Weekly tournament

Weekly tournament

Subforum for the organization and gathering of competitive players to talk about the opportunities for competitive play. Post all tournaments notifications here.
Griffith

Weekly tournament

Post by Griffith »

Lately i saw more players doing 1v1 and i would ask the community if a ba tournament each saturday for example would be a good idea or if there is not enough people for that. Tell your views on it. :-)

Thanks for that Tournaments category in forum, it makes it more clear. :wink:
Jazcash

Re: Weekly tournament

Post by Jazcash »

Once there's a system in place to get tournaments easily setup automatically I think it'd be great to have weekly tournaments.

I'm currently working on gathering all previous BA tourneys and putting them into nice readable formats on Challonge. Neddie did a good job here but it hasn't been kept up-to-date and it's kind of hard to read some of them.

Also, if there's a moderator out there with some free time, could they move all tournament topics in the 'Game Lobby' forum to this one?
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Jazcash wrote:Once there's a system in place to get tournaments easily setup automatically I think it'd be great to have weekly tournaments.
Anybody feel free to do whatever with my discarded tourney stuff at https://github.com/renemilk/Spring-Tourney / http://tourney.springlobby.info/
It already does bracket generation and some backend management iirc, but I surely won't be taking that up again before winter time.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Isn't it possible to use Challonge's API to integrate some sort of system with SPADS?

I believe Carrepairer has something of the sort on his to-do list for weblobby.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Also, if there's a moderator out there with some free time, could they move all tournament topics in the 'Game Lobby' forum to this one?
I went through the first ~4 pages and moved all tourney threads where games were actually played.

Also should this subforum have topics that are not explicitly about a tourney? (like this thread)
imo there is "Infrastructure Development" or "Game Lobby" for that. So this forum would be about playing only.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

knorke wrote: Also should this subforum have topics that are not explicitly about a tourney? (like this thread)
imo there is "Infrastructure Development" or "Game Lobby" for that. So this forum would be about playing only.
I agree, will be another forum for you guys to manage and sort though if people don't know the exact purpose of this sub-forum. Perhaps appoint a few people who've made tourneys in the past who are the only ones able to post topics here? That's just one of many things that could be done so do whatever you think's best :P

I'd be happy to manage it all though ofc 8)

Return to “Tournaments”