Forbs Ragequit draws near

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Yep, i know 24.4 seems far away, but hey time flys.

So we need a cake. And paper hats. Anyone has a fitting present? We could all play Evo for one day through :D
Cheesecan

Re: Forbs Ragequit draws near

Post by Cheesecan »

What is the story behind it?
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Off-Spring expires after some date. You either have to do the Fang "Ihateyouall" thing or the "IdontGiveAShit" of Warlord Z.

So.. yep, forb is next. The date is right beneath his name.
ScientX

Post by ScientX »

i bet he wont ragequit ^^, we all said we would ragequit spring at some point in life.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

I bet he will, and if it is for just a hour.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

It was a joke I made on my birthday last year (which funnily enough apparently raised enough concern for 3 people to pm me asking what was up) ;-)

Will I ragequit? Will Sharon Head fall victim to the ravages of Mortimer Fuckbutt? Stay tuned after these messages!
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Quitting spring is as easy as quitting smoking. And I must know because I'm really good at quitting smoking, I do it every year.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

If you really wanted to you would quit. But you love cigarettes like fat people love cookies.

You may also love cookies like smokers love cigarettes, it's hard to tell if people are fat over the internet.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

That isn't true bruce. It isn't true at all. Many smokers want desperately to quit, but can't.

I smoked nearly 2 packs a day for 14 years. Right before I moved to CA I went to see a 1 on 1 hypnotherapist, who, in 2 hours helped me end my smoking for good. Walked in a smoker, walked out a non-smoker. No cravings, no agony, nothing.

The only hard part was changing my routine. You might be surprised how much of your daily life revolves around smoking.

Moreover, non-smokers are retards when it comes to understanding smoking which is why non-smoking ad campaigns do not work. They go about talking to smokers completely the wrong way and aren't qualified to be non-smoking advocates in the first place.

Behe, read this book, I promise, it will change your entire outlook/perception and will help you more than anything else in the world: http://www.amazon.com/The-Easy-Way-Stop ... 1402718616

It's written by a formerly super heavy smoker, and isn't the typical bullshit non-smoking crap that you see everywhere. My hypnotherapist guy had me read it before our session, and I've used it to help a few other guys get un-hooked. It's an awesome book.

Sorry bruce, nothing personal. I just really hate hearing non-smokers who haven't ever been smokers in the past talk to smokers as if they know jack shit (because, no offence, non-smokers who have never smoked don't know a goddamn thing that they are talking about and it just pisses me and smokers in general off when they open their mouths and preach to smokers --- I'm not saying you were preaching, branched off into general stuff, not specifically your comment :-))

Edit: Forgot to finish my story... I've been a non-smoker for 1 year and 3 months now :-) Shit works!
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

But do those quid of tobacco, you insert on a daily basis dont get ucomfortable? Sure the hypno helped.. no smoke... but the tobaco is still strong in you. ;)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

PicassoCT wrote:But do those quid of tobacco, you insert on a daily basis dont get ucomfortable? Sure the hypno helped.. no smoke... but the tobaco is still strong in you. ;)
Nope. I walked out of that session, and could have cared less about smoking. Same way I feel now.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Lol, I've known you long enough not to take things personally.

I think it's a bit excessive to assume all non smokers don't know what it's like to deal with addiction. I didn't mean that if you really wanted to you would just quit cold turkey, that shit's rediculously hard, but you went out and found a way to quit.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Actually, I didn't. My dad called me from california and for whatever reason he and my mother had a bug up their ass to try to get me to quit.

Anyway, my dad called, said he'd pay for it, gave me the guy's website and phone number. My dad asked me if I'd at least talk to him. Told him I could basically care less whether I was a smoker or non-smoker (told the hypno guy the same thing). Called him, talked to him for about 45 minutes, Decided I liked him, set an appointment for 2 weeks later.

2 Weeks later I went in before band practice, walked out, went to band practice where there are 8 people (4 guys, 3 chicks) smoking like there is no tomorrow. I wasn't even tempted. I was entirely indifferent.
Das Bruce wrote: I think it's a bit excessive to assume all non smokers don't know what it's like to deal with addiction.
Smoking addiction is unlike anything else. It isn't like drugs or alcohol. Not even in the same realm really. As stated in that book that I recommended, you have to try REALLY hard to get to the point to where you like cigarettes. Think about it. It's not like you take one puff and are like hmm, this seems like a great idea!

Smokers train themselves to think differently, so when a non-smoker comes up talking shit and not knowing wtf they are talking about, the immediate reaction is to punch them in the face. To this day, when i'm around non-smokers that start talking about it, even though I am no longer a smoker, I have to mentally restrain myself from saying anything, because the ignorance is insulting.

Take it from me, smoking addiction is unlike any other form of addiction in existence. Moreover, the addiction itself and how you become addicted in the first place is insidious. I could write a book on it.

Let me leave you with a final thought... Name an addiction that isn't based upon pleasure (don't count smoking).

Gambling, pleasure.
Drinking, pleasure (it takes the pain away).
Drugs, Pleasure.
Sex, Pleasure.

The list goes on and on. There is nothing pleasurable about smoking initially. You have to train yourself to enjoy it. And that fact, is why it is some impossibly hard to quit on your own without help (and nicotine supplements are a racket, just like tobacco is.

It should interest you to note that nicotine leaves your system within about 49 minutes or so (which is why you get the urge to smoke another 1hr -3 or 4hrs after your last ... or in my case, after 10 or 20 minutes)). A nicotine addiction is gone after roughly 48 - 72 hours and the effects of nicotine withdrawl even in extremely heavy smokers is very mild (resulting in a light headache sometimes). Nicotine is also a natural laxative (which is why anytime I smoked a Marlboro #52 I about shit myself (that actually almost happened once, totally not lying). Those things have shittons of nicotine in them. Nicotine is also not harmful to your body in any way.

Nicotine has very little to do with the addiction to smoking. The addiction runs far deeper than any chemical. Non-smokers base their "logic" upon the idea that it is a chemical addiction, and this is why non-smoking campaigns fail and why non-smokers are idiots when it comes to talking to smokers.

I defy any smoker here to disagree with me.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Coffee. Not those chocolate milkshake sugar bombs you get now, proper coffee tastes like shit. Remember asking your parents why they drunk it? "It's an aquired taste".
Degenerated5

Post by Degenerated5 »

Das Bruce wrote:Coffee. Not those chocolate milkshake sugar bombs you get now, proper coffee tastes like shit. Remember asking your parents why they drunk it? "It's an aquired taste".
Haha. Careful there or you'll burst his bubble.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Good for you, Forb, for quitting smoking. :)
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

He didnt quit, he just has a split personality now, that smokes and donates to the hypnoTheRapist.. there is a reason he is on the fire Alarm Blacklist
Panda

Post by Panda »

PicassoCT wrote:He didnt quit, he just has a split personality now, that smokes and donates to the hypnoTheRapist.. there is a reason he is on the fire Alarm Blacklist
:shock: That's freaky Picasso.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Forb.. i bet i can undo the works of your hypno therapist.

watch the pendulum.. you get sleepy. You feel it burning, the Rage... you didnt quit smoking, you just turned yourself mentally into a cigarett and its burning you up from the inside out, every drag kills you, and you cant quit.. let the rage flow through you.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Don't underestimate the powers of the dark side, Forb. :P

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”