Spring Maps : Top 40 Charts - Page 2

Spring Maps : Top 40 Charts

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Molloy

Post by Molloy »

There should be a different map in the installer every time there's a new release. Everybody who needs Small Divide and Mars knows how to download it.

Probably the most successful way of bringing third party maps into the Total Annihilation multiplay scene was tournaments. There used to be a few new custom maps in the old Clan Battle League tournaments and everybody would be practicing on them like mad for the week or two beforehand.

This also has the pleasing side effect of encouraging more 1vs1 and 2vs2 matches, rather the somewhat mindless 6vs6 and 8vs8 games that are standard round here.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Large team games are not necessarily mindless. You may not enjoy them, but there the fault is with you.

I'm coming down a little hard, but I'm sure you'd understand if you thought about the exchange. I do this to pretty much every unsupported opinion that I feel warrants a response.

The tournament idea is tried and true. I even aborted a tournament for E&E and the maps still got a tremendous number of downloads.

Return to “General Discussion”