Haxxored

Haxxored

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Haxxored

Post by Fnordia »

Seems we got hit by a phpbb-bug that allowed anyone to gain administrative rights to the forum. And since it turned out that my backup skills suck, we will have to settle for the stuff that these leet haxx0rs did not delete. This means that everything in the general discussion forum and some news posts are lost. Sorry about this.

Post by Guest »

BASTARDS

THE STUPID HAXXORZ
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

:shock: :shock: it didnt auto log anymore ^^ mine post ^^ :shock: :shock:
genblood

Post by genblood »

DAMN !!! THOSE FUCKING ASSHOLES :evil: :evil: :evil:

Why can't people just get bendt ....

People that mess with other peoples web sites should be shot
and through in the ocean for fish food .... :twisted: :twisted:
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

I'm assuming this has been fixed?
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

Yeah, I've updated phpbb to the latest version now. And fixed the auto backup script to include the spring database too. :)
Tangaroa

Post by Tangaroa »

Did you get their IP numbers by any chance?

Post by Guest »

Some people make me mad. It´s nice to see that this has been taken care of.
:evil:
Mars Keeper

Post by Mars Keeper »

uhh, that was me. I hope developing Spring did not get a slowdown.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Slow it down? They better hurry up before the backpacker... uh i mean haxor, strikes again! Panic Panic Panic!
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

Oh well, the forum was getting a bit full...

*spanks Fnord.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

hmmm what was it that spread over phpbb2 the santy worm? I wonder why they'd want to delete the posts int he first place or if it was all automated
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

It looks like a targeted attack because i've seen no news whatsoever of any other such happening on the Internet. If it was a worm, it would have to affect other sites as well.

I can't shake the feeling that it was related to that thread where there was a discussion about anti-Europe that eventually got the guest account unaccecible...

Then again, it's just a feeling.
MetalClaw

Post by MetalClaw »

I guess it could have been worse, though. They could have defaced the whole website. Anyway, let's just hope they've had their fun and won't come back again.
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

When I came on yesterday and saw that weird stuff was happening, or had happened (couldn't access forums, missing news, biggest hint was the message at the top of the main screen), the thought that the sight was getting hacked crossed my mind...

Bringing up the hackers IP adress makes me wonder... is there a chance they could have gotten forum member's IP's? If what Paulo said does have anything to do with it, well, I just hope everyone has up to date firewalls...

Edit: OMG! Post counts got reset! This was the work of someone who envied the postcount of (darn, I forgot who it was and without the postcounts I'll never remember) and decided to catch up by erasing them!

(Disclaimer- This was just a random thought added on in jest... But then, what was attacked besides the forums?)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Yes I remembered the name Santy worm correctly however it couldnt have been that because you'd get a defacement page.
Anyways, most people posting to this forum would have dynamic IP addresses or would eb behind firewalls and corporate/government networks of some kind.

Also note that these people didnt delete the private forum? If they ahd admin access they could have seen and deleted it yet they didnt?

EDIT: Archangel you edited whiel I posted?! now that edit is suspiscious! Afterall I did have twice the nubmer of posts as the second highest poster. And hwo coem admin post counts wherent reset, and what about the posts we have/had in the news items?
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Afterall I did have twice the nubmer of posts as the second highest poster.
Not any more fat boy.

Anyway, from now on the SY's WILL keep phpbb upto date, won't you!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

:shock: You have more posts than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS CANNOT BE
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

Suspicious? I sometimes wish I had some sort of hacking skills... (I'd start by finding a way to hunt down hackers :evil: ) I just edited becuase after I noticed I had 1 postcount, then looked and everyone had very few, it struck me that postcounts were lost. And I think Admin postcounts might have dropped, just they retained ones from there private forums. (Good question... how did those survive? Maybe they were backed up by someone else, or were getting automatic backups)

Edit: And look! Your already taking the lead again!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

well for oen you need to get the actual difference between hacker cracker scriptkiddy into yourhead and secondly you need to realise that this si the internet and you can learn anythign you want as long as you look for it and keep at it. So you'd be hunting crackers and scriptkiddies.

And how come the posts in the news from before the backup dont count in the post counts?

Return to “News”