Vanguard: High trajectory damage boost?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

qray

Post by qray »

Hi.

I have a question: does the high trajectory setting for the ARM Vanguard increase the damage (as for Ambusher or Guardian)?
From the modinfo, it seems to me that this is not the case, but I am not sure...

Cheers, qray.
Senna

Re: Vanguard: High trajectory damage boost?

Post by Senna »

to make vanguards even more OP? hight traj vanguards are imo op, it makes defenses completely useless
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Yep..Vanguards were nerfed some time ago because they were very op.
Changelog 7.15 --> 7.16 wrote: - Arm Vanguard Energy cost increased (54739->82109).
- Arm Vanguard turret turn speed reduced 25%.
- Arm Vanguard Weapon reloadtime increased (4->6), damage increased (900->1100).
- Arm Vanguard Weapon area of effect reduced (256->192).
qray

Post by qray »

Thanks for the answers :-)
Senna wrote:to make vanguards even more OP? hight traj vanguards are imo op, ...
This means, the high trajectory is kind of useless (since it doesn't increase the damage) - except for shooting over high mountains...
Or did I get your answer wrong? :-o

P.S.: not suggesting to change anything, it was just a question out of interest.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Vanguards are already OP, I think a hp nerf is in order for them.
albator

Post by albator »

Beherith wrote:Vanguards are already OP, I think a hp nerf is in order for them.
I would say bantha is more op than vangard at the moment, especially since anti EMP bluff
Senna

Post by Senna »

albator wrote:
Beherith wrote:Vanguards are already OP, I think a hp nerf is in order for them.
I would say bantha is more op than vangard at the moment, especially since anti EMP bluff
Krog is also anti EMP
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Krog is easy to dgun. If you do it right your com can routinely survive after dgunning them.

Try doing that against 5 vanguards/banthas.
albator

Post by albator »

Senna wrote:
albator wrote:
Krog is also anti EMP
You can build mor than 2 bantha for 1 krog, and one of them is still ~100% hp if they fight a krog, plus they are much faster, have selfD explosion (2 bantha have together much more AoE explosion than krog)

I ve been telling that 100 times already
Senna

Post by Senna »

Cheesecan wrote:Krog is easy to dgun. If you do it right your com can routinely survive after dgunning them.

Yep krog is very easy to dgun, but 5 banthas cost same as 2 krog's
albator

Post by albator »

Senna wrote:
Cheesecan wrote:Krog is easy to dgun. If you do it right your com can routinely survive after dgunning them.

He meant 5 vang + 1 bantha. Damn was not it obvious ? or do you act like u dont knwo the number ?

For your information, "one bantha" or "1 bantha" or "bantha" or "1x1x1x1 bantha" is the same
Senna

Post by Senna »

albator wrote:
Senna wrote:

He meant 5 vang + 1 bantha. Damn was not it obvious ? or do you act like u dont knwo the number ?

For your information, "one bantha" or "1 bantha" or "bantha" or "1x1x1x1 bantha" is the same
lol read well he meant vanguards/banthas both plural! plural is not singular, well for some people plural its singular XD
Senna

Post by Senna »

And "Bantha" that alba talks, he thinks its op, well its his opinion but 5 vanguards cost as mutch as 1 bantha, and vanguard wins , problem is krog, it has only self d area cuz 5 vanguards keeping range can kill krog too, vanguard hp is also hight, 5x15k hp it gets 75k hp thats 13k more hp than bantha and 5k damage per second at 1200 range with big aoe
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

The Bantha heavy missile also hits air very well. I am not sure if that is intended.
qray

Post by qray »

Aren't these pure number comparisons a bit on the theoretical side?!
I don't know what types of games you are playing, but in the games I'm in there're not only 3rd level bots ... and the time at which opponents have them, size/terrain of the map, set up of attack and tactics (e.g. if sb. did go massively for air etc.) matters a lot, too.

Just a remark: when I used vanguards, they didn't seem very OP to me. Plasma deflectors to protect line of defence and crows counter them pretty well. And it's probably an quite personal point of view, but my feeling is that 1 Krog tears down an advanced stationary defence line more effective than 2 Banthas.
IMHO the bots are relatively well balanced as it is. If anything, I personally find a bit annoying that Krogs explode without self-d(!) so massively; but it seems, I'm the only one thinking this ...
Senna

Post by Senna »

qray wrote:Aren't these pure number comparisons a bit on the theoretical side?!
I don't know what types of games you are playing, but in the games I'm in there're not only 3rd level bots ... and the time at which opponents have them, size/terrain of the map, set up of attack and tactics (e.g. if sb. did go massively for air etc.) matters a lot, too.

Just a remark: when I used vanguards, they didn't seem very OP to me. Plasma deflectors to protect line of defence and crows counter them pretty well. And it's probably an quite personal point of view, but my feeling is that 1 Krog tears down an advanced stationary defence line more effective than 2 Banthas.
IMHO the bots are relatively well balanced as it is. If anything, I personally find a bit annoying that Krogs explode without self-d(!) so massively; but it seems, I'm the only one thinking this ...
Well im agreed with that but, Krog its made to shut down heavy defensive lines with self d area and then make a gap on the enemy defense for other stuff pass. but with vanguards u can easy kill all defenses on all angles, they just need its scouts and air protection, keep scouting the enemy and use well the vanguards then u will see how efective they are
qray

Post by qray »

Senna wrote:... with vanguards u can easy kill all defenses on all angles, they just need its scouts and air protection, keep scouting the enemy and use well the vanguards then u will see how efective they are
After this discussion, I used them a bit more often again and I agree: they can be really powerful.
But you have to scout (well, that's anyways a good idea) and you usually have to have air defence. Since they are so slow, you need in addition some more units to defend against a counter with smaller, faster ground units. And you probably need something (bombers, EMP missiles...) to disable plasma deflectors protecting the defence line...
Taking all this into account: I see that they are very effective but I still don't have the feeling that they are OP.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”