"Best" players - Page 2

"Best" players

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

pintle

Re: "Best" players

Post by pintle »

Tim-the-maniac wrote:love the comentary who is it?

@babbles
who gets annoyed? I find the ba players (steve, basic, sab) to be the only ones who dont complain. Its pretty much just a 'gg' always. but with xta players its often a list of excuses which i find quite funny :)

Well I have a clear memory of a LOT of BA players trying XTA, failing spectacularly, complaining that the balance is not BA, then not coming back. This is often exacerbated by Babbles humiliating them with his commander, a jammer, and 3 dragon's teeth...

The "list of excuses" I can only see referring to me saying "no I don't want to 1v1, I'm very high"... and honestly cannot think of what else you are basing that on. Nobody in the XTA community is anywhere near uptight enough about their 1v1 skills/rank to make excuses...
Gota

Post by Gota »

No point in doing all the xta vs ba playerbase thing IMO.
Everyone has his bad or good moments.
Thing is XTA,at least IMO,hasn't been stress tested anywhere close to how much BA was and XTA has undergone substantial changes which contributes even more to fears that some units might be way off.

I cant say if it is so because,again,i haven't played XTA 1v1 games anywhere close to how much I played BA or even,SA 1v1s.

I'm just saying that,IMO XTA has bigger chances of having unbalanced units.
If XTA gets more 1v1 play any balance bumps it MIGHT have will be smoothed out.
I wish more people would not be embarrassed or reluctant to play 1v1 games.
And of course i hope XTA gets a stable dev if its Noruas or someone else.
Would be a shame to see XTA deteriorate cause of lack of maintenance as the engine moves forward.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Gota wrote:No point in doing all the xta vs ba playerbase thing IMO.
Everyone has his bad or good moments.
Thing is XTA,at least IMO,hasn't been stress tested anywhere close to how much BA was and XTA has undergone substantial changes which contributes even more to fears that some units might be way off.

I cant say if it is so because,again,i haven't played XTA 1v1 games anywhere close to how much I played BA or even,SA 1v1s.

I'm just saying that,IMO XTA has bigger chances of having unbalanced units.
If XTA gets more 1v1 play any balance bumps it MIGHT have will be smoothed out.
I wish more people would not be embarrassed or reluctant to play 1v1 games.
And of course i hope XTA gets a stable dev if its Noruas or someone else.
Would be a shame to see XTA deteriorate cause of lack of maintenance as the engine moves forward.
Flash/gator/pw/ak balance changed substantially recently, with very little testing.

Floris made a test build reverting the majority of the changes, and that are being tested atm.

I'm not trying to cast BA players vs XTA, quite the opposite, I often ask BA players for 1v1s, don't have much luck. I would greatly appreciate more competitive level players giving XTA the time that I feel it deserves :P
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Okay noobs, new list. Apparently we all agree that babs and i are the best xta players. Now here is a list of all the uberg00d xta players (if i forgot you let me know) IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
  • Babbles
  • Pintle
  • Tribulex
  • Noruas
  • Dojeh
  • Floris (he is dutch, maek smurf, etc....)
  • Ray (ish)
  • Manolo
As far as 1v1 goes, im pretty predictable (minelayers or comdrop in base), but yes i agree that Babbles, Pintle, and Noruas are the most interesting to watch.

tbh my fav XTA players are Noruas and Babbles, because they understand the game and know how to win it using all the units they have at hand. Srsly epic to watch them. Pintle too only he is more conerned with winning and less concerned with epicness
Gota

Post by Gota »

What is epicness?
babbles

Post by babbles »

Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Gota dont worry about it.
pintle

Post by pintle »

I think I chose my words badly earlier, and was quite rude to Ray. He is imo one of the most skilled ppl I have seen playing XTA.

I guess what I was aiming to say was that his recent form (as I had seen it) did not represent his potential.
det

Post by det »

After beating Basic (widely reguarded as the best XTA player) 5-0, I declare myself the undisputed champion of XTA!
pintle

Post by pintle »

By "widely" do you mean "not"?
mongus

Post by mongus »

For the best player of xta, refer to the king titles, update your name there if necessary.

Gota, epicness is a misnomer for beating noobs with a dgun.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

pintle wrote:I think I chose my words badly earlier, and was quite rude to Ray. He is imo one of the most skilled ppl I have seen playing XTA.

I guess what I was aiming to say was that his recent form (as I had seen it) did not represent his potential.
He is rusty, but i have faith.
det wrote:After beating Basic (widely reguarded as the best XTA player) 5-0, I declare myself the undisputed champion of XTA!
CongratulationsNOT, you beat a Yan.
pintle wrote:By "widely" do you mean "not"?
Yeah, he was obviously drunk, or thinking about some noobmod, not XTA.
mongus wrote:<span>For the best player of xta, refer to [url=<a href="http://springrts.com/wiki/KoXTA]the" class="smarterwiki-linkify">http://springrts.com/wiki/KoXTA]the</a> king titles[/url], update your name there if necessary.</span>

Gota, epicness is a misnomer for beating noobs with a dgun.
Mongus, WELCOME TO 2009! HELLO I AM THE INTERNETS LET ME GIVE YOU A TOUR. XTA COMMUNITY IS DYING, NORUAS AND I ARE STAGING A REVOLUTION TO NECRO IT, ITS NO LONGER FASHIONABLE TO LINK TO OUTDATED WIKI PAGES, AND NOW YOU CAN UPGRADE YOUR COMMANDER.

and here is an ANGRYSURPRISEDFACE >:O
mongus

Post by mongus »

Shuddup troll, commander upgrade is OP.

KING OF XTA
KING OF XTA
KING OF XTA

man, you are in charge?
mh... how? why does god hate us.
How does a toll that is far away from enligthment in this mod, be in charge?
Answer, because, he is a good developper. (oreally?)
and you are not the internet, you are just a servant of its evil.

in other news.

have you ever compared spring graphics to those of a contemporary rts game?
we are so far away.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

det wrote:Basic (widely reguarded as the best XTA player)
bullshit

here is a list of players you have to beat to be able to call yourself "the best xta player":

pintle
ray
floris
me
sabutai
queles
babbles
janid
seba
noruas (maybe... he is prolly extremely rusty)
ivory_king (see above >_> )

have i forgotten anybody?

now, if you can beat every one of them in a 1v1 (and i dont mean stuff like "i've played a game vs you a year ago and won") then you'll be truly our hero and the best xta player.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Also you have to beat me 1v1 icy run :P
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Get a ladder already, jesus.
(Oh who is that up the top there, the only player with over 2000 points, and 50 points more than anyone else? Who is that astounding player of undeniable skill which could hold such a position given such strong opposition. Oh. Its me you say? Me? Really? Oh well im flattered, truly. But really, who else is it going to be?)

KOXTA (ha-ha, Cockster) or just arguing among yourselves is inferior to just ladder ranking every single game.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Saktoth wrote:Get a ladder already, jesus.
(Oh who is that up the top there, the only player with over 2000 points, and 50 points more than anyone else? Who is that astounding player of undeniable skill which could hold such a position given such strong opposition. Oh. Its me you say? Me? Really? Oh well im flattered, truly. But really, who else is it going to be?)

KOXTA (ha-ha, Cockster) or just arguing among yourselves is inferior to just ladder ranking every single game.
Thats not a proper ladder is it?
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

JohannesH wrote:
Saktoth wrote:Get a ladder already, jesus.

Thats not a proper ladder is it?
It's a ladder that tracs teamgames and FFA. The most rank is gained from FFA. Sak is currently loosing on 2008 points as his team will be stacked full of noobs. Also it lies, nothing is 100% reliable.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Ladders are pointless.
Gota

Post by Gota »

neddiedrow wrote:Ladders are pointless.
The ladder we had was fun.It was also PRETTY accurate.
At least the BA one.
I know that a time will come,probably sooner than later when we will have a ladder again and it will be even better than the previous one.

Return to “XTA”