Communication problems between SPADS and spring-dedicated

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

SkyStar
Engines Of War Developer

Post by SkyStar »

Should there be any problems running the autohost on the same computer that will be using it?

I cant seem to make autohost commands work from in-game (such as !stop or !force), and in the battle lobby the autohost tells me:
Killing Spring process (by SkyStar)
AutoHost shutdown scheduled (reason: SIGTERM signal received)
(after using !stop in the battle lobby while the game was running, nothing happened)

and on game-end (It always ends like this no matter what)
ERROR - [SPADS] Spring crashed (premature end, return status:256, running time: 2 minutes and 58 seconds)
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by bibim »

SkyStar wrote:Should there be any problems running the autohost on the same computer that will be using it?
No.
SkyStar wrote:I cant seem to make autohost commands work from in-game (such as !stop or !force), and in the battle lobby the autohost tells me:
Killing Spring process (by SkyStar)
AutoHost shutdown scheduled (reason: SIGTERM signal received)
(after using !stop in the battle lobby while the game was running, nothing happened)
It seems spring-dedicated can't communicate with the autohost, as if the port was filtered by a firewall or opened by another application...
SkyStar wrote:and on game-end (It always ends like this no matter what)
ERROR - [SPADS] Spring crashed (premature end, return status:256, running time: 2 minutes and 58 seconds)
"premature end" means spring-dedicated process has ended but the SERVER_QUIT message hasn't been received on the autohost interface (so, same problem as above). Can you check your logs (stdout.txt, stderr.txt, var/log/spads.log, var/log/spring-dedicated.log ...) ?

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”