Bugfix release: Spring 0.81.2.1

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

A small update that should fix the most annoying bugs at present, including:
  • wrong teamcolor used when rendering,
  • broken (small) rendering of build menu and other things when using in particular minimap widgets or 'tab view'.
Credits go to Kloot, Auswaschbar and hoijui for investigating and fixing these issues. Also I'd like to thank anyone else that was in one way or another involved with the changes that ended up in this release :-)

Download links:
And a final note for game developers: do not forget to adapt your game to the next major version of Spring.
See the threads for details.

Have fun!
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Re: Bugfix release: Spring 0.81.2.1

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

This seems to have fixed the teamcolor issues in the game I'm working on.

A thousand thanks! :-)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

+1
admrljrk

Post by admrljrk »

The Ubuntu 8.10 repository you provide has not been updated with the latest release (it is at 0.80.5), which means I cannot play online multiplayer. :(

Who is the best person to let know about this?

I really want to be able to play online without having to upgrade my OS or build Spring from source.

Thanks,
admrljrk
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

the Linux repositories are managed by different persons. as you can imagine, it is only really possible to maintain a repository if you are using the OS, otherwise, it would be too much hassle -> it is not done by engine devs, with a few exceptions. we do have volunteers for many OS, also for Ubuntu, but usually they run the latest versions only, and therefore also update only these, or if you are lucky, latest-1. This is the case for Ubuntu too. So .. you could volunteer to be a repository maintainer for Ubuntu 8.10, or try to find one. though... i have to say this makes little sense, as 8.04 is the LTS release, and now it will be 10.04 (or "is" already). I also remember 8.04 as being more reliable then 8.10.
In short: chances are really low you will find anyone maintaining the spring repo for 8.10. As additionally, it is also usually more time intensive, as you will have more missing dependencies in older OS versions for new spring engine releases.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

tnktnk wrote:The download links for Windows installer is broken, please check. Thanks.
Which one? All 4 links for windows on http://springrts.com/wiki/Download work for me.

Return to “News”