Is everyone gone? - Page 5

Is everyone gone?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

I think its just because Spring is becoming the same crap over and over again. Whenever I join, I see the same games on as yesterday. New updates are released for mods rarely, and never have anything really gameplay enhancing. Engine development is completely inactive and no one is even working on spring anymore.
What? You say Springs being developed still? I know, but it sure dosn't look like it. Especially to new players. We haven't had a release in so long Ive stopped counting the months and whenever something finally is released its so packed with bugs that it would send Chuck Norris away screaming. Not to mention the noobies.
This isn't Spring. This is still TA:Spring as far as I'm concerned. You can rename as many things as you want, but you can't just suddenly decide that this isn't a TA remake anymore and expect people to follow suit. The only thing PLAYED here is TA, the only thing people come for is TA, and the only thing this damn engine is good for is TA.
In a nutshell, springs just gotten boring. Thats why.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I find it ironic that this thread goes 5 pages in a day and a half...

Spring hasn't really grown much in a while, and some of the old regs are getting bored with it... Like it's been stated a few times, we need something new and fresh.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

Caydr wrote:Yeah yeah... I've got...... work ..... and....... exams.....
EXAM TIMES?!!! IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN COME UP WITH?! MORE LIKE, LAZY TIMES!!!! STOP BEING LAZY!!!! GIMME NEW AA WITH PROPER BALANCE!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:
Lindir The Green

Post by Lindir The Green »

LOrDo wrote:The only thing PLAYED here is TA, the only thing people come for is TA, and the only thing this damn engine is good for is TA.
100% of the above statements are incorrect.
manored

Post by manored »

Lindir The Green wrote:
LOrDo wrote:The only thing PLAYED here is TA, the only thing people come for is TA, and the only thing this damn engine is good for is TA.
100% of the above statements are incorrect.
But 100% of then are close from being correct...

I foolishly think that all problems will magically solve thenselfes if we get loads of new people to spring. Start anyoing everone you know to give a look at this and repeat! :)
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

Spring also needs a playable mod that is not TA packaged by default. E&E would be good if not for its license (not GPL/CC - dunno if something changed since the last flamewar), same goes for Gundam (which has same problems as TA-based mods wrt intellectual property.) Kernel panic is pretty much the only possible, working option (since nanoblobs is broken by design, sad but I vaguely remember that even Argh admitted it) - but it's theme is... niche.

I understand that there is unannounced work in the pipeline, so there's hope.
smoth

Post by smoth »

imbaczek wrote:Spring also needs a playable mod that is not TA packaged by default.
we have an ip free installer with da blobs in it.
imbaczek wrote:same goes for Gundam (which has same problems as TA-based mods wrt intellectual property.)
I made my content thank you very much, so don't lump me with those lot please.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Gundam RTS, under Japanese interpretation of law, is legal for distribution. It is a fan product. NEXT!
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

1) blobs aren't really playable in the current incarnation.
2) don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Gundam included, since it's actually mature (when some TA-based mods are not, sic!), been around even before I knew about spring, etc. I'm just not sure if the devs share this view.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Just wanted to say that i am here.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

Comp1337 wrote:Just wanted to say that i am here.
ditto... I just haven't contributed anything in around 9 months :shock:

BTW, demo makes some amazingly good points.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

LOrDo wrote:I think its just because Spring is becoming the same crap over and over again. Whenever I join, I see the same games on as yesterday. New updates are released for mods rarely, and never have anything really gameplay enhancing.
You should follow Kernel Panic more. This week KDR_11k went as far as 6 releases under 48hr. Releases which can go as far as adding a whole new race. Race which introduce entirely new mechanics such as fast mobile unit turning into cloacked mine by flipping on/off, or the whole undergroudness of the worm. And Kernel Panic gameplay is unlike any other mod. Heck, I don't even know any RTS that has that same ressourceless mechanic.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

What this forum needs is a good flamewar.

Hey SwiftSpear! You have erotic thoughts about men!
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

I touch myself at night...
Noruas
XTA Developer

Flame War?

Post by Noruas »

Suck it, Ima Puppet!
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Caydr wrote:What this forum needs is a good flamewar.

Hey SwiftSpear! You have erotic thoughts about men!
You flame me in order to start a flame war? I'll just ban you if I have to, no flaming required. :P
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Music would add a ton of atmosphere to Spring, like comshooters Ikrog.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Spring soundtrack should be jpop and linkin park.
Erom

Post by Erom »

Is there anything on ocremix based on the original TA soundtrack?

Edit: Nope. Too bad.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Noruas wrote:Music would add a ton of atmosphere to Spring, like comshooters Ikrog.
IKROG R WIN!! :o

Return to “General Discussion”