:48:39] <[NECRO]Tsuyosa> take your pills
[20:48:41] <[NECRO]Tsuyosa> go to bed
[20:48:42] <[NECRO]Tsuyosa> and rest
[20:48:43] <KDR_11k> !kick is for channel ops
[20:48:44] <ChanServ> KDR_11k: Channel #main is not registered!
[20:48:45] * bever has left #main (Quit)
[20:49:01] <Ares[WARGOD]> [20:48:10] <PRO_BasiC> we need to go back to "pulling a woman by the hair and dragging her to have sex" days
[20:49:01] * aliengroups has left #main (Quit)
[20:49:09] <Ares[WARGOD]> why cant these days be more like that
[20:49:32] * Mumulle has joined #main
[20:49:41] <Ares[WARGOD]> tsuyosa annoys me and id be round her house in a second raping her
[20:49:54] <Ares[WARGOD]> only joking id never do that its disgusting
[20:50:06] <Ares[WARGOD]> i mean whod want to rape her
[20:50:21] * tmkii has joined #main
[20:50:44] <KDR_11k> Just give those guys the two day mute they want
[20:50:50] * Refresh has joined #main
[20:51:05] <Ares[WARGOD]> i had a month mute once
[20:51:12] <Malik_el_awesome> thats right
[20:51:16] * [DonD]Gollux has left #main (Quit)
[20:51:17] * ReSiDeNt_BeAvIs has joined #main
[20:51:19] <Malik_el_awesome> they laugh at 2 days
[20:51:21] <Ares[WARGOD]> all you gotta do is nag and nag and nag they cancel it
[20:51:28] <Malik_el_awesome> mute them forever!
[20:51:28] <[MASQOT]zaitsev46> oomg
[20:51:32] * [CRC]Daedalus has joined #main
[20:51:46] * The_Master_tbc has joined #main
[20:51:55] <The_Master_tbc> hi
[20:51:56] * Channel message: <[WarC]SwiftSpear> has kicked <Ares[WARGOD]> from server (reason: banned for being sexist)

chatlogs itt
Hul

Post by Hul »

why do you have to go and ruin it, i was heading straight for an unbanning then. thank alot! :evil:
Hul

Post by Hul »

i think most of the mods in this game dont acctually know anything about being a mod they just do what people tell them
if he hadnt said that i wouldnt have been banned and how come he only banned me its so unfair
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

you shouldve make a crack about swiftspear having pms as a defense, to fit with your other jokes.
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

Hul wrote:i think most of the mods in this game dont acctually know anything about being a mod they just do what people tell them
if he hadnt said that i wouldnt have been banned and how come he only banned me its so unfair
Just when I think, "Surely this person has reached and encapsulates the limits of Internet tedium" you go and push the boundary even further. Your post is an orgy of stultifying cacophonous verbal depravity; an exercise in literary impotence, and an offense to all of good taste and decency.

You would be out of your depth in a parking lot puddle. Wouldn't clues have more room to fit in your head if you got rid of some of the gobbledygook in there? Have you ever noticed that whenever you sit behind a keyboard, some idiot starts typing? To quote Martin Luther King, Jr.: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

You are about as entertaining as watching grass grow in a windowbox. What do you do for a living? You are living, aren't you? If you called the Suicide Hotline, they'd say: "Go ahead. Do it!" Maybe you wouldn't be such a Jerk-In-The-Box if you weren't so dumb that even blondes tell jokes about you; if your weren't so fat that when God said "Let there be Light", he told you to move your fat ass out of the way, or if you didn't have a face that people shove in dough to make monster cookies. No, come to think of it, you would.

In conclusion, thank you. We were all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view. Now get the hell out of here!
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

Rofl Fox summed it so well

Seriously, stop making fool of yourself and shut up.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Fox... dude... I appreciate the thought, but no flaming...

Anyways this thread has lived it's lifetime. Enjoy your ban hul.

Return to “General Discussion”