Spring Teamspeak server replaced with Mumble - Page 2

Spring Teamspeak server replaced with Mumble

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Licho
Zero-K Developer

Re: Spring Teamspeak server replaced with Mumble

Post by Licho »

Anyone who wants? Its open source, sources are on svn://caspring.org/
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Okay I was having some trouble finding them, so here's the sources for SpringDownloader: http://trac.caspring.org/browser/trunk/ ... /CaUpdater

(You may want to consider renaming that directory since it hasn't been CAUpdater for what, a year?)
det

Post by det »

el_matarife wrote:Okay I was having some trouble finding them, so here's the sources for SpringDownloader: http://trac.caspring.org/browser/trunk/ ... /CaUpdater

(You may want to consider renaming that directory since it hasn't been CAUpdater for what, a year?)
Yes, it is poorly named. Someone should fix it.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Here's a URL documenting the command line method for starting Mumble and joining a server: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/URLs

With this I'm hoping I can just swap out the TS portion with Mumble, but I probably won't be in front of a copy of Visual Studio till Monday at least.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Replaced with Mumble, just in time to be made obsolete by... Teamspeak. Epic.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Caydr wrote:Replaced with Mumble, just in time to be made obsolete by... Teamspeak. Epic.
Mumble is way better than Teamspeak or Ventrilo. Use Mumble 1.2.0 for a week and you'll never want to switch to anything else.

Teamspeak and Ventrilo have both had their respective "version 3" under development for almost two years now and they're both still in beta. Mumble has taken the feature lead and is running away with it.

I'm also willing to bet Mumble has way better support for Linux and OSX.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

el_matarife wrote:
Caydr wrote:Replaced with Mumble, just in time to be made obsolete by... Teamspeak. Epic.
Mumble is way better than Teamspeak or Ventrilo. Use Mumble 1.2.0 for a week and you'll never want to switch to anything else.

Teamspeak and Ventrilo have both had their respective "version 3" under development for almost two years now and they're both still in beta. Mumble has taken the feature lead and is running away with it.

I'm also willing to bet Mumble has way better support for Linux and OSX.
The TeamSpeak 3 Beta was released on December 19th 2009. That's not even 8 days, forget about 2 years.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

We switched over from TS to Mumble about half a year ago (we had Ventrilo for some time too) and we are very pleased.
I did not test TS3 yet, so where is it better than Mumble?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

very_bad_soldier wrote:We switched over from TS to Mumble about half a year ago (we had Ventrilo for some time too) and we are very pleased.
I did not test TS3 yet, so where is it better than Mumble?
Just try it and you'll see.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Try harder... :regret:
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Pff it lacks plenty of mumble's features (like overlay) and its not even open source..
And some features touted in TS3 as new (3d positioning) exist in mumble and can even be integrated with in-game positions.

So yeah you have to try MUCH harder.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

JAZCASH wrote:The TeamSpeak 3 Beta was released on December 19th 2009. That's not even 8 days, forget about 2 years.
I mean it has been on version 2 promising version 3 for YEARS now, since 2004 at least: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=newsarch ... t=20040310

The first uses of version 3 were July 2008 even: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=newsarch ... t=20080701
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Well there you go. I'd prefer to use something which has been worked on for years rather than some crap a couple a guys threw together during lunch.
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

JAZCASH wrote:Well there you go. I'd prefer to use something which has been worked on for years rather than some crap a couple a guys threw together during lunch.
so why are you playing spring?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Brain Damage wrote:
JAZCASH wrote:Well there you go. I'd prefer to use something which has been worked on for years rather than some crap a couple a guys threw together during lunch.
Jokes can sometimes make people look like idiots. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and laugh. LOL.
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

JAZCASH wrote:
Brain Damage wrote:
Jokes can sometimes make people look like idiots. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and laugh. LOL.
considering the fact that you've made an entire thread about "teamspeak 3 is awesome" I can safely assume you weren't joking and this last post is the last attempt to to save your pride by attacking me instead.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Well if you're being serious which I doubt, you're basically saying Spring hasn't been worked on for like 10 years or w/e which it has? I'm confused...

That's the reason I like Spring, it's been worked on and has a lot of depth and it's still being worked on now. It's not just been made and ditched by the devs like a lot of games.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Det has upgraded mumble on server to 1.20
If you upgrade from previous version of mumble, go to settings->audio input and set quality to 40kbit/s and buffer to 20ms

These are defaults of new mumble.
mmaura66

Post by mmaura66 »

Hello,

It s not possible to register,
When trying to register :

Code: Select all

Fatal error: ServerInterface_ice::addUser() [<a href='serverinterface-ice.adduser'>serverinterface-ice.adduser</a>]: unknown operation registerPlayer invoked on proxy of type ::Murmur::Server in /home/chris/Mumble_PHP_Interface/classes/ServerInterface.php on line 234
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Registration is no longer needed ,new mumble uses certificates so it creates registered account automagically.

Return to “General Discussion”