Newbie question.

Newbie question.

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

asdf

Newbie question.

Post by asdf »

The nubtron tells me to build the Shield bot factory, but I can't; it's greyed out. Is that a bug or is it a problem with my Spring setup?

Re: Newbie question.

Post by 11041 »

FIVE DAYS?

wow, dead community? even your dedicated forums last post was ages ago.

in reply to OP's question though.
Nubtron is a very outdated tutorial (made before unlockables were implimented) so will still ask you to build units you havent unlocked.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Hm? Our dedicated forum is here: http://www.zero-k.info/Forum.mvc

Shieldbot factory was locked recently. You can unlock units by playing games, getting experience, and then trading your xp points on the website for unlocking units and commander parts to buy ingame. It was a system designed to help ease the learning curve and to encourage people to play (and as a bit of a side effect, 'solve' smurfing). Nubtron should probably be updated to recommend cloaky bot factory instead of shieldbot.
asdf

Post by asdf »

Do you need an account on ZK(or something) to trade your XP?
And do singleplayer games count, or do only online games count?
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

You dont need anything, but you need to play on springie-type autohosts to get XP.

To spend XP, login to http://zero-k.info site using your lobby account.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

You can open up a battleroom with zklobby, or else pm "!spawn mod=zk:stable" to Springie and add ai's to play single player and get xp.
asdf

Post by asdf »

Forgive me for asking so many silly questions, but how do you enter commands? If it matters, I'm using Linux and Springlobby.
Does it count if I use Springlobby to set up the Single Player round and AIs?
brodul

Post by brodul »

Hmm, from our point of view the ranking system sux. :( Our hacker-space is organizing open-source LAN/WAN parties. So there are many new players who don't have time registering, they just wanna sit and play.
And enjoy all the units.
So we have to fork the code and change the registering part or go back to BA. :|
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

brodul wrote:Hmm, from our point of view the ranking system sux. :( Our hacker-space is organizing open-source LAN/WAN parties. So there are many new players who don't have time registering, they just wanna sit and play.
And enjoy all the units.
So we have to fork the code and change the registering part or go back to BA. :|
This is one of the many reasons why unlocking basic stuff like Factories is a massive fail.

Unless there an unlocks toggle (which I hope there is)
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

brodul wrote:So there are many new players who don't have time registering, they just wanna sit and play.
It's same account as lobby, just a username and password, nothing more.
And enjoy all the units.
There is a mod option to disable unlocks.
exciter

Post by exciter »

SirMaverick wrote:
brodul wrote:So there are many new players who don't have time registering, they just wanna sit and play.
It's same account as lobby, just a username and password, nothing more.
And enjoy all the units.
There is a mod option to disable unlocks.

use

Code: Select all

!setoptions enableunlocks=0
to disable it ;-)
brodul

Post by brodul »

Nice. :-)
Thank you
asdf

Post by asdf »

But how do you set mod options(the "!setoptions enableunlocks=0")?
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

asdf wrote:Forgive me for asking so many silly questions, but how do you enter commands? If it matters, I'm using Linux and Springlobby.
Does it count if I use Springlobby to set up the Single Player round and AIs?
Sorry your questions have been neglected. I will try to clarify.

Only battles on Springie hosts will tally your experience points because these autohosts are tied to the ZK server.

On windows we have ZK lobby which, when a user creates a new game, spawns a Springie type autohost. As you are on Linux you must use Springlobby which is a client made by different developers. You can create personal battles using Springlobby's methods but they won't use Springie auothosts.

As luckywaldo had suggested, you can create a Springie autohost in a different way by doing this:
luckywaldo7 wrote:or else pm "!spawn mod=zk:stable" to Springie and add ai's to play single player and get xp.
What this means is, you'll need to log on to the multiplayer server and find the user Springie, and pm (private message) that command to it. This will manually spawn a new autohost for you with all the abilities that Springie has to offer.

The ZK Lobby is integrated with Springie so its users can right click on the playerlist to open up the modoptions and control them that way.

When you create your own multiplayer battleroom in Springlobby, you can change mod options using the interface. In SpringLobby there's a modoptions tab that you can use. However, if you want to use a Springie autohost, it won't work because Springie is the host of the battle, not you. Springlobby doesn't communicate to Springie (although it has its own relayhost system but that's not tied to the ZK database).

When people say to use "!setoptions somethingsomething" they are just giving you the direct Springie command to change the modoptions so you don't have to find it yourself. You can simply say this command in the battle to change the modoptions if you're in a Springie hosted battle, even in Springlobby.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions.

Return to “Zero-K”