Post by PepeAmpere »

New experience with NOTA 1.69 - NOTA 1.71 in Spring 91.0

sure bugs

MAIN

AIR
  • [RD]Godde: firebats brake the first time they bomb, so they might miss
  • toadfoot miss with most of its ammo, especially in last shot
BOTS
  • Montros Pod disapears when it is finished in the factory unless it is given a teleport command (godde)
VEHICLES

SHIPS
  • ships wreckeges have big hitspheres
  • problem with CORE rocket ship shootdistance (counted from rocket silo)
DEFENCES
  • doomsday machine and annihilator dont close when no enemy in their range
SPACEBUGS
  • target choosing broken sometimes (when some players die)
  • queen jumps broken
  • Godde: cloacker of Dust bug can be attacked
LUA
  • refuel button, when used, units are deselected - im not sure if its bug, maybe it was intended like this but its strange
BEHAVIOUR OF UNITS GUI
  • [RD]Godde: units stay greyed out even after being unlocked (theres problem that ability to build is checked only first time build menu is opened - so depends if you have unlocked before first click on factory)
  • jammer ships red circle of jammed area is not visible on the sea (on some maps)
  • radar "blicks/flashes" can identify radar equiped unit, that is not in your LOS. (test, if this happend only for units = NOT in LOS, but in radarRange)
AI
  • RAIai (and other AIs) can cheat and build advanced units in basic factories without tech2
SOUND
  • when comm start to build, it plays startbuilding sound f.e. 4 times, until construction itself starts
GRAPHICS
  • Ion Cannon rocket flame bug (only on some maps?!)
--------------------------------------

new stable file - http://nota.googlecode.com/files/nota171.sdz
Last edited by PepeAmpere on 12 Apr 2012, 20:22, edited 36 times in total.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Re: BUGlist

Post by Thor »

The jumpjets on the arm commander are broken, presumably for the same reason as the teleports.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Thor wrote:The jumpjets on the arm commander are broken, presumably for the same reason as the teleports.
fixed, its gui too (in 1.667b, for Spring 87.0)
Godde

The dust cloaker can be attacked

Post by Godde »

If the dust cloaker(that is fired from the dustbug/crawler) gets hit by fire from a pyro it will uncloak and be attacked by other units.
Could you make the cloaker a category that no units can attack?
Is there still a risk that units will try to attack it and get really close to it?
Would you have to add the category to noChaseCategory to avoid that?
PepeAmpere

Re: The dust cloaker can be attacked

Post by PepeAmpere »

It happened something like that to me once, too, i will look at that.

Thx for posting, but next time pls in BUGlist thread.
Conte_Vincero

Post by Conte_Vincero »

I can't get NOTA to start, I set up a game, NOTA loads, starts the countdown, and then freezes at about 0 or 1 like some Nuclear bomb counter in a cheap action film. I am running NOTA v1.67 and Spring 88. Any help?
gajop

Post by gajop »

Conte_Vincero wrote:I can't get NOTA to start, I set up a game, NOTA loads, starts the countdown, and then freezes at about 0 or 1 like some Nuclear bomb counter in a cheap action film. I am running NOTA v1.67 and Spring 88. Any help?
post your infolog.txt after running a game that fails, it should be in your game folder
Conte_Vincero

Post by Conte_Vincero »

(log deleted and added as an attachment - Pepe)

Enjoy :lol:
Attachments
log.txt
log of startbug
(16.57 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Conte_Vincero wrote:I can't get NOTA to start, I set up a game, NOTA loads, starts the countdown, and then freezes at about 0 or 1 like some Nuclear bomb counter in a cheap action film. I am running NOTA v1.67 and Spring 88. Any help?
Hi Dominic

0) Are you using our NOTApack? (download page) - from your log it seems you are not using that.
1) Have you tried to put off/remove all widgets (used for other mods for example)?
2) Are problems only with NOTA or other games (BA, XTA) does the same?
3) Were you playing with settings of the game?
4) Try some older version of NOTA or older version of the Spring if the problem is present there, too.

Older or different mods you can find on springfiles.com, older spring here on springrts.com
Conte_Vincero

Post by Conte_Vincero »

0) Are you using our NOTApack? (download page) - from your log it seems you are not using that.
1) Have you tried to put off/remove all widgets (used for other mods for example)?
4) Try some older version of NOTA or older version of the Spring if the problem is present there, too.

Older or different mods you can find on springfiles.com, older spring here on springrts.com
OK,
0) No, I got it from springfiles.com, and the pack link is broken
1) I don't use other mods
2) I don't have BA or XTA, but Spring 1944 works fine
3) What do you mean by settings? the settings haven't changed since it last worked if that's what you mean
4) Version 1.66 fails in the same way

I hope that helps you, I'll do some more testing tommorow
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Conte_Vincero wrote:

OK,
0) No, I got it from springfiles.com, and the pack link is broken
1) I don't use other mods
2) I don't have BA or XTA, but Spring 1944 works fine
3) What do you mean by settings? the settings haven't changed since it last worked if that's what you mean
4) Version 1.66 fails in the same way

I hope that helps you, I'll do some more testing tommorow
Sry, link is repaired.. try that pack (unpack in desktop and play) to check if some old widgets in current install doesnt make problems
Conte_Vincero

Post by Conte_Vincero »

OK, I've installed the pack, but the bug is still there, however I have found that the bug is to do with the AI's. AAI, KAIK and RAI cause the crash, but E323AI does work. Any ideas on how to fix this?
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Conte_Vincero wrote:OK, I've installed the pack, but the bug is still there, however I have found that the bug is to do with the AI's. AAI, KAIK and RAI cause the crash, but E323AI does work. Any ideas on how to fix this?
So you are using AIs? :-) All AIs are broken, only CppTestAI (does nothing) works and Spacebugs AIs are ok. Don't use spring AIs now. Normal singleplayer is not possible now, so thats why Im creating NOTA AI now.
Conte_Vincero

Post by Conte_Vincero »

OK, when did that happen? Anyway thanks for your help, I'll have to try and get my friends addicted to NOTA then.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Conte_Vincero wrote:OK, when did that happen? Anyway thanks for your help, I'll have to try and get my friends addicted to NOTA then.
Spacebugs mode agianst Spacebugs is some kind of SP, so thats for all players that likes SP or cooperated multiplayer (you and your friends against bugs). NOTA AI is still not finished.. i can predict it will be in weeks done, some basic version.
Conte_Vincero

Post by Conte_Vincero »

OK, me again, tried to get friends to play, but every time we try to load, they are unable to connect, They can join the battleroom, but when I start the game they cannot connect. It's been the same with them before, but I have managed to get a game going with my little brother before, What's going on?
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Conte_Vincero wrote:OK, me again, tried to get friends to play, but every time we try to load, they are unable to connect, They can join the battleroom, but when I start the game they cannot connect. It's been the same with them before, but I have managed to get a game going with my little brother before, What's going on?
Some people are unable to host the game, becouse their network or pc settings (firewall, ports, antivirus,...) prevent some needed parts of connection.

There are three solutions, how to play MP (multiplayer) game, but only first two are very easy:

1) use autohost - join any of nitrogen authosts (if one is used by another players, new one created, so dont worry, everytime theres one empty for you). You can easily change map my keyword "!map <name of your map>" and play the game. You can use other keywords to change other settings. To get all of them, write "!help" in battleroom chat.

2) create own room
  • a) with relay server (its an option, when you creating room in TASClient or SpringLobby). It behaves like normal hosting the game, but server do for you some work.
    b) or host own room with some other setting (NAT traversal, hole punching,...) bypassing some of the problems, that your computers/net settings you can have
3) use hamachi, or real LAN and make own server and join it... this is a bit complicated, but works too, but i think its not prefered variant ;). Its only emergency way.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Some bugs we find in Spring 89.0, dont add them here as game bugs, we know about these problems:

- pathing bug
- underwater units
- hitspheres problem
- spring crash
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Spring 91.0 + NOTA 1.69
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

Not sure if bug or not, but Sumos fire at strategic bombers which are clearly out of their range (shots fade before reaching them). Bombers were not in crashing state, their altitude was normal.

Only Sumos seem to do this, other units with high-energy lasers don't.

Return to “NOTA”