Ctrl + v to select aircrafts?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Hi, in new...
Anyway, im an orginale ta player (a bad one, anyway) so im pretty use to the key short cuts from there. Is there anyway to change the Ctrl +v to select all the aircrafts? if not, it there a way to disable the '' vidieo recording something something thingie when i press ctrl + v? ty... :-)
ILMTitan
Spring Developer

Post by ILMTitan »

I just tested out the selection key editor for spring to try to resolve this. It seems that if you create a new selection key to ctl-v, it will over ride the video shortcut. If you don't have a shortcut to the selectionKeyEditor in your start menu, is should be SelectionEditor.exe in your TASpring directory. Overall, the interface for it is intuitive.
Frog

Post by Frog »

In the uikeys.txt file I simply removed the line:
bind 'v' video
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Selecting all combat aircraft in TA is ctrl+p, isn't it?
ILMTitan
Spring Developer

Post by ILMTitan »

One thing I have noticed is that when one creates a new hotkey to select a group of units, shift selecting with that hotkey does nothing. One must manually create a new hotkey and include shift and set keep current selection. Not that this is bad, but we should be aware of it.
mongus

Post by mongus »

I usually press that f&*%$## "v" key when im playing, and due my pc is a bit slow (athlon xp1700+, 256 ram), it allways freezes the game like 5 secs..
I have never dropped any client when hosting because of this, but i always fear to...

and always forget to disable it.

Just read this post and remember to do so.

//bind 'v' CreateVideo

The // will comment out the bind and let it there for later use.
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

I used CTRL P for this and works fine. However you should only include weapons and aircraft and not builders. Also with CTRL W they didn't assign it correctly. Better to disable your commander and buildings, which is kinda pointless.

Return to “General Discussion”