Problem installing SPADS on Linux with latest Spring revision

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

Pithikos

Post by Pithikos »

I also have some problem with installing Spads. I compiled spring and spring-dedicated from the git source. spring and spring-dedicated are located at /usr/local/bin/spring and the game by default is installed at /usr/local/share/games/spring

Then I ran the SpadsInstaller from my home directory and here is what I get:

Code: Select all

1/12 - Which SPADS release do you want to install (stable,testing,unstable,contrib) [testing] ? stable
NOTICE   - [SpadsInstaller] Components are up to date, proceeding with installation...
2/12 - Please enter the absolute path of the unitsync library (libunitsync.so) [] ? /usr/local/lib/libunitsync.so
NOTICE   - [SpadsInstaller] Generating Perl Unitsync interface module
3/12 - Please enter the absolute path of the spring dedicated server (spring-dedicated) [] ? /usr/local/bin/
3/12 - Please enter the absolute path of the spring dedicated server (spring-dedicated) [] ? /usr/local/bin/spring-dedicated
4/12 - Please enter the absolute path of the spring data directory (for maps, mods...) [] ? /usr/local/share/games/spring/
NOTICE   - [SpadsInstaller] Checking Perl Unitsync interface module
ERROR    - [SpadsInstaller] Unable to load Perl Unitsync interface module (Can't load './PerlUnitSync.so' for module PerlUnitSync: /usr/local/lib/libunitsync.so: undefined symbol: archiveScanner at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/DynaLoader.pm line 192, <STDIN> line 5.
 at PerlUnitSync.pm line 11
Compilation failed in require at (eval 10) line 2, <STDIN> line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 10) line 2, <STDIN> line 5.
All this under Debian Squeeze 32bit
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by bibim »

Which version of Spring did you compile/install ?
Pithikos

Post by Pithikos »

bibim wrote:Which version of Spring did you compile/install ?

Code: Select all

manos@debian:~$ spring -V
Spring 0.82+.4.0
Not sure if that is what you wanted. But I took the source from github yesterday(22th May) so it's the latest?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Yes, it's indeed the latest version in development (probably bugged and not compatible with current release), used by developers and testers only.

SPADS is supposed to be used with latest release of Spring (currently 0.82.7.X), which everyone on lobby server uses, not the version in development.
Pithikos

Post by Pithikos »

bibim wrote:Yes, it's indeed the latest version in development (probably bugged and not compatible with current release), used by developers and testers only.

SPADS is supposed to be used with latest release of Spring (currently 0.82.7.X), which everyone on lobby server uses, not the version in development.
Yes that makes a lot of sense :)
I now installed successfully Spads nonetheless. Thanks for the fast reply!

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”