nexta

nexta

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Tim-the-maniac

nexta

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

XTAR v1.01 DOWNLOAD LINK

Changelog from v1.0:
  • Fixed some lua widgets/gadgets and added missing
  • Added avoidfeature=false to all weapon defs to restore previous behaviour
Changelog from v9.66:
  • Brawler and Rapier maxAngleDif [140->30]
  • Dragons teeth HP [2400/2550->210]
  • Dragons teeth given mass to avoid crushing with lower HP [400]
  • Hammer and Thud los [395.5->530]
  • Zeus HP [3100->3900]
  • Doomsday machine blue laser range [1700->1300]
  • Goliath accuracy [1100->900]
  • Hawk,Vamp,Freedom fighter,Avenger maxAngleDiff [120->50]
  • Mine cloak costs increased, in order of damage done they are now [7,10,15,20]
  • Removed satellite commander from upgrade chain
  • Unit defs and cegs are now in lua
  • Reclaiming is now gradual
--------------------------------------------

This thread is for feedback/suggestions for the new xta version I released with the version 9.8 (so people would give it a try. I will give it a different name to be fair to dnw who has been releasing the last couple of xta versions)

So I will compile a list here of fixes and balance changes for the next version.

Fixes:
game crashes when air trans carrying a unit dies (knorke has lua magic to fix I hear)
core_morty doesnt show up in-game (oops)
some missing sounds (chat notification at least)
FaerieWithBoots wrote:units to be able to get into the yethro's hitsphere making all unfriendliese not fire at it, noticed the same for flash
Balance issues:
raven needs some kind of nerf, probably accuracy
from Hermuld:
-decrease fire arc of t2 gunships - just some way to make them take slightly longer to target stuff
-remove t1 gunship flares (never had them)
remove satellite com (cause it self pwns?)

... feedback plz
Last edited by Tim-the-maniac on 02 Jan 2012, 21:00, edited 8 times in total.
FaerieWithBoots

Re: nexta

Post by FaerieWithBoots »

units to be able to get into the yethro's hitsphere making all unfriendliese not fire at it, noticed the same for flash
babbles

Post by babbles »

remove satellite comm and anything after it please
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I don't think there's a satellite commmander in any xta version, you probably mean the satelight comm? But why remove it? And what comes after it?
babbles

Post by babbles »

cos its crap and does more damage than it does good. And sniper comm comes after it...
Tim-the-maniac

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

Was the upgrade after satellite com added in a recent version? I have satellite com as the forth and final upgrade in my version. Removed it anyway.
Deadnight Warrior

Post by Deadnight Warrior »

Tim-the-maniac wrote:Was the upgrade after satellite com added in a recent version?
Babbles ment autoupgradable com's that get either a sniper rifle or sumo laser @ 1.2/1.4 XP. Details here

I rearanged those weapons a bit, now satellite strike is the last weapon in the bunch and it's a lot more accurate and does less damage/AoE, so it wont destroy your base when you hopelessly defend it with your commander (that's what happened in that one fatefull game when Shift D-Guned so many hovertanks that his commander actualy reached enough XP and started launching satellite missiles all over his base as it was crawling with more enemy hovertanks and AKs)
FaerieWithBoots wrote:units to be able to get into the yethro's hitsphere making all unfriendliese not fire at it, noticed the same for flash
I taken a detailed exam of T1 units' collision volumes. They are defined rather approximately (at the time Noruas did that there wasn't such a great tool as knorke's boxxy), so I'm improving them one by one (currently all T1 kbots are done).
MileyCyrus2

Post by MileyCyrus2 »

Cant we go back to the golden days of unupgradable commanders?
I'd even consider playing spring again..
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

There is such an option in XTA.

However, I prefer discretely upgradeable ones; it adds more tactical room.
Tim-the-maniac

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

MileyCyrus2 wrote:Cant we go back to the golden days of unupgradable commanders?
I'd even consider playing spring again..
I would like to remove them too but 2-3 players still want them. Keep in mind 2-3 players is like 25% of our current player base :)
I think defaulting to normal commanders and having upgradable coms as a mod option is good enough to allow you to play again?
MileyCyrus2

Post by MileyCyrus2 »

has sea been redone to some sort of normal state?
Tim-the-maniac

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

Nope, next on my list.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Tim-the-maniac wrote:XTAR v1.0 DOWNLOAD LINK

[*]Dragons teeth HP [2400/2550->210]
[*]Mine cloak costs increased, in order of damage done they are now [7,10,15,20]
so.. dragons teeth only block ~8 missiles then die? isn't that useless?

those mine cloaking costs are ridiculous. A better idea would be keep very low e cost values and nerf mine damage (which has always been too high)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:

[*]Mine cloak costs increased, in order of damage done they are now [7,10,15,20]

those mine cloaking costs are ridiculous. A better idea would be keep very low e cost values and nerf mine damage (which has always been too high)
+1

Of course it will never happen because someone always kicks up a fuss that they want to be able to strategically place a single mine that blows everything up, thinking if we nerf 1 mine then we nerf all mines.
Tim-the-maniac

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:

They worked quite well in the test games. Was playing against Babbles on the top side of TCP and it created an engaging battle. The dt were being destroyed just fast enough to keep the front line from stalemating. Keep in mind dt are still dirt cheap and fast to build. Even with large number of units firing at the dt lines only a few holes were poked through. Please give it a try.

About the mines, maybe yeah. No-one complained so far. I see them as becoming more useful as the game progresses. Late game is when you are low on micro time and so spending a lot to block certain entrances to your base becomes worth it. At that time E is plentiful anyway. Maybe its too high, please test =)
Tim-the-maniac

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

BTW, I am releasing using rapid too. I haven't managed to get a mutator+base to sync with the single archive so had to upload another full version to springfiles. Hopefully shouldn't be a problem with todays fast internet :]
knorke

Post by knorke »

pretty please:
nexta + normal xta = one xta
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

knorke

Post by knorke »

units are missing.
eg arti and flak from core t2 lab.
infolog is full of errors/warning about cegs, unit categories and bla
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

in my experience, manually upgradeable commanders are the single coolest thing in XTA for noobs (playing offline/against AI).

Return to “XTA”