Current Progress on Blade UI for XTA - Page 3

Current Progress on Blade UI for XTA

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

luckywaldo7

Re: Current Progress on Blade UI for XTA

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Spawn_Retard wrote:So ill ask again, I can turn this shit off right?

As of now i want to be able to use my own UI, because im really not getting the impression i will like what your doing (infact the complete opposite of what i like about UI in spring.)

And as for this disabling of widgets, is this globally understood?

Because i don't remember being able to vote for this, and I'd really rather keep using my own widgets. (i can turn off my comnnap one)

If your seriously limiting people to using mod side widgets and gadgets then look at the CA forum and all the BAWWWW about not being able to use widgets individuals use.

and PLEASE don't tell me your disabling them to make it "fair" for noobs, because i've seen this happen to many games and it just ends up pissing off the older players.

but by all means make XTA CA, i've sat through that ending up becoming terrible.
You can use your own widgets in CA.

And aren't points made by widgets whisper by default now? The comnap warning widget shouldn't be a bother to anyone anymore.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Let me reiterate that this is not a repackaging of the spring UI

Sorry gota for not addressing your point. Definitely a good idea, and while my original intentions were not to overhaul that part of the interface, I certainly can see that being a good long term goal. What I find is that the current point system works ok, the only thing I am doing initially is making a small notification system. Messages like "point x" and "unit x is under attack" will appear in the bottom right of the screen and fade away. Separating them from the chat and giving them slightly more presence on the screen will give them more meaning. I also intend to remove the ability to spam points, with a 1 point per second limit.

I am not sure what to do about disabling blade entirely. Initially blade was just the framework for the UI of ANTS, but that project is on hold for the moment since a few of the members of the project are otherwise occupied. The point of putting blade into xta is to consolidate the various lua, and make it more user friendly. Perhaps there can be a mod option that enables user lua and disables blade, so people who are resistant to modernizing can use the lua they have collected over the years.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

I would do it so that you can either use blade, or disable it and use some other widget ui that is packaged with the mod too, be it iceui or redui or current xta ui, and give that some customisability, with good range of mod-packaged widgets that are considered fair to use.

That should please most people I guess, unless they desperately must have their comnap warning or autoskirm widgets
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Well, heres the thing, Blade pretty much includes everything you need. This is why this thread sucks, people are complaining about something thats not even finished yet. Lets maybe hold of this discussion until a later date.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

Tribulex wrote: Messages like "point x" and "unit x is under attack" will appear in the bottom right of the screen and fade away.
good idea, check this "oh-whats-happen-on-the-minimap"-widget (sorry dunno name)

edit:
Well, heres the thing, Blade pretty much includes everything THAT you THINK WE need.
now its correct, i mean i like the long-term goal, like in ca, with the ingame menu, but if u dont like that menu u suffer, coz u have to fit in all the new stuff and vets dont like to get along with new stuff
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

what do you mean by ingame menu?

also just fyi there is no loss of functionality. Just a decrease in clicks, increase in intuitiveness, and increase of screen real estate.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

can i ask this again, will i be able to turn this shit off and have my own UI?
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

Spawn_Retard wrote:can i ask this again, will i be able to turn this shit off and have my own UI?
yes and if not, somebody will release a *fixed* version
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

[quote="Tribulex"]Perhaps there can be a mod option that enables user lua and disables blade, so people who are resistant to modernizing can use the lua they have collected over the years.[/quote]
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

so by default i have to play with it, even if i dont like it?

that sounds epic.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Finally you see the light!
Regret

Post by Regret »

Tribulex wrote:modernizing
That's a good one.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

what are you saying im joking?

Open up spring, then open up supreme commander, OR EVEN WARZONE 2100 and tell me spring ui is "modern"
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

yes, its called iceui and i like it
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

it's cool guys, i spoke to noruas last night, and he hasnt seen any progress on this, and thinks its kinda vaporware, and even then he has to like it and think most of the community would like it before implementing it.

And last but not least, IT would be a mod option, not the default.

Noruas says (23:29):
it will be his embarrasment if he fails

good luck jimmy boy.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

how can i fail? I AM YOUR GOD!
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

edit: meh, nvm