I'm a little tired of this blatant disregard for others - Page 2

I'm a little tired of this blatant disregard for others

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

knorke

Re: I'm a little tired of this blatant disregard for others

Post by knorke »

use meaningful thread titles please..
danil_kalina wrote:Why do we need this bot ? for spamming and annoying ?
What does it do ?
You can pm it with !signup #channelname (or similiar) and it will pm you chat that happend while you were offline.
Like when you were chatting and have to reboot or something.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

In agression theraphy we all learned that blatant disregard for others is a great step towards behaving like a normal human beeing. And its not easy, to disregard someone, who can whine and bitch for 2 hours in every channel. Fuck, even the bukkakebukaniers of the sky got tired after some time or stayed in one channel.

Definatly need the ignoreability for the irc.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

arglebargle

please do not pour gas on the fire >:(
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Weblobby users can host the latest rapid evorts. It spawns a springie.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

zkl users too
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

knorke wrote:use meaningful thread titles please..
danil_kalina wrote:Why do we need this bot ? for spamming and annoying ?
What does it do ?
You can pm it with !signup #channelname (or similiar) and it will pm you chat that happend while you were offline.
Like when you were chatting and have to reboot or something.
cool

but it sends spam like the previous nightwatch about lobby using
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Kalina, nightwatch is key part of ZK system. It does tons of things, among others support for clans, elo, offline pm (not just subscribe channel, also offline pm to other users), authorization for zk website, planetwars, quickmatch/juggler, muting, banning etc.

Without nightwatch ZK site and springie autohosts would not work.

When I dev ZK site locally, nightwatch-dev appears, unfortunatelly without admin rights it has really strict limits and sometimes issue like this appears.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

wherever I go, ZK is anywhere :mrgreen:

you have so many ideas, why not to implement them in the protocol for everyone ?
( you hang out with aegis close as I understand )
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

All of those features are mod-neutral and should always work for all mods. Clans are now becoming integrated with PW which used to be mod neutral but due to lack of interested/maintainence for BA PW its now ZK focused.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

Licho wrote:All of those features are mod-neutral and should always work for all mods. Clans are now becoming integrated with PW which used to be mod neutral but due to lack of interested/maintainence for BA PW its now ZK focused.
Good news !!!
NOTA wants to participate I think BA guys too.
Tell us more about that huge changing, please
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

danil_kalina wrote:
Licho wrote:All of those features are mod-neutral and should always work for all mods. Clans are now becoming integrated with PW which used to be mod neutral but due to lack of interested/maintainence for BA PW its now ZK focused.
Good news !!!
NOTA wants to participate I think BA guys too.
Tell us more about that huge changing, please
I thought PW doesn't really work with a small number of games played. But I guess there is no reason why ZK/BA/NOTA match results couldnt be combined into one PW.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

I think we could improve the disregard by making it less blatant, and more personal. All we need is a personal information pool, and some insulting chatbots who compose new insults. That way we can rant all day, and work the night away.
varikonniemi

Post by varikonniemi »

I can feel the personal things coming into play during this issue, even though they should not.

I can only imagine the shit licho goes through every day in emails/pm:s and so on (he even has a pm filter that says do not pm me).

posting that excerpt as you did is a breach in confidentiality imo. It is a personal discussion and someone who you are not paying is trying yo deal with a problem in his spare time. Bitching about it is not cool.

You cannot demand something you have not paid for.

Then again, i think it is a little overkill that the community says to msg licho about some issue, and when i do i get a response "i do not take messages, please use the #zk channel" its like running around in circles arriving where you started :P
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

In partial defence, the times I have needed to ask a question to someone from the ZK team i've used #zk and I've always got a reply.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

i get replys by licho, even when i dont ask..
smoth

Post by smoth »

varikonniemi wrote: Then again, i think it is a little overkill that the community says to msg licho about some issue, and when i do i get a response "i do not take messages, please use the #zk channel" its like running around in circles arriving where you started :P
it is not that hard to /j zk then talk to licho.
varikonniemi

Post by varikonniemi »

smoth wrote:
varikonniemi wrote: Then again, i think it is a little overkill that the community says to msg licho about some issue, and when i do i get a response "i do not take messages, please use the #zk channel" its like running around in circles arriving where you started :P
it is not that hard to /j zk then talk to licho.
Yes, and then have the text drown in 2000 lines of chit chat/part/joins/commit bot announces and never get seen.

How about just answering your PM once you get the time to do it?

My PM:s also get clogged up by autojoin to CLAN and FACTION channels, also Nightwatch, battle debriefing etc. to none of which i never subscribed to.

So is reading a pm really that much more annoying for someone, than to close these constant pm:s these autohosts and server keep on opening up for us?

Licho can ignore a person if somenoe abuses this functionality. However the bots amd autohosts seriously need to get revamped before anybody can say a pm now and then to licho is abusing his privacy...
smoth

Post by smoth »

By all means, dictate his daily tasks..

Just sayin, it isn't fair to him
varikonniemi

Post by varikonniemi »

I do not want to dictate his daily tasks. I just want to get in contact to him like to any normal person (email / pmsg / imsg / etc) not a random irc channel.

Heck, even shuttleworth is accessible on a person-to-person basis. He put millions (billions) into his project and he still finds time to chat with me.

All i am really saying is that instead of making the pmsg ignore messages and autoreply to post to #zk make it say "sorry, ia am away now. please leave your message and i will come back to your issue asap".
smoth

Post by smoth »

You don't understand, he will see it, nightwatch logs for him.

Return to “Engine”