#xta channel Op list - Page 3

#xta channel Op list

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

pintle

Re: #xta channel Op list

Post by pintle »

Ok first off, Basic plays shitloads more XTA than you, this is not your subforum to banish him from.

My resistance comes because individual "executive action", such as what you did in removing OPs, is precisely what led to XTA's decline, and something I am inherently strongly opposed to when it is a direct removal of tools from the community, leading to a consolidation based on what exactly, your criteria?

There has been 0 harm caused by the previous OP list, and therefore, in my perception at least, 0 precedent to justify it with.

You can S my D if you think you can kindly ask me to refrain from posting in a thread about removal of my op from a channel that I have used substantially more than you ever did.
Tim-the-maniac

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

lol why does a channel that contains no chat need a thread about admins?
just make the most regular players op so they can change the topic for new releases and tourneys. if you dont know the most regular players then you shouldnt be top admin
Gota

Post by Gota »

AF wrote:Go back to your own subforum!
Your acting like what your doing is actually nessesary.
Its good you are motivated to help XTA but dont you think a much better use of your time would be making an XTA installer and a dedicated website?Advertising XTA?or how about actually fixing it's issues yourself and releasing a good version?
Releasing a fixed version would take roughly as much time as revamping the op list in the XTA channel.

If i cared a lot or was even able to properly connect to the lobby that would be the first thing i'd do.
scifi

Post by scifi »

Actualy it was me who had server acess, and hacked betalord acount.

though i reported it and they fixed it :wink:

anyways why all of this, just get people that are active in xta, get active CoW people, those SNTT guys, CoX guys the remaining RoXians e.t.c....

Doesnt really mater who they are as loong as theyr active and somewhat responsible (no need to be very picky).

Tbh there hasnt really been that huge channel abuses and trolling in XTA channel.

btw AF how was that TA3D lobby, battlehub thing
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Your forgetting the two points:
  • I was the one who gave people op in the first place, so I do know how things worked, I've been the founder of that channel for years, so Im not some clueless new arrival.
  • It wasnt me who raised the subject of op in #xta in the first place, it was actually Babbles, and he had reason to ask, so this is not an uncalled for act on my own part.
And my post to Gota was light hearted banter

As for:
You can S my D if you think you can kindly ask me to refrain from posting in a thread about removal of my op from a channel that I have used substantially more than you ever did.
You are already listed as op in the channel, and the only requirement was that you made it known you were still alive, and that nobody objected, which was a foregone conclusion anyway.
det

Post by det »

AF, Why not just make Noraus the founder of #xta and let him decide the ops. I don't really see you being connected to the XTA community much.
knorke

Post by knorke »

ive put knorkebot in the springie xta autohost and so the intertubes will it will stay online for the next few hours.
it makes game statistics.
if any op opposes to that just kick and tell.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

[PRO]Jools
Citrus

Post by Citrus »

Citrus
babbles

Post by babbles »