spring replay site - Page 2

spring replay site

For the discussion of infrastructure improvements and changes.

Moderator: Moderators

abma
Spring Developer

Re: spring replay site

Post by abma »

PS: api.springfiles.com is down, so atm you cannot upload replays that use unknown maps (known maps: http://replays.admin-box.com/maps/).
server crashed... :-/ is up again.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

There's no way to just view every game uploaded in chronological order?

Also
Players (All)
Top 20: Zangeeph [...]
8)
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

Good job for the site :-)

Don't worry Johannes, i'm in the top 20 too while i didnt play a single game lol. It seems to take the specs into consideration 8)
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Johannes wrote:There's no way to just view every game uploaded in chronological order?
It's a little hidden: Links are the total number of games at top of Home and at bottom "more...". I'll add a link on the right side menu, where you'd expect to find it :)
Players (All)
Top 20: Zangeeph [...]
8)
lol ... forgot to filter out specs :D
Also "top 20" sounds like a rank, but it just the players that participated in most games... you think this category makes sense?
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

No worries, that rank is pretty accurate. Nobody spectates better than Zangeeph.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Do you think your site is now stable enough to be linked in topic of #main and such?
If you want I can add it, but if you do not want yet because still testing that is ok too.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

I think it is stable. I didn't have to changed the model for some time now. Most changes now are ui stuff. (thanx for the input Jazcash, Jamerlan)

I do still encounter some bugs in corner cases with less-tested or unusual mods/maps, but it doesn't brake anything.
Oh - but there is one thing that is missing, that I want to implement before promoting: a proper rollback in case of bad uploads to ensure consistent data.
I'll do that this week, so putting it on #main next week would be great! :)

I'm gonna setup a testing/dev site, so that my test uploads don't clutter the prod site anymore :)
Pako

Post by Pako »

Nice work. Though not as good as the old one but at least it is open so no fear of rage quit like with the previous one.
Jazcash wrote:Don't work too hard on the current design. Come the start of Summer I'll have tons of free time and might end up designing and coding a site for you
Don't take this guy too seriously, all he has managed here is a lot of empty talk, few screenshots and tournament which he self won.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Pako wrote:Don't take this guy too seriously, all he has managed here is a lot of empty talk, few screenshots and tournament which he self won.
Just because I don't publicly announce everything I do doesn't mean I haven't done anything. As far as I know you've only made a couple BA widgets for yourself. That's it. That's all I know about what you've done. Chances are, you've done a lot more that I don't know about so I'm not going to say you've done nothing. Try and be nice.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Jazcash, purveyor of invisible recent advances behind the scenes
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

AF wrote:Jazcash, purveyor of invisible recent advances behind the scenes
Damn straight, I'm practically holding up Spring whilst people trample all over me :P
smoth

Post by smoth »

Pako wrote:
Jazcash wrote:Don't work too hard on the current design. Come the start of Summer I'll have tons of free time and might end up designing and coding a site for you
Don't take this guy too seriously, all he has managed here is a lot of empty talk, few screenshots and tournament which he self won.
Jaz does solid design work, don't hate man, his offer is legit.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Recent advances:
  • loading time reduced
  • multi-upload
  • web design more homogeneous
  • spoiler protection
  • advanced search
  • single player fixes
  • compacted index (thx jamerlan)
  • dl links for map+game
  • comments (incl. rss)
  • next spads+spring89 can do automatic uploading (thx bibim)
  • testing site: http://replays-test.admin-box.com/ (works for both browsers and xml-rpc upload)
  • no more bugs ;-)
IMO this can go live on #main.
If the site has the communities blessing, imo it should have a proper fqdn (-> replays.springrts.com).
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

very nice! :-)
thanks for all the work.. now the only things missing are: autop-youtube video generation and machine voice auto-commentary of the game.
;-)

(btw, dansan did the engine patch for the autohost (spads) automatic upload)
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Nice! I really like it!
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Tim has created a springrts subdomain: replays.springrts.com :)

Knorke: can you change the #main message to point to the new domain?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Woo awesome! ^_^
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

would it make sense that..
if the game was shorter then .. for example 3min, spads woudl not auto-upload the replay, but start a vote instead, and only if it passes, it will be uploaded? or just not upload it at all, without vote?
(assuming that the < 3min games are just re's)
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

hoijui wrote:would it make sense that..
if the game was shorter then .. for example 3min, spads woudl not auto-upload the replay, but start a vote instead, and only if it passes, it will be uploaded? or just not upload it at all, without vote?
(assuming that the < 3min games are just re's)
Games that did not start (all players pressed the [start] "button" or !forcestart) will not get uploaded. That will filter out most re-matches. Games that started and are shorter than 3 min.... I guess those are 99% re, but are very few... I hope (?)...

IMO it isn't spads responsibility to guess if a match was a proper match... so... someone pls steal the code for parsing of the cmd stream from koshis ladder and make a pre-upload-check if a game was !stop'ed [and shorter than 5min]... I'll add it to the issues :)
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Actually SPADS already provides this information to the end-game command: %duration is the game duration in seconds, and %result is the result of the game ("gameOver" for a game that finished normally, and "undecided" for a game stopped manually or due to disconnected players). I guess with this information the script can decide if the demo must be uploaded or not?

Return to “Infrastructure Development”