the "what we plan to do with NOTA" thread

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

nightcold

Post by nightcold »

bascily any disscution about the "future of nota" goes here, not in other threads

thoughts about maybe useing bob's models in a future nota remake...he already has most of T1 down, all we really need are nota ships with bob's style and a few other models he has no plan on makeing but are in nota...we can rebuild T2 from what he has already made/going to make(lets just admit it, nota T2 was never well thought out)...nota alreay has exellent fx and scripts, my guess there will not be much new scripting work/rework...

also, any thoughts about rebuilding the nota player base...i'am sure Ba people would love nota if they tried it a few times...maybe even the zk peeps could play nota when they are in the mood for diffrent gameplay....
Beherith

Re: the "what we plan to do with NOTA" thread

Post by Beherith »

Please refrain from using Mr. Bobs models until BA can get a proper release out and we complete Core.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

we should ask Mr.Bob first if you want to use his models
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

Beherith wrote:Please refrain from using Mr. Bobs models until BA can get a proper release out and we complete Core.
well this is all extream speculation at this point....no one will use bob's models without his permition/when the ba people are ready for other mods to use
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

ok
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

nightcold wrote:maybe even the zk peeps could play nota when they are in the mood for diffrent gameplay....
I think no. the balance is different. They won't play. They are not Godde

that is why we need unique units
smoth

Post by smoth »

ask yourself HONESTLY what NOTA has to offer when there are at LEAST 3 other TA mods people can play.

Don't expect it to pull ZK players, ZK no the same and you will not be able to offer what ZK can without years of work.

Look at gundam, see that shit? no one wants to play it, don't be like gundam. <- apply the above to kp, evo, s44, swiw whatever NON*A game.

NOTA has a great sea combat model.

Why not try and carry that aspect over to land combat?

even still, if you want to stand out, you will have to take a chance and possibly lose the TA fans.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

TA fans ? People who love D-Gun-ing evrything ?
smoth

Post by smoth »

People who think of NOTA as TA in 3d.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

smoth wrote:ask yourself HONESTLY what NOTA has to offer when there are at LEAST 3 other TA mods people can play.

Don't expect it to pull ZK players, ZK no the same and you will not be able to offer what ZK can without years of work.

Look at gundam, see that shit? no one wants to play it, don't be like gundam. <- apply the above to kp, evo, s44, swiw whatever NON*A game.

NOTA has a great sea combat model.

Why not try and carry that aspect over to land combat?

even still, if you want to stand out, you will have to take a chance and possibly lose the TA fans.
i don't mean to insult you, but unlike gundam...nota has a history of haveing significant player base, at one point it was the second most played mod in spring(second to ba)

gameplay wise, i would say that it is farther from TA/ba then ZK...it's gameplay is actually very unique for a spring game...epic pace that hardly exists anymore in spring (shared by EE) and nota has a very strict logic that most other mods lack..unit positioning and "in the moment" battel manegment plays a hige role....nota also has the most realistic combat/scale/pace out of all other ta mods....nota already stands out, and it has been standing out for some time now...nota's gameplay is already fine....

imo, all nota really needs to be a major mods again is some pulicity and look update...nota is already super solid as a mod/gameplay

nota dose not need to become zk to be popular

i personaly have a critique of why gundam never made it despite its huge publicity in spring...and it has nothing to do with how nice you models are(but you are know for you defensive flameing, so I'am not gana go there)
smoth

Post by smoth »

Not insulted, just see that you are very biased.
smoth wrote:ask yourself HONESTLY what NOTA
please don't lecture me on the history of projects in spring.

P.S. don't lace your post with passive barbs.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Im glad you moved you flamewars here. :lol:
smoth

Post by smoth »

what flamewars? is nightcold engaged in some other drama?

Return to “NOTA”