1v1 Kernel Panic Tournament - Sunday 1st August

Subforum for the organization and gathering of competitive players to talk about the opportunities for competitive play. Post all tournaments notifications here.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

As promised, here is the first of my tournaments I'll be hosting. This one is a 1vs1 Kernel Panic Tournament which will be held on Sunday the 1st of August.

Game: Kernel Panic
Maps:
Round 1: Data Cache
Round 2: Corrupted Core
Finals Part 1: Digital Divide
Finals Part 2: Central Hub
Players: Any good equal tournament number with a cap of 16 players if it gets that far.
Rounds: The number of rounds will depend on the players, but the 1v1 games will be best of three.
Replays: Every game played will need to be uploaded to http://replays.adune.nl/ or in a zip folder here.
Rules: Seeing as KP is pretty limited, we won't be needing any rules unless somebody learns how to lab-drop.
Time: Sunday 1st of August, starting at approximately 5:00PM GMT but may change on the date depending on the situation.

I'll register people wherever I see, they can post here, PM me in the lobby ([Fx]Droid (not Drone ¬_¬ ) or Jazcash) or drop me a PM here on the forums. Registration will be stopped 3 or 4 minutes before the tournament begins so we can get as many players as possible.

If people register but don't turn up at the tourney on the day, then byes will be issued accordingly and you will be slapped across the face with a large Peewee the following day.

Well, I think that's everything. Any queries or information, feel free to drop me a line or whatever it is cool people say.

Godde won :mrgreen:
Last edited by Jazcash on 01 Aug 2010, 21:20, edited 24 times in total.
Pxtl

Re: 1v1 Kernel Panic Tournament - Sunday 1st August

Post by Pxtl »

What time is the first round? I may have to see if I can clear my schedule.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

So, are these battles not going to be committed to the ladder?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Pxtl wrote:What time is the first round? I may have to see if I can clear my schedule.
I set it to 5:00PM GMT/(UK Time?) but I have all that Sunday afternoon after 2:00PM so anywhere between 2:00PM - 10:00AM that day. Would be better to have it in the afternoon rather than evening though.
Nedders wrote:So, are these battles not going to be committed to the ladder?
Well, I never really thought about it. Ideally, we could have a bunch of bots specifically dedicated to Tournaments for the coming weeks. Maybe somebody could set something up? They could be renamed on the tourney day to the specific tourney they'll be used for.

They could read players from a tourney database and all players not on that database but in the game would be auto-specced. They would have a map rotation setup so they only use the maps in the tourney for the tourney days.

That way, when the next round commences, a simple !nextmap would be all it takes instead of having bots without the map and trying to get them to download them.

These bots would also have ladderbot in or whatever.

I remember you used to have a few autohosts up Neddie, maybe you could help out?
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Bots don't need the map to host the game.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

CarRepairer wrote:Bots don't need the map to host the game.
No, I mean, last time, we had to use relays and human hosts because we spent ages trying to get autohosts to download a map they didn't have.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I will look into hosting here, but I cannot and will not get your hopes up unnecessarily.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Good initiative!

Maps: Take care of Quad Core, the lane jams so easily I'm afraid a balanced game could turn in a stalemate there.

Rules: What are the mod options allowed? Default only I suppose?

Times: Sunday 31st of August, 5:00PM, ok, but what time zone?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

zwzsg wrote:Good initiative!

Maps: Take care of Quad Core, the lane jams so easily I'm afraid a balanced game could turn in a stalemate there.

Rules: What are the mod options allowed? Default only I suppose?

Times: Sunday 31st of August, 5:00PM, ok, but what time zone?
I'm not a KP expert, so maybe you could suggest what maps would be best for which rounds and which mod settings would be the most appropriate for a 1v1 tourney?

The time is GMT or UK time. Oh I just realised that GMT has no daylight saving time which makes sense so just not to confused anybody, it'll stay at 5:00PM GMT which is 6:00PM in the UK.
I'll be on from 2:00PM onwards so we might be able to start sooner or might have to wait till later.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

If some games are going to be manually hosted, best stick with default settings. Except for one thing: Use random start position! Not chosen start position!

16 players, so 4 rounds, right?

I'd suggest:
Round 1: Data Cache
Round 2: Corrupted Core
Round 3: Digital Divide
Round 4: Central Hub

You can get all KP maps + the last KP mod in one big zip at: http://jobjol.nl/1684
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

At least for the finals it's nicer to have more than 1 game though. Take 3 of those for example, and switch between first rounds, then all 3 for finals - unless you want some earlier rounds to be a series too.

Might not be too bad to make all matches bo3 actually, KP games might not take that long especially when most participants will probably not be very experienced at it
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

zwzsg wrote:If some games are going to be manually hosted, best stick with default settings.
Sorry, I should have probably said that what I mean by hosting is running the tournament and organising it all. For hosting we can either use KP autohosts if there are any or if not we could use relay hosts.
forest_devil

Post by forest_devil »

topic says 1st of august and the post says 31st. which is correct?
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Sunday is the 1st so probably that
Gota

Post by Gota »

Could someone arrange an autohost for KP(OP)?how can there be a tourney if nobody is playing it.
If it has an autohost a least people can play it,remember it,learn it.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Two days ago, KP was added to SpringDownloader's quickmatch system. You can now KP quickmatch! You can also host games easily.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

CarRepairer wrote:Two days ago, KP was added to SpringDownloader's quickmatch system. You can now KP quickmatch! You can also host games easily.
That's not the only thing that happened to SD two days ago. Two days ago, SD decided to prompt a setup installer which trigged my AV, crashed, and locked up my system. I had to reboot manually.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

I want in. I am devastating at this game.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

So what side is best on which map

Network for big ones and System for small maps?
Or well... Does anybody know how to properly play this game :D
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Sunday is a bad time. Play on Saturday. I would join if it was Saturday.

Return to “Tournaments”