Invasion AI

Invasion AI

Moderator: Content Developer

KDR_11k
Game Developer

Invasion AI

Post by KDR_11k »

Just for the hell of it I made an AI that's shamelessly copied from AI War Fleet Command though MUCH more primitive.

[url]http://kdr_11k.from-hell.net/KP%20Invasion.sdz[/url]

The only change is the addition of the Invasion AI. This is practically its own gamemode. Should probably be played with the Kill Homebase end condition.

The AI is completely passive, it will never attack or build buildings on its own (it will however build units with the buildings it has). However it will regularly announce a wave against a datavent held by the player (one wave per human player). The strength of these waves depend on the Intrusion Alert Level every player can see on the top of the screen.

Also these rules apply:
- The AI gets a minifac on every datavent and two additional homebases at the start of the game. Its homebases have 10x the regular HP. It will hit the unit limit within a few minutes so set that in a way that your CPU can handle.
- Destroying AI buildings will increase the Intrusion Alert Level, killing a homebase will have a large impact
- Building medium and heavy units (except the DoS) will also increase the IAL slightly (only integers are shown and the bonus here is in the decimals so you won't see it right away).
- Building superweapons gives a large IAL bonus (the Obelisk bonus is very low though)
- AI units patrol between its own buildings so you may need to destroy some to keep the patrols out of your base.

With a large IAL waves quickly become deadly so avoid increasing that unnecessarily!
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Invasion AI

Post by zwzsg »

It keeps spawning minifac in my homebase. Might want to fix that. I suppose you were using "choose start pos" and stayed away from datavent?

It can only be played on maps with datavent far apart, so you have a safe zone around your startpoint, or else you get attacked hard from the very start.
It will hit the unit limit within a few minutes so set that in a way that your CPU can handle.
Yeah, my CPU took a blow, plus the IA kept hitting unitlimit (I think that's the reason I got tons of "Error: Failed to spawn-dispatch team[1] Packet" error message).

And the wave announced never came (not sure if it's because of unitlimit or because of broken pathfinding). :|
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Re: Invasion AI

Post by KDR_11k »

zwzsg wrote:It keeps spawning minifac in my homebase. Might want to fix that. I suppose you were using "choose start pos" and stayed away from datavent?
Actually I'm playing with fixed start pos and just playing on a map with no vent under the start position. I guess there needs to be some logic to not spawn minifacs under homebases.

Waves should use any units of that type the AI has around, since it gets all types of minifacs and three homebases it should have plenty of units of almost every type, if the waves didn't come they probably got stuck. Try speccing and see if there are bunches of units of one type stuck somewhere.

Also I haven't done anything to make this AI properly deal with saves, that might be problematic too.

Return to “Kernel Panic”