Scouts blocking big units

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

I think fleas / weasels / jeffys should be crushed by certain larger t3 units, especially kargs and razors.

Does anyone agree?
smoth

Re: Scouts blocking big units

Post by smoth »

They should NOT be crushed. I disagree with you.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Not that I play BA but... ideally a mega-unit would push smaller units out of its way.
SpliFF

Post by SpliFF »

Pushing for allies, crushing for enemies.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

AFAIK this was introduced with the new pathfinder. I think the ally behavior is much better now than it was (units are less likely to stick into allies and they maneuver in groups better), but all enemy units make your units stop at once and stay stopped. I think this will change with engine changes.
knorke

Post by knorke »

but all enemy units make your units stop at once and stay stopped.
your units will still try to avoid units even if they could walk over them. If someone knows how to change that (pathing should ignore crushable enemies) I would be interessted! But if your unit has some inertia in its movement it will "accidently" bumpcrush the enemy, so it is not that bad.
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27288
Senna

Post by Senna »

Well Juggernaught gets stucked by fleas too...so its lol a mobile turret being stucked by any enemy unit...

maybe in next spring release they will fix it, also the comanders being stucked by rockos is lalwd imba when u try to combomb enemy, they just move his units to stop ur commander...
smoth

Post by smoth »

old pathfinder was better let's blame all on new pathfinder.

This is speculation/googles.

there is a tag to set your ba to use the old pathfinder. Try with it. Ok? still bad? that is because it was always bad. I had some of the biggest units in spring, they always got hung up on smaller units.

Try the old pathfinder setting, if it is better then you have proof if not stop pinning all things on the current one. Please. It does no good to speculate or point fingers. It does good to investigate and see if this is actually true..

(Which it isn't, the old pathfinder had this issue and more with large units)
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Senna wrote:Well Juggernaught gets stucked by fleas too...so its lol a mobile turret being stucked by any enemy unit...
This.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Yeah, that is exactly my point.

Of course t3 shall be stoppable by spam, but I think this should require using AK:s or bigger units. It's more realistic, and much less annoying.
Pako

Post by Pako »

I did gadgets and modoptions for this, seems to work very good for BA, only the death explosion is kinda bad. There should be made a custom crush explosion for it. I have no idea if it is easily possible to add a custom crush explosion for it.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Google_Frog wrote:
Senna wrote:Well Juggernaught gets stucked by fleas too...so its lol a mobile turret being stucked by any enemy unit...
This.
Hm but what does that do really?

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”