animation art

animation art

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

MidKnight

Re: animation art

Post by MidKnight »

rhondda wrote:What is the best low cost 3D art/animation software for a beginner? Ive used Blender 3d but its interface is very complex. I have thought about buying bryce or carrara 5 would those be any better?
I use Blender myself. The interface may be complex, but it has nothing on tools like Maya's interfaces. My best advice would be "suck it in and learn Blender, you won't regret it."

Wings3D is another free modeler that's used a lot around here.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Basically every 3d program you can use is over-complex and it becomes worser the older they are, the moar features creep in (3dsmax and your kilometer long pluginbeard) ... if you want to do this right, there is no staying simple, because limiting your toolset will limit your abilitys (or slow you down so much it nearly comes to the same result)

My advice- start slow, just searching for the basic stuff you know (its vertex-editing) and acquire advabilitys later over time. Look always which part of your work takes the most time and advance there. Remember, your work-flow now may take more time (oh, the joy creating) then would the little hours of reading in(oh, the drain learning) and doing the same thing with advanced work processes.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Or use Wings3D to make the model and animate it in other Programm
Petah

Post by Petah »

Use POVray and do it all in code
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Yeah, sure, why start mountain climbing on small mountains, if you can travell to mount everrest and phail bigtime. Srsly, do we give advice here, or do we just troll on first sight?

Oh, wait its the spring board - i take that back.

Return to “Art & Modelling”