Spring Developer

Re: Air Raid V1.02

Post by Auswaschbar »

rattle wrote:D├╝sennegers
Black people with turbines?
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote: my other gripe was that enemy units are very very small- they could easily be twice the size and still be very difficult to see
+1

Also there could be adjustable speed - maybe just a limited afterburner.

And missiles make quite big craters often, otherwise its cool but makes it impossible to finish a target with gun after a missile hit if youre flying low enough.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

The enemy units are to scale. At the scale the plane is going at almost mach 2 BTW. You aren't going to see much of a ground target while going mach 2.

I've turned the controls into a widget so they'll be changeable without losing sync in the next version.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

playability > scale
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

depends completely on the controls tbh; if it'll be easier to aim/control the plane, small units won't hurt that much.

what could be awesome is a small locked target display window, like all wannabe fighter/gunship sims in 1995 did.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I have no idea how to do PIP but I like how the small size of the ground units allows me to be lazy with the texture :P.

Maybe it's not such a problem for me because I've had a few hours to really get used to the controls and can easily gun those small things down with precision... The hitsphere seems to be a bit larger than the actual model (just aim at the marker) and the gun has some decent AOE to make hitting easier so it shouldn't be hard to gun a ground target down unless you're being pelted by flak and have no time to aim.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Problem is that its hard to evaluate distance when you see nothing of the unit but just the marker. Sometimes I dont even know if its behind a hill or in front of it. I can check minimap but sometimes im too busy for that.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

rattle wrote:I want D├╝sennegers as sub/mini bosses
and more stuff to kill! diffrent tanks, radar stations, satallite dishes, helicopters, bombers/cargo planes, power plants, boats! old WZ models :D!

and a choice of diffrent planes to fly! a stealth plane that units only target at closer ranges (ie, dosnt show up on radar) and a big cumbersome bomber with big bombs and autofiring mg turrets and a warthog equivalent and and and,

and floating powering ups that recover HP, give speed boosts and points and temporary invunrebility and temporary infinite missles and call in allied renforcements (aircraft you cant control that patrol, tanks that cruise in from the edge of the map) !
Problem is that its hard to evaluate distance when you see nothing of the unit but just the marker. Sometimes I dont even know if its behind a hill or in front of it. I can check minimap but sometimes im too busy for that.
there is probably no way to do this, but having a cross in the targetting square of a unit when LoS to it is blocked would be handy
Gota

Post by Gota »

I want a Gundam.
Some of them could fly right?
How about a tank with AA abilities.
Some would play as planes some as tanks or mechs.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

its possible to go underwater... But firing the gun there instakills you.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Auswaschbar wrote:
rattle wrote:D├╝sennegers
Black people with turbines?
Black people on fire wearing a KFC bucket on their head and spitting chicken bones at ya... and the final boss goes shoop da woop!
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

A way to invert the mouse would be nice; right now aiming down makes you turn upwards...
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

Guessmyname wrote:A way to invert the mouse would be nice; right now aiming down makes you turn upwards...
do u own a pad, if yes use xpadder and invert there the axes
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Nope, mouse. Using 'invert mouse' in Spring Settings doesn't do anything either.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

awesome, just awesome.

requesting afterburners.

also, feel free to use any of the evo models you like for this project.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

I played quite few short games, controls seem fine when you get used to it, but 1 big flaw: you need to be able to roll your plane around a full round. Most important after you turn around going on the vertical axis, and your plane is upside down and controls are inverted, to get back to normality. I hope thats understandably described...

Also some better sensors would be great. Not only distance indicator next to markers, but also something to tell where enemy planes are. Its hard to do any more advanced maneuvering against them when you only know their location when theyre straight ahead of you (besides minimap poinst but they arent exact enough). Something like the enemy missile markers but on the screen edges?

The dogfight is the most entertaining part of the game anyway though, even against computer planes.

And pls add option to slow down speed, you dont want to be too fast when tailing behind an enemy wasp (youll end up in front of it in no time).
Gota

Post by Gota »

JohannesH wrote:I played quite few short games, controls seem fine when you get used to it, but 1 big flaw: you need to be able to roll your plane around a full round. Most important after you turn around going on the vertical axis, and your plane is upside down and controls are inverted, to get back to normality. I hope thats understandably described...

Also some better sensors would be great. Not only distance indicator next to markers, but also something to tell where enemy planes are. Its hard to do any more advanced maneuvering against them when you only know their location when theyre straight ahead of you (besides minimap poinst but they arent exact enough). Something like the enemy missile markers but on the screen edges?

The dogfight is the most entertaining part of the game anyway though, even against computer planes.

And pls add option to slow down speed, you dont want to be too fast when tailing behind an enemy wasp (youll end up in front of it in no time).
+1
knorke

Post by knorke »

this is awesome but the controlls are fail.
for example i hold the mousepointer to the right but the plane will not turn at all. then i start moving the pointer like 1cm up and down and suddendly the plane will react.
It seems as if the controlls only "update" when the mouse is moving?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

knorke wrote:this is awesome but the controlls are fail.
for example i hold the mousepointer to the right but the plane will not turn at all. then i start moving the pointer like 1cm up and down and suddendly the plane will react.
It seems as if the controlls only "update" when the mouse is moving?
Rolling simply does not steer to the side, you have to roll and then climb. Air Raid is inspired by HAWX in many ways and that's how the controls work there, it's extremely simplified in physics but the most awesome flight action game I've played (there's a reason I won't use the word simulation anywhere near HAWX or Air Raid).

Return to “Game Releases”