Re: Illiterate noobs

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

when i put SKILLFULL 1v1 IN CAPS it means something. i get at least 5+ noobs for every half decent player who joins >,< grrr....
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

errmm.... did you honestly expect the n00bs to do anything but fly towards the "skillz" label like moths to a fire? proving that they have got skillz is what every n00b lives for.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

chick dig guys with skillz, like kung fu skill, or computer hacking skill, or cake making skill, or dancing skill...
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I can polka!
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

You could always rank limit to the silver stars min3... The fact of the matter is that 80% of the time you are on you are probably DECIDEDLY the most skilled player on client right then. It's true of me at least 50% of the time, and you're better then I am.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

The rank system is very easily scammed. Just sit idling in a game for a few nights, you suddenly look like an elite player. Hell, I'm rank 2 and I've only played 2 full-length games ^_^ (all the 10-minute tests I do seem to add up...)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Caydr wrote:The rank system is very easily scammed. Just sit idling in a game for a few nights, you suddenly look like an elite player. Hell, I'm rank 2 and I've only played 2 full-length games ^_^ (all the 10-minute tests I do seem to add up...)
In the low ranks the system is rediculously easy to scam... but all the silver stars are either as good as me or better, so at least at that level it is working to some degree. There ARE low ranked players that can play with the silver stars pretty effecively, but there are also rank 4's who you could probably beat with one hand tied behind your back.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Like me!

I havnt scammed it at all. Ive just spent so much time in game losing, that it has all added up. Once I hit the silver star, that means ive spent 100 hours in game, wile losing about 90 of them. What fun...
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

Caydr wrote:The rank system is very easily scammed. Just sit idling in a game for a few nights, you suddenly look like an elite player. Hell, I'm rank 2 and I've only played 2 full-length games ^_^ (all the 10-minute tests I do seem to add up...)
Theres a much easier way than to acctually have a game going :)
mongus

Post by mongus »

Then rank icons aint actual rank, but... it tells you that a 3 stripes player at least knows the interface and prolly knows how to host well, and wont be dgunning into enemys base in sd... (oh well not that..).

But it rather tells you the player is more "used" to the interface, the lobby and its commands than anything about a rank.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

mongus wrote:Then rank icons aint actual rank, but... it tells you that a 3 stripes player at least knows ... and prolly knows how to host well, ...
Let's see.

- I join 2 games.
- One hosted by a rank 1 and another by a rank 4.
- On both games, on the first try, i enter the game and see the countdown of Spring not beeing able to connect.
- On one of those rooms, i will leave a message saying that the host needs to check his firewall and port forwarding and leave the room. On the other i will stay there for another try. Guess which one.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

PauloMorfeo wrote:
mongus wrote:Then rank icons aint actual rank, but... it tells you that a 3 stripes player at least knows ... and prolly knows how to host well, ...
Let's see.

- I join 2 games.
- One hosted by a rank 1 and another by a rank 4.
- On both games, on the first try, i enter the game and see the countdown of Spring not beeing able to connect.
- On one of those rooms, i will leave a message saying that the host needs to check his firewall and port forwarding and leave the room. On the other i will stay there for another try. Guess which one.
What is a hoe alex? I'll take "potent potables" for 300.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

What's the difference between..... something.... and a mallard with a cold? One's a sick duck.... I forget the rest, but your mother's a whore.
Tired

Post by Tired »

"What is... buck futter. Buck futter? I don't get it."
"Oh, I think ya do, Alex."

Traits of immature players (which is not to say new players, but rather those who haven't got their hormones in check): wanting to prove themselves, thinking that they've nothing to prove, AND POSTING IN CAPS. Honestly, min3, how could you post with that title and expect anything else?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

BUT CAPS ARE LIKE SUGAR COATING, THEY MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER!

OMGROFLOLPLZKTHNXTBHSIR
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

>,<
noobspam...and good players pretending to be noobspam ?,? >,<
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Caps is good for bringing anntention in important words or sentences. Ofen used in good posters in conjunction with BOLD!
In lack of better, Caps is used instead of bold.

Example.

Forum
"i really think swiftspear should be banned for a week for being such a smartass!"

Client
"Hey, FUCK YOU. I don't care what you say. Im not talking to you. GO AWAY!"

See?

i'm gonna WALK AWAY from this treadh now!
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

How did that H move across 5 spaces?
chrono

Post by chrono »

I dunno how much the star means ive seen stars not start onthe two metal spots on cpia, and its like wtf why would u do that, useless,and theyres so many terrible lvl4s and im a terrible star myself
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

^^ last time i played u u owned me chrono, then again that was a long time ago. yeah some stars suck but most are better than average (like me ^-^) some just are only good at certain mods so screw up in others. and that comment about CPIA...true but GRrrrrr the map would be okay if not for the random high concentration of metal in the middle! its ridicolous! like 10 m/mex! >,<

Return to “Ingame Community”