[Fx]Esorp admin abuse repeatedly

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Fuel

Post by Fuel »

Hello,

[Fx]Esorp just stopped server during battle on [TERA]Host1 just because he felt like, quoting "there is no point of continuing"
And it was because they lost middle of map and other team was advancing.
He did not even bothered to call a vote.

After people started to complained he start kicking them or ban them because of 'insults'.
It is not the first time I see this happen.
Funny thing is he said "I'll enjoying being an admin as it lasts. It won't last long since they will whine"

Can someone remove his admin rights until he cools off?

As an admin, he is just the opposite of what an admin should be like in a community.

Thanks
Jazcash

Re: [Fx]Esorp admin abuse repeatedly

Post by Jazcash »

PM the owner (Paste iirc).
[Fx]Esorp

Post by [Fx]Esorp »

Hey,

The situation was this: there was 3 players left in the west team after everyone else self destroying. I saw it was to save time to start the next game. I would've seen self destroying more reprehensible than stopping the game in that situation after all. The TERA policy is to resign/give units rather than self destroy.

But well, it started quite a hazzle with everyone vote spamming. I kicked few people just to make it peaceful and we did start another game shortly. With those people furious in the chat it would take pretty long until we would get a game started. I saw it better to let the players play - the ones who were there to play.

I would suggest you watch the replay, and if you still feel like you feel now, feel free to send it to Paste. He's the one to decide if I'm admin or not.

And I would appreciate a bit more civilized feedback (like your's here) than this caps lock -insulting. Things usually are resolved way more easily that way.

EDIT. Repeatedly? How come?
Last edited by [Fx]Esorp on 17 May 2012, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

You should not use admin powers to stop game without voting.
If you don't like the game anymore, give and wait it to finish.

That's why the "hazzle" started. Many people didn't appreciate what you did. Are you going to stop games whenever you feel like so, just because you can?
Would you stopped the game if you were in the team which was advancing?

How would playing in Spring would look like if everyone who can do it, would stop the games in that way?

It's the 2nd or 3rd time recently in the last month or so when I see you enjoying your admin rights maybe too much.

You should either try to take a break or stop doing this kind of things.
Last edited by Fuel on 17 May 2012, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

By the way, as a result of this, most people left the server and switched to another one.

Too bad because we are such a small community...
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

If enough people leave in the first few minutes then I see nothing wrong with stopping the game.
Azhukar

Post by Azhukar »

You don't get to ruin earned victories. When someone is winning he probably wants to savor the victory and not end the game the moment the game is clearly won.

This was not in first few minutes, this was after we started killing enemy bases.
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

Azhukar wrote:You don't get to ruin earned victories. When someone is winning he probably wants to savor the victory and not end the game the moment the game is clearly won.

This was not in first few minutes, this was after we started killing enemy bases.

it's exactly what I said too.

How would playing Spring look like if everyone who can stop a game, would do it just because he thinks 'there is no point anymore' ?

If you don't like it start a vote at least...
[Fx]Esorp

Post by [Fx]Esorp »

I have spectated afk players after 2 rings and asking if they were there. And once I asked if we would change map after playing Folsom dam twice. No one answered, I changed the map and said "suggestions?"

That's all I have done earlier.

Yep this second stop was the 5v5 game we played afterwards. In the first few minutes (5 min or something) I stopped the game as one player self destroyed. That I asked from the chat, one player accepted with me and the rest didnt say anything.

Ruin victories... yeah. I see this only finding the last coms, which can be really slow for some ppl nowadays. Shooting the remaining mexes and wind generators isnt much of fun.

Paste did quite the same few days ago. Stopped a game when he had 4 (or something) players taken and we had killed a few bases already. I first didnt like it as I hadn't got to kill my enemy already. But after hearing what the general situation was, it was OK. There was nothing left for me to kill anyway. Again, I would suggest to watch the replay. As a player you didn't maybe have the overall view of the situation.
Azhukar

Post by Azhukar »

[Fx]Esorp wrote:Ruin victories... yeah. I see this only finding the last coms, which can be really slow for some ppl nowadays. Shooting the remaining mexes and wind generators isnt much of fun.
You don't get to decide what people find fun.
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

Azhukar wrote:
[Fx]Esorp wrote:Ruin victories... yeah. I see this only finding the last coms, which can be really slow for some ppl nowadays. Shooting the remaining mexes and wind generators isnt much of fun.
You don't get to decide what people find fun.
Looks like he is still not getting it.

However, if he is in the team winning the game, he won't stop it.

How do you call that?
[Fx]Esorp

Post by [Fx]Esorp »

Most people find the mid-game the most interesting. When the actual playing comes in. But of course I dont get to decide what people find fun. Why would I? The thing I decided to do was to stop the game.

I would stop it if I knew there was 3 coms and just a few labs and mexes left and nobody even trying to play against me. But youre right, I wouldn't know this if I was a player so I probably wouldn't stop that game.
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

[Fx]Esorp wrote:But of course I don't get to decide what people find fun. Why would I? The thing I decided to do was to stop the game.
You keep trying to make a point but there's none. You were losing and decided to stop the game.

Would you have done the same thing if you were in the winning team? Not really. Saying otherwise I think it's hypocrisy.

We are playing games for one reason, to see it winning, not for seeing it being shut down when we are close.

End of story.
albator

Post by albator »

Just stop playing on host where there are some Fagx admins and they will die from themself. That the only thing you can do.
Floris

Post by Floris »

The !stop was a bad thing but not the worst. The way Esorp handled the whole issue was very... very arrogant.

Within a few secs he specced/speckicked 4 or more players that were still chatting (game only ended 3 mins ago or something). Then he started the game, kicked another player for 'insulting'. stopped the server again and ... well.... just arrogant.
[Fx]Esorp

Post by [Fx]Esorp »

Floris wrote:The !stop was a bad thing but not the worst. The way Esorp handled the whole issue was very... very arrogant.

Within a few secs he specced/speckicked 4 or more players that were still chatting (game only ended 3 mins ago or something). Then he started the game, kicked another player for 'insulting'. stopped the server again and ... well.... just arrogant.
Thats pretty true, I'm sorry about that.

BUT: I said why I stopped and there were lots of people spamming the chat. I didnt feel like starting to argue in the chat as they weren't even listening. And yep, during the 2nd game Zai joined the game as a spectator and began insulting me. I didnt want our game to be disturbed any more so I kicked him too.

But youre right, I should've been more gentle.
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

[Fx]Esorp wrote:
Floris wrote:The !stop was a bad thing but not the worst. The way Esorp handled the whole issue was very... very arrogant.

Thats pretty true, I'm sorry about that.

BUT: I said why I stopped and there were lots of people spamming the chat. I didnt feel like starting to argue in the chat as they weren't even listening. And yep, during the 2nd game Zai joined the game as a spectator and began insulting me. I didnt want our game to be disturbed any more so I kicked him too.

But youre right, I should've been more gentle.
LOL are you know blaming it on another people?
I think Zai played the game and what he said was like you are being a dick for stopping the game and kicking people for complaining.

You seem like you are continuing to be a complete ignorant.
[Fx]Esorp

Post by [Fx]Esorp »

Fuel wrote:Would you have done the same thing if you were in the winning team? Not really. Saying otherwise I think it's hypocrisy.

We are playing games for one reason, to see it winning, not for seeing it being shut down when we are close.

End of story.
I really would stop a game if it was desperate com-searching. Especially if I didnt have the units needed to search and kill the coms and teammates not even bothering to search them. That is waste of time in my opinion. But you can think whatever you want about it.

You seem to play the games from different reasons than I, and many others, do. I find the actual microing units and doing tactical decisions much more rewarding than just killing abandoned buildings.

And about this Zai.. he said "suck a dick Esorp", and I asked if I should kick him too. He said "do it", so I did. That's my argument for kicking him from the 2nd game. Zai wasn't playing that game, he joined as spectator after a few seconds ingame.

MrAnderson was another guy kicked from the 2nd game. He spammed "JOIN SPADS4" with caps lock 6 times and did !stop vote twice. I warned him not to do it, and after second !stop command I ended the vote and kicked him from also disturbing our game. No one was really going to vote these stops.

EDIT. Btw I quite didnt get this sentence: "LOL are you know blaming it on another people?" What did you mean with it?
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

[Fx]Esorp wrote:
Fuel wrote:Would you have done the same thing if you were in the winning team? Not really. Saying otherwise I think it's hypocrisy.

End of story.
I really would stop a game if it was desperate com-searching. Especially if I didnt have the units needed to search and kill the coms and teammates not even bothering to search them. That is waste of time in my opinion. But you can think whatever you want about it.

You seem to play the games from different reasons than I, and many others, do. I find the actual microing units and doing tactical decisions much more rewarding than just killing abandoned buildings.

And about this Zai.. he said "suck a dick Esorp", and I asked if I should kick him too. He said "do it", so I did. That's my argument for kicking him from the 2nd game. Zai wasn't playing that game, he joined as spectator after a few seconds ingame.

MrAnderson was another guy kicked from the 2nd game. He spammed "JOIN SPADS4" with caps lock 6 times and did !stop vote twice. I warned him not to do it, and after second !stop command I ended the vote and kicked him from also disturbing our game. No one was really going to vote these stops.

EDIT. Btw I quite didnt get this sentence: "LOL are you know blaming it on another people?" What did you mean with it?
You are trying to move the point of the discussion naming players and such. You started the whole thing by stopping the game when you were losing.
I suggest you keep doing that and nobody will play with you once they get to know your habit.

Online communities are full trolls.
It is so bad sometimes it happens that some of these trolls have admin privileges.

OK, this is boring.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

This thread is quickly going downhill.

I think that people who are playing a game should not stop while there are active players on more than one team.

Autohost admin complaints should be addressed to the autohost owner, which can be found by !admins.

Return to “Ingame Community”