Balanced Annihilation V7.12 - Page 7

Balanced Annihilation V7.12

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

TradeMark

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.12

Post by TradeMark »

Mav wrote:From the OTA manual:
ÔÇ£HurricaneÔÇØ Strategic Bomber
Cost: 220 metal, 8050 energy
The Hurricane is a powerful bomber that can level buildings and wipe out units with equal ease. It is armed with a secondary light laser that helps fight off enemy fighters. Remember to repair your Hurricanes between sorties, as they are a big investment.
ÔÇ£PhoenixÔÇØ Strategic Bomber
Cost: 209 metal, 7624 energy
The Phoenix is ARMÔÇÖs most powerful bomber. Armed with heavy armor and defensive lasers, it is able to defend itself against enemy fighters and survive tough AA defenses. ItÔÇÖs a good idea to repair these expensive bombers after every sortie.
manual says lots of shit, but that wasnt true at all, it couldnt shoot air, or if it could, it missed 99% of the times. It was only good for ground units... And ARM was good for air units.
Mav

Post by Mav »

Nah, it totally could, and was plenty accurate. Not only that, it fired at ground units if there were no air units around. As you flew over the enemy base you not only bombed them, you strafed them too. Pretty awesome.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

yeah that was awesome...

maybe it was changed in AA, since i remember whining to devs and then it was changed to what it is now...
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

TradeMark wrote:yeah that was awesome...

maybe it was changed in AA, since i remember whining to devs and then it was changed to what it is now...
iirc Caydr did it as a means of faction differentation. One faction gets the uber-bomber, and the other gets the self-defending bomber.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Tier 2 bombers were a sight to behold in OTA.

Bombs everywhere, and laser blasts from their turrets everywhere :D
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

XTA still has it
Kixu

Post by Kixu »

Vans need -4k hp imo, so they are still tough but not quite so tough.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

I think vanguards are pretty fun as they are

Much more interesting to play with or against, than most other late game strats
albator

Post by albator »

Kixu wrote:Vans need -4k hp imo, so they are still tough but not quite so tough.
I could not agree more

3000k metal and 18k hp, it is 6hp/m which the ratio of a tank unit, not a support unit (best range of all the mobil ground unit btw), the reason why it is so op and can kill any other t3 units (metal equivalent speaking)
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Caydr had originally intended the Vanguard to be an unorthodox artillery unit - place it on high terrain to shell lower targets with impunity. In the current form, it's just a long-ranged all-terrain assault unit. Now, I'm not sure Caydr's idea was the best, but it was definitely more interesting than just being a bigger version of the assault spiders.
Mav

Post by Mav »

albator wrote:
Kixu wrote:Vans need -4k hp imo, so they are still tough but not quite so tough.
I could not agree more

3000k metal and 18k hp, it is 6hp/m which the ratio of a tank unit, not a support unit (best range of all the mobil ground unit btw), the reason why it is so op and can kill any other t3 units (metal equivalent speaking)
They also require a ton of support. Kargs and Razorbacks have good AA. Vanguards do not, which is their biggest weakness. I played a neat 4v4v4v4 the other day, and it came down to my team vs. Kixu's team. Dammit, I spammed Vanguards and he just stunned them with T2 Transports. I sent AA in but all AA units are relatively weak and would get killed by the stuff trying to kill the vanguards.

Meh, I could see them using a slight HP nerf, but honestly they are so easy to stop with unit spam or air that if you know how to counter them, they're not OP.
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

Maybe the turret/unit turnrate of the Vanguard should be lowered, so that they are more vulnerable to spam and flanking.

Speaking of which, the turret turnrate buff (happened a while ago) of the Vulcan/Buzzsaw is pretty ridiculous imo. It just looks silly and it's not that these weapons or UP anyway.
Gedanken

Post by Gedanken »

Jazcash wrote:Conclusion: New players shouldn't be allowed to make judgements.
He's not a new player
caldera

Post by caldera »

core fusions seem to cause heavy performance issues. I added about 20 of them via cheat command and the fps dropped from around 60 to 4-20, depending on the view. Can someone verify this?
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

20 corfus also halves my fps from 90 to 45. But I play with LUPS off since I use the multithreaded build.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

please fix for latest master this mod.
no spawn commander
Lua error messages (eg when airplane created)
.. just test and fix it.
it is a pain to test, cause you always have to make sure everyone uses the same version of all the spawn workaround.

edit:

Code: Select all

[  13846] LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, UnitCreated, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_air_plants.lua"]:62: Unsafe attempt to change game state
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'GiveOrderToUnit'
	[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_air_plants.lua"]:62: in function 'UnitCreated'
	[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:1220: in function <[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:1218>
	(tail call): ?
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

hoijui wrote:please fix for latest master this mod.
no spawn commander
Lua error messages (eg when airplane created)
.. just test and fix it.
it is a pain to test, cause you always have to make sure everyone uses the same version of all the spawn workaround.

edit:

Code: Select all

[  13846] LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, UnitCreated, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_air_plants.lua"]:62: Unsafe attempt to change game state
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'GiveOrderToUnit'
	[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_air_plants.lua"]:62: in function 'UnitCreated'
	[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:1220: in function <[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:1218>
	(tail call): ?
I'll take a look today..
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

Any progress?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

wow tfc is alive :V
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

This test version should be fixed (added bonus - should also not error out on the MT build with default lua settings).

http://consternationstation.com/files/BA713beta.sd7

Please let me know if anything else comes up in testing on new Spring (not certain coop mode wont be broken by the spawn changes, not able to properly test without a hosted game).

Thanks!

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”